Mirage Omnisat v2 SAT speakers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mirage Omnisat v2 SAT speakers?

jc_ufl
07-12-2006, 12:58 PM
I am looking into getting new speakers for my apartment and just auditioned these at a local audio store. I thought they sounded really good, but was wondering if anyone has had experience with them? Since they have a omnipolar design, you are supposed to be able to hear the full range of the system from anywhere around the room vs a specific location (per normal bookshelf speakers). Is this true? I also do not know very much about Mirage, what is the overall opinion about that manufacturer? I am more familar with B&W, Energy, KEF and Polk. Is Mirage along the same lines as these manufacturers?

I was thinking of buying them and hooking them up to my Yamaha RX-V2600. I just wanted to ask around first. I also wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions about a good sub in the $400-500 dollar range to go along with this speaker set.

tem
07-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Cheap and Good!!

If u are not a critical or a female listener will find the speakers sound very nice as compared with some higher priced like triad and paradigm wall or ceiling speakers.

Fergymunster
07-12-2006, 05:26 PM
I am looking into getting new speakers for my apartment and just auditioned these at a local audio store. I thought they sounded really good, but was wondering if anyone has had experience with them? Since they have a omnipolar design, you are supposed to be able to hear the full range of the system from anywhere around the room vs a specific location (per normal bookshelf speakers). Is this true? I also do not know very much about Mirage, what is the overall opinion about that manufacturer? I am more familar with B&W, Energy, KEF and Polk. Is Mirage along the same lines as these manufacturers?

I was thinking of buying them and hooking them up to my Yamaha RX-V2600. I just wanted to ask around first. I also wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions about a good sub in the $400-500 dollar range to go along with this speaker set.
Mirage is a very good manufcaturer,you might as well get one of their Mirage omni series of subs which are in your price range.I own the S8 sub and it's outstanding.

kelsci
07-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Hi JC; In my brother's opinion, he said that he did not like the performance of the newer Mirage satellites. He might have been referring to the model you desire. The link below is for reviews of the Mirage Omnistat which are on sale for $100 apiece. He owns them and is one of the reviewers on the link below. I think they are very good in sound quality because this omnipolar design is combined as a type of coaxial speaker whose type of speaker not to often found I think whose type of design was great years back and I think would be great for home theater today. I cannot comment really well as to the rear channel performance of these satellites simply because my hotshot brother thinks he knows all their is about surround sound and because of this he has made errors in his speaker positioning. I can verify that the L-C-R formation of these satellites perform very well. One of the satellites function as a center channel speaker works extremely well without being a D-Appolito design. Vanns wants $250 for the V2s that you seek against 100 buck a speaker for the Omnistats. If my brother is right, the Omnistats are a hell of a better deal.

One of the reviewers on that link talks about the S-12 subwoofer from Mirage. My brother bought that. In complements his system greatly and is a great subwoofer. I do not think Vanns has any for sale which is unfortunate. They do have the S-8 for $199. Perhaps two of those might be good for big sound. I would say that you need a tight deep bass driven, high powered sub for these speakers. I would try to search somewhere for that S-12, though. Here are a two links on buying and reviews on the Omnistats:

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/reviews/542249296

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BGPCC4/sr=8-2/qid=1152825629/ref=pd_bbs_2/103-4735180-7746256?ie=UTF8