Seen some Dali Ikon speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Seen some Dali Ikon speakers

Wireworm5
07-10-2006, 04:28 AM
I was looking for a cheap stereo receiver for my girlfriend and they had this new line of speakers on display that I hadn't seen before. I was impressed by how good these tower speakers looked and went for a closer look. I remember 4 models, the one that impressed me the most had like 4 woofers and tweeter on the front bafel and two 12" woofers on the side. This was a huge speaker about a 5' high and 1' width. There was no price tag on this one so I was guessing it to be at least 5 grand or more. The other models were $2000 and under.
I never listened to these but I was thinking that I sure would like to start over again and buy these speakers. But my system is pretty much complete and I don't have the resources to even consider buying speakers again.
Anyways, for those looking for tower speakers you must consider these speakers. I bet Paradigm is shaking in their boots with this new kid on the block.

Florian
07-10-2006, 07:20 AM
Actually Dali, is a LONG established High End company from Denmark and in a different league then Paradigm *No offense Woochie!

They do make more affordable models too but they are not "new on the block" and target a different audience. Check out the Dali Megaline ;-)

ericl
07-10-2006, 07:38 AM
I heard a pair of Dali's Ikon series at CES. Really really impressive speakers. I listened to their simplest floorstander, which retailed for about $1600. Awesome speakers. I want to try their large bookshelfs. I've got their cards right here, i just need to email the guys.

dean_martin
07-10-2006, 08:19 AM
I haven't seen or heard these in person, but I've done business with a web seller who carries this brand: www.spearitsound.com. I think one of Dali's floorstanders was recently reviewed in Stereophile. If their affordable bookshelf speakers were as easy to drive as it appears the floorstanders are from the specs, I'd definitely be interested too.