Punk Vinyl [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Punk Vinyl

-Jar-
07-07-2006, 09:42 PM
:5: I've been having some fun listening and burning some punk vinyl tonight..

got done so far:

DOA - POSITIVELY DOA 7" ("World War 3") and WAR ON 45 12"

DK's - FRESH FRUIT, IN GOD WE TRUST INC., and BLEED FOR ME 7"

Black Flag - JEALOUS AGAIN & DAMAGED (I forgot how explosive this one is.. damn)

SST Comps CHUNKS and CRACKS IN THE SIDEWALK

Stains - STAINS (another very early explosive SST punk record)

LET THEM EAT JELLYBEANS comp

currently burning: Husker Du - NEW DAY RISING (the first two songs "New Day Rising" and "Girl Who Lives on Heaven Hill" are freaking punk rock symphonies.. what amazing walls of sound - I'm also amazed at how well this piece of vinyl has held up over the years, still the same one I bought back in 1987 or so..)

Still to come: Saccharine Trust SURVIVING YOU ALWAYS, Minutemen 3 WAY TIE (FOR LAST) and BOSTON NOT LA comp.

Since I don't keep my MMF-1 'table out, it will be nice to have this stuff to listen to in the car, etc..

Also, got a pile of classic metal albums.. gonna pick and choose some metal maniac toonz..

when the family's away, daddy will play!

:cornut:

-Jar-
07-07-2006, 11:53 PM
I just wanted to say that Maiden's # OF THE BEAST sounds way better on vinyl than on the cd I have. But you already knew that.

Thanks and good night

Slosh
07-08-2006, 05:36 AM
Calexico - "Fade"

ProJect table >> Marantz integrated's phono-stage/record outs >> Pioneer CD recorder >> wma lossless

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7CF4E2BF5DBE0248

nobody
07-08-2006, 06:21 AM
Some fun stuff ya got goin' there.

Totally agree on the Black Flag. Those early singles are just full of power and reckless energy.

I burned my copy of War on 45 not too long ago. That's one of my all time favorite EPs.

Let Them Eat Jellybeans may just be the absolute best album to document that era.

I'd be really grateful if you could think of any way to get copiers of those burns of Chunks and Cracks ion the Sidewalk my way.

Oh...and speaking of vinyl, just picked up the new Johnny Cash on vinyl and well as the new Willie Nelson, which is him covering a bunch of Cindy Walker classics and is absolutely fantastic. Both great 180 gram pressings for just 10.99 a piece...fantastic music, fantastic values...nothing not to like...