Breaking it down..... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Breaking it down.....

LeoRousseau
07-06-2006, 01:18 PM
I am going with PSB Image line..... But what one? I'm tossed between the Image B25, Image T45 or the Image T55..... The room is 13x15 and I'll be powering them with an Nad 320bee..... I don't want too much bass because I have family living below me.... Any recomendations? How is the B25 compared to the T45? Thanks.....

littleb
07-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Leo,

Have you listened to any of these speakers? I recently had a go around with these very same speakers. Here are my thoughts. I think both the B25 and the T55 would be bass heavy compared to the T45. From post readings I have had and personal experience, I feel the 6.5" mids are a bit on the muddy side compared to the 5.25" mid of the T45. It all depends what your planning on using these speakers for. If your going to use them as HT speakers, I feel the T45s are the way to go. A local salesman told me if I was looking for music speakers he would suggest nothing smaller than the T55. I really don't agree with him, though. I feel the T45 will give you everything your looking for as far as detail and clarity, wheras I feel the other two give something up in this area. I guess you can tell that I like the T45 the most in this group.

LeoRousseau
07-08-2006, 05:02 AM
I think it's gonna be the T45...... I have had the Image 2b's in the past... I like to listen to recordings such as James Taylor Live At The Beacon Theatre and Bruce Springsteen The Seeger Sessions.... I think the T45's will shine with such recordings.... Or at least I hope they will... :)

littleb
07-20-2006, 08:32 AM
Leo,

How are those t45's treating you?

3db
07-20-2006, 10:34 AM
I am going with PSB Image line..... But what one? I'm tossed between the Image B25, Image T45 or the Image T55..... The room is 13x15 and I'll be powering them with an Nad 320bee..... I don't want too much bass because I have family living below me.... Any recomendations? How is the B25 compared to the T45? Thanks.....

I love them. Accurate tight bass, mids are life like and highs are very detailed without sound etchy or grainy. I can listen to them for hours and not get tired. Please read my review

http://audioreview.com/mfr/psb-speakers/floorstanding-speakers/PRD_329036_1594crx.aspx

and a review from Soundstage;

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/psb_image_t45.htm

littleb
07-21-2006, 04:46 AM
It's too bad, though, that they only come in two finishes, the black and that pale maple. I would have liked to see them in a cherry like they had with the 4ts.

3db
07-24-2006, 05:08 AM
Leo,

Have you listened to any of these speakers? I recently had a go around with these very same speakers. Here are my thoughts. I think both the B25 and the T55 would be bass heavy compared to the T45. From post readings I have had and personal experience, I feel the 6.5" mids are a bit on the muddy side compared to the 5.25" mid of the T45. It all depends what your planning on using these speakers for. If your going to use them as HT speakers, I feel the T45s are the way to go. A local salesman told me if I was looking for music speakers he would suggest nothing smaller than the T55. I really don't agree with him, though. I feel the T45 will give you everything your looking for as far as detail and clarity, wheras I feel the other two give something up in this area. I guess you can tell that I like the T45 the most in this group.

The salesman I bought the T45s from told me that the T55s aren't worth the extra 150 clams for an additional 2 -3 Hz of bass extension. I use my T45s for both music and HT and love them in both applications. They can play very loud if needed and remain composed doing it. Its a speaker that excels in both HT and music environements.