Greatest Swashbuckler of All Time!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Swashbuckler of All Time!!!!

Worf101
07-12-2006, 05:27 AM
Hokay, with ButtPirates of the Crappabean makin' more money than Creosus... I guess it's time to have a leetle polll.... Who's the greatest Buckswashler of all time me hearties!!!! This includes all manner of sword wielding dandies...

Da Worfster

Defshep
07-12-2006, 05:51 AM
Nate and Hayes! Nah, just kiddin'.

noddin0ff
07-12-2006, 06:07 AM
Wesley from The Princess Bride. :-)

...or perhaps D'Artagnan (the Michael York one) of the Three Musketeers.

superpanavision70mm
07-12-2006, 10:27 AM
What about Robert Shaw in THE SWASHBUCKLER?

SlumpBuster
07-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Brendan Fraser - The Mummy

The timing on that movie that that performance were perfect. I just remember walking out of that theater grinning ear to ear.

JoeE SP9
07-13-2006, 07:16 AM
Out of five votes it's four for Errol Flynn. I would vote for him twice if I could. Those who think someone else deserves their vote should watch Errol doing Robin Hood. He made me want to wear green and live in Sherwood Forest. Kevin Kostner as Robin Hood, puleeeeeze!:ihih:

Worf101
07-13-2006, 07:41 AM
There were some I left off.

Burt Lancaster, Robert Shaw, Basil Rathbone (think about it, he taught all of Hollywood how to sword fight and although Flynn won in the end it was Rathbone who was an Olympic caliber swordsman), Cary Elwes and Robert Taylor (Ivanhoe, Lancelot etc...). All these guys are right up there but I only had 10 Slots. Lots of folks would overlook Douglas Fairbanks Sr. But the guy played D'artagnon, Zorro, Ali Babba, Sinbad... hell you name it. He INVENTED the "action hero". Just cause he didn't survive the move to sound doesn't mean he wasn't all that. And he did ALL his own stunts.

Da Worfster

Worf101
07-13-2006, 07:46 AM
One left out:

Stewart Granger - Scaramouche, King Solomon's Mines, Beau Brummel.

Da Worfster

GMichael
07-13-2006, 08:37 AM
Errol Flynn - Capt Blood, Robin Hood etc...

DUH...

All the others are just copies.

bobsticks
07-13-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm abstaining. As noted, Basil Rathbone was pretty widely acknowledged to have been the man.

eisforelectronic
07-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Obi-wan Kenobi

Kam
07-14-2006, 06:38 AM
i went with flynn to, only because worfster failed to add his favorite swashbuckling actor, the muscles from brussels, Jean-Claude Van Damme to the list.

"but kam," you say, "worf's favorite actor Jean-Claude Van Damme has never been in a swashbuckling type role?" to which i reply, "how dare you insult worfster's favorite actor of all time Jean-Claude Van Damme! Did you not see the criteria! A sword wielding Dandy! And you tell me who would be a bigger sword wielding dandy than worf's favorite actor Jean-Claude Van Damme!"

:D

(hehe it's been a while worfster, i had to, chuck norris made me do it)

audio_dude
07-14-2006, 08:40 AM
wow, that pole is getting some anemic response, lol

Sir Terrence the Terrible
07-14-2006, 09:42 AM
I am going to buck this trend of naming dudes only for swashbuckling parts.

I say Geena Davis in Cuthroat Island, and Angelina Jolie in both Laura Croft movies.

My flame suit is on, so flame away.

Worf101
07-18-2006, 06:26 AM
i went with flynn to, only because worfster failed to add his favorite swashbuckling actor, the muscles from brussels, Jean-Claude Van Damme to the list.

"but kam," you say, "worf's favorite actor Jean-Claude Van Damme has never been in a swashbuckling type role?" to which i reply, "how dare you insult worfster's favorite actor of all time Jean-Claude Van Damme! Did you not see the criteria! A sword wielding Dandy! And you tell me who would be a bigger sword wielding dandy than worf's favorite actor Jean-Claude Van Damme!"

:D

(hehe it's been a while worfster, i had to, chuck norris made me do it)

Kam.. I hate you. Pbbbst!!!!:mad5: I wonder how, in the name of all that is un-holy, did I get grafted with the Muscles from Brussels. In actuality, there is one movie of his I thought was pretty good. He's a Foreign Legionaire who winds up last man standing. Other than that, pheh. Kam and others thow his name at me like a curse... and it is almost that bad. Fie upon thee all and pox on all thy movie houses!!!!

Da Worfster