2 Cable ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 2 Cable ?

s dog
07-08-2006, 02:58 PM
I have a few extra AR rca cables laying around, my 1st ? is can i use reg rca cables as component cables as long as i match up the colors correctly {bedroom system] 2 ? can i use AR video cable as audio cable, i have a lot more vidoe cable than i need, not enough audio cable. dont want to spend money on bedroom system if i dont have to.

superpanavision70mm
07-08-2006, 03:05 PM
I am quite sure that you can use the typical yellow composite cable to carry audio signal as well. However, I have never attempted to connect the component this way and I am quite sure that it won't work even if you match up the colors. Even if you do get signal it will most likely not be color-correct.

s dog
07-09-2006, 11:25 AM
I am quite sure that you can use the typical yellow composite cable to carry audio signal as well. However, I have never attempted to connect the component this way and I am quite sure that it won't work even if you match up the colors. Even if you do get signal it will most likely not be color-correct.
I think i will just forget about the component cables and just use a yellow composite cable that will be good enough for a bedroom system, thanks for the help

JoeE SP9
07-09-2006, 01:29 PM
The only difference in any of those cables is the color! They are color coded to make it hard to connect things incorrectly. As long as you match the colors at each end there will be no problem. :cool: