The house is getting closer!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The house is getting closer!!!

GMichael
07-03-2006, 06:55 AM
Sorry that I haven't kept up with all the pics I promised. It's been very busy lately. I'll post them as soon as I can.
We had a meeting with our builder over the weekend. It went like this:

me: When will you be finished?
him: I don't know.
m: Don't you even have an idea of when?
h: no.
m: But we are ordering special funiture and they need to know when to bring it in.
h: So order it.
m: But when can we tell them to bring it?
h: I don't know.
m: But I have to give them some kind of idea.
h: (shrugs)
m: OK, how about if I tell them mid September?
h: MID SEPTEMBER?!!!!
m: Why? You don't think it will be done by then?
h: What? You'll be in by the end of the month.
m: End of what month?
h: This month.
m: What?! This month? You mean, less than 30 days?
h: Yeah, what did you think I meant?
m: Yipeeeeee!!! Drinks are on me! (No JM, no belly shots)

Too bad it will take 6 weeks to get the funiture. Oh well, can't win'em all.

bobsticks
07-03-2006, 07:01 AM
Please be advised that nothing short of a play-by-play detailing of the construction of the HT will be accepted...
Cheers to the new digs,
M

ForeverAutumn
07-03-2006, 07:01 AM
Did you get it in writing?

So you're building a new house? Is that what you're telling me? Seems I'm a little behind on the gossip around here. I don't know how I missed it, I try never to take a break from the water cooler.

That's very exciting! I'm very jealous and can't wait to see pics so that I can live vicariously through you.

JohnMichael
07-03-2006, 07:11 AM
What a dream come true. A brand new house. Congratulations!

GMichael
07-03-2006, 07:12 AM
Please be advised that nothing short of a play-by-play detailing of the construction of the HT will be accepted...
Cheers to the new digs,
M

Thanks,
So far, I ran speaker wire (just double insulated 12ga from PE) through the walls for 7.1. Ran HDMI cable as well as 2 component cables and power cord to where the projector will be mounted (ceiling). Also a dedicated 20 amp circuit to the wall where everything will get plugged into a power conditioner.
Oh, same for the bedroom. (6.1)
Already have the two Sanyo Z4 projectors tested and ready to go. A 106" permanent wall screen for the living room and a 92" powered screen with remote for the bedroom. Next week we shop for blackout curtains.

GMichael
07-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Did you get it in writing?

So you're building a new house? Is that what you're telling me? Seems I'm a little behind on the gossip around here. I don't know how I missed it, I try never to take a break from the water cooler.

That's very exciting! I'm very jealous and can't wait to see pics so that I can live vicariously through you.

He wouldn't put a "get well soon card" in writing for his mother in the hospital. (joke)

Yes, new home on the way. Moving to PA. I was using our house plans as an avatar for a bit. I'll post what I have but most pics are still on the chip.

GMichael
07-03-2006, 07:18 AM
What a dream come true. A brand new house. Congratulations!

Thanks John.

You two coming to our house warming?

GMichael
07-03-2006, 08:08 AM
A better look at the plans.

KaiWinters
07-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Good for you G.
We broke ground on August 1, 2004 for our house. We moved in Nov 14 same year.
Builders are subject to many foibles including workers that can be fly by night, weather, materials delays and other homes they are building. They usually have several going so their workers, most are fairly specialized, can go from one to another and if they can not work at your house today for some reason they go to another and usually stay there until they are finished at that house doing that particular job...flooring, plumbing, etc.

Our flooring took longer than expected because it took longer than expected to get the material, bamboo, so the installer went to another house. The flooring came in two days later but the installer did not come back for over a week. He was not going to leave one job half finished to start another. Understandable but frustrating when it is your house.

Wish I could see a large view of your plans but from what I can see they look like a nice layout.
Good luck and enjoy.

GMichael
07-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Good for you G.
We broke ground on August 1, 2004 for our house. We moved in Nov 14 same year.
Builders are subject to many foibles including workers that can be fly by night, weather, materials delays and other homes they are building. They usually have several going so their workers, most are fairly specialized, can go from one to another and if they can not work at your house today for some reason they go to another and usually stay there until they are finished at that house doing that particular job...flooring, plumbing, etc.

Our flooring took longer than expected because it took longer than expected to get the material, bamboo, so the installer went to another house. The flooring came in two days later but the installer did not come back for over a week. He was not going to leave one job half finished to start another. Understandable but frustrating when it is your house.

Wish I could see a large view of your plans but from what I can see they look like a nice layout.
Good luck and enjoy.

Thanks,
Our builder has been very good to us so far. We just broke ground in late March. The foundation went in in April.

GMichael
07-03-2006, 01:15 PM
We have many pics from start until now. Here is the latest as of 7/1/06.

JohnMichael
07-03-2006, 01:40 PM
We have many pics from start until now. Here is the latest as of 7/1/06.

You might want to leave the dumpster there until after the house warming party. Plenty of room for empties. Oh and for those that can't run with the big dogs they can lean over the rail and...............never mind.:cornut:

L.J.
07-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Congrats GM! I've been busy also. Looks nice........92" screen in the bedroom huh? :thumbsup:

That's what I'm talkin' bout!

PAT.P
07-03-2006, 05:41 PM
GM looking good ! I've been to busy lately to talk ,dif interest none audio.Making room in basement for the boy .He wants big boys toys (drum set) and the wife is not for it :incazzato: Spent so many hours on drum site and cymbal site:confused5: Congrat and post more pics:16:

KaiWinters
07-03-2006, 06:38 PM
We have over 600 photos in an album of our house construction as well as some video and more pictures stored on a hard drive. Great to have for the future. I also made sure to take lots of photos of the electrical and plumbing runs, marking each photo for direction, etc. just in case I need to get into a wall...hopefully not for a long freaking time...LOL I still am loathe to hang a photo or picture because I don't want to make a hole...LOL we still have no window treatments, other than wooden blinds, because we do not want to make holes in the walls and do not want to cover up the wood trim...wife and I sanded, stained and three coats of poly on all the woodwork so we are not in any hurry to cover it up.

Enjoy you house, soon to be your "home".

Bernd
07-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Congrats Mike. Looking great.
Wishing you many happy years and good fortune in your new home.:)

Peace

Bernd:16:

JohnMichael
07-04-2006, 06:43 AM
GM looking good ! I've been to busy lately to talk ,dif interest none audio.Making room in basement for the boy .He wants big boys toys (drum set) and the wife is not for it :incazzato: Spent so many hours on drum site and cymbal site:confused5: Congrat and post more pics:16:

Pat.P it's good to see you posting again. I was afraid we would have to send out a search party.

PAT.P
07-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Pat.P it's good to see you posting again. I was afraid we would have to send out a search party.Thanks JohnMicheal ! Most my time is so far for the last month as been in drum store and drum site.I never knew there so much drums and cymbal dif .Now some of my old audio stuff is basement needs to go:incazzato: I like to expand the house but no room .I 've put a floor in part of attic for some box and odds but need to do a major clean up in here.:ihih: Talk to you later:cornut:

GMichael
07-05-2006, 05:06 AM
You might want to leave the dumpster there until after the house warming party. Plenty of room for empties. Oh and for those that can't run with the big dogs they can lean over the rail and...............never mind.:cornut:

Sounds good. I'll work out a deal with the builder for the dumpster and the portatoilet.

GMichael
07-05-2006, 05:11 AM
Congrats GM! I've been busy also. Looks nice........92" screen in the bedroom huh? :thumbsup:

That's what I'm talkin' bout!

Yeah, we had to go small for the bedroom system. :ihih: We'll only be about 12 feet from the screen.
The wife wants to put a mirror in the only good spot for the TV. No choice but to go with the drop down screen.

Good to see you post again. I thought your were trying to catch my post count. You'll have to get moving.

GMichael
07-05-2006, 05:14 AM

Thanks Pat. Good to hear from you. I think I got the band back together here.

Good luck with the drums. Don't forget two pair of noise canceling headphones for you and the Mrs.

GMichael
07-05-2006, 05:30 AM
We have over 600 photos in an album of our house construction as well as some video and more pictures stored on a hard drive. Great to have for the future. I also made sure to take lots of photos of the electrical and plumbing runs, marking each photo for direction, etc. just in case I need to get into a wall...hopefully not for a long freaking time...LOL I still am loathe to hang a photo or picture because I don't want to make a hole...LOL we still have no window treatments, other than wooden blinds, because we do not want to make holes in the walls and do not want to cover up the wood trim...wife and I sanded, stained and three coats of poly on all the woodwork so we are not in any hurry to cover it up.

Enjoy you house, soon to be your "home".

HAHAHAHA You'll have to make those holes eventually. Measure twice, drill once.

GMichael
07-05-2006, 05:31 AM
Congrats Mike. Looking great.
Wishing you many happy years and good fortune in your new home.:)

Peace

Thanks Bernd.

PAT.P
07-05-2006, 06:34 AM
Thanks Pat. Good to hear from you. I think I got the band back together here.

Good luck with the drums. Don't forget two pair of noise canceling headphones for you and the Mrs.No headphones yet:ihih: So far I stack ,one old marching snare,1 sonar 3145 snare limited edition (did'nt convince the wife the full drumset yet ):incazzato: Practice pad with stand ,all cymbal stand.As for cymbal 1 pair of Sabian Hand Hammered hats,1 pair of Zanki hats,Sabian AA crash Medium ,Sabian Signature China,Sabian Rock Ride,Meinl ride.I still need a Splash but got a Black Beauty cow bell:ihih: Some of these cymbal are top of the line and expensive (I try to buy second hand)I need at least 50sq ft of space for now .Could of bought a Pool table like you:ihih:

topspeed
07-05-2006, 09:23 AM
GM,

Congrats on your new house! The area you are moving to looks really nice and I like all of the mature trees and foilage. I can't believe you're putting a 92" screen in your bedroom! Wassamatta pal, can't find anything else to do in there besides watch Armageddon? :ciappa:

Pat,

Are you a drummer as well or are you just getting a kit for your boy? I've been playing since I was six and now my son, who is now six, wants to learn how to play. Two kits, one for me and one for him. Thanks goodness his little brother wants to play guitar! Edyct is a drummer as well. Smart thinking with the basement. Concrete is an excellent sound barrier. My parents game room was constructed of brick and believe me, the neighbors were very thankful!

BTW, Tama all the way! :3:

L.J.
07-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Yeah, we had to go small for the bedroom system. :ihih: We'll only be about 12 feet from the screen.
The wife wants to put a mirror in the only good spot for the TV. No choice but to go with the drop down screen.

Good to see you post again. I thought your were trying to catch my post count. You'll have to get moving.

That's like trying to catch Sir T DVD count. :nonod:

School, homework and house duties are taking all my time. I've been painting the trim and landscaping the backyard. Still gotta put some lighting and planter speakers in, but the hard work is just about done.

What's up Pat......I see your still hanging on to photos. :prrr:

PAT.P
07-05-2006, 10:03 AM
GM,

Congrats on your new house! The area you are moving to looks really nice and I like all of the mature trees and foilage. I can't believe you're putting a 92" screen in your bedroom! Wassamatta pal, can't find anything else to do in there besides watch Armageddon? :ciappa:

Pat,

Are you a drummer as well or are you just getting a kit for your boy? I've been playing since I was six and now my son, who is now six, wants to learn how to play. Two kits, one for me and one for him. Thanks goodness his little brother wants to play guitar! Edyct is a drummer as well. Smart thinking with the basement. Concrete is an excellent sound barrier. My parents game room was constructed of brick and believe me, the neighbors were very thankful!

BTW, Tama all the way! :3:Im not a drummer but is uncle is in a band .I was going to go with the Sonor Force 3005 line, all maple .They say its the best drum- set in the semi-pro level out there.:16:

PAT.P
07-05-2006, 10:05 AM
That's like trying to catch Sir T DVD count. :nonod:

School, homework and house duties are taking all my time. I've been painting the trim and landscaping the backyard. Still gotta put some lighting and planter speakers in, but the hard work is just about done.

What's up Pat......I see your still hanging on to photos. :prrr:Im still waiting for the swimsuit pics guys:ihih:

GMichael
07-05-2006, 10:22 AM
GM,

Pat,

Thanks,
It's a great neighborhood. Feels like we are miles from town but it's just a block away.
The company we bought the projector from includes the 106" fixed screen. The 92" powered screen was the same price so I was able to do an even switch on one of them. The Z-4 has a remote zoom. I'm sure I'll end up shrinking it a bit while viewing. As for, other things to do, hell yeah. But sometimes the little lady wants to watch something I don't. This way we both get to see what we want on the big screen. The prices on the Z-4 came down so much that 2 cost less than one 50" plasma.

Ditto on the Tama.

ForeverAutumn
07-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Pat,

My Hubby is a drummer. First we lived in an apartment and now in a townhouse, so the drums have been packed and stored for the last 14 years. It makes him very sad. We've been looking at buying a new house and one of the things on our "must have" list is a music room in the basement where we can set up all of our instruments (drums, keyboard, several guitars and a bass). When we look at a house, I'm already factoring the cost of soundproofing panels in the renovations costs. :biggrin5:

PAT.P
07-05-2006, 11:01 AM
My Hubby is a drummer. First we lived in an apartment and now in a townhouse, so the drums have been packed and stored for the last 14 years. It makes him very sad. We've been looking at buying a new house and one of the things on our "must have" list is a music room in the basement where we can set up all of our instruments (drums, keyboard, several guitars and a bass). When we look at a house, I'm already factoring the cost of soundproofing panels in the renovations costs. :biggrin5:Get the mans drum out ,put them in the living room:ihih:
I own a townhouse ,my daughter rent-it from me and the neighbor complaint just for the radio .I had to buy a DB meter just for testing the level and tell the neighbor to F---OFF.:incazzato:

dean_martin
07-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Glad to see you're almost there, GM!

dean_martin
07-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Ditto on the Tama.

Got my son a Tama Rock Star set (the one with the floor tom) a couple of years ago. It has a chrome mirror finish, sounds good and should last him through college. Thereafter, he's on his own. He's added a double bass pedal and Cymbals from Zjildian (including a china which is big in the hard core scene).

GMichael
07-05-2006, 01:30 PM
My Hubby is a drummer. First we lived in an apartment and now in a townhouse, so the drums have been packed and stored for the last 14 years. It makes him very sad. We've been looking at buying a new house and one of the things on our "must have" list is a music room in the basement where we can set up all of our instruments (drums, keyboard, several guitars and a bass). When we look at a house, I'm already factoring the cost of soundproofing panels in the renovations costs. :biggrin5:

Sounds like a plan. A good one.
When we were shopping I shot down a lot of houses because they had no room for my pool table.

GMichael
07-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Glad to see you're almost there, GM!

Thanks,

Great pic of the Tamas. You're a good dad.

ForeverAutumn
07-05-2006, 02:25 PM
Get the mans drum out ,put them in the living room:ihih:
I own a townhouse ,my daughter rent-it from me and the neighbor complaint just for the radio .I had to buy a DB meter just for testing the level and tell the neighbor to F---OFF.:incazzato:

Our neighbours aren't the quietest bunch on the block either and it's been real tempting some days to set up the drums just out of spite. Instead, I just turn up our sub-woofer for a song or two. That seems to get the message across well enough. :cornut:

audio amateur
07-07-2006, 04:27 AM
Our neighbours aren't the quietest bunch on the block either and it's been real tempting some days to set up the drums just out of spite. Instead, I just turn up our sub-woofer for a song or two. That seems to get the message across well enough. :cornut:

I like to get the sub pounding every once in a while too hahaha:ciappa: the fact of the matter is, it's hardly ever a message:p

Woochifer
07-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Very exciting news! Congrats!

Sounds like you're on the right track, but what's up with this furniture deal? You mean to tell US -- i.e. netizens on an audio board -- that you ordered furniture before upgrading your home theater gear?! Oh the humanity! :yikes:

GMichael
07-10-2006, 05:14 AM
Very exciting news! Congrats!

Sounds like you're on the right track, but what's up with this furniture deal? You mean to tell US -- i.e. netizens on an audio board -- that you ordered furniture before upgrading your home theater gear?! Oh the humanity! :yikes:

Thanks Wooch.

Have no fear, it's theater seating. That counts right? The house kind of is being build around my home theater ideas, with two Z-4 projectors being mounted to the ceilings. Dark colors where needed. All the while drooling over all the gear I'm hoping to buy next year. We picked up blackout cloth over the weekend. Can't wait to have our system up and running. We've stocked up on DVD's. Most are still in the plastic.

Edit: They added door locks to our house over the weekend. Too bad they didn't give us a key.

GMichael
07-13-2006, 01:59 PM
A key, A KEY! We picked up our key. Now we can get inside again. Spackling is done. Painting started today. Next week the overhead fans and lighting goes up. The week after that we get a kitchen and carpets.

L.J.
07-13-2006, 02:10 PM
A key, A KEY! We picked up our key. Now we can get inside again. Spackling is done. Painting started today. Next week the overhead fans and lighting goes up. The week after that we get a kitchen and carpets.

What's your first project after all is said and done?

Smokey
07-13-2006, 03:42 PM

I hope his first project would be to invite all of AR members over for a house warming party.

But keep the beer and liquor away from Sir TT....unless you hire a baby sitter for that night :D

paul_pci
07-13-2006, 10:51 PM
I hope his first project would be to invite all of AR members over for a house warming party.

But keep the beer and liquor away from Sir TT....unless you hire a baby sitter for that night :D

I'd be happy to babysit the beer and liquor, but not Sir TT.

GMichael
07-14-2006, 05:15 AM

First project will be to get those 2 new Z-4's up and running. Then comes the PARTY! Who's coming over? Even Sir TT can have all the beer and liquor he likes. My wife loves kids.
Then I want to upgrade speakers so that my Infinity's can be relocated to the bedroom.
Then separates so that the RX-V2500 can go down to the basement and that project begins. 700 sqft of open space waiting to become my ultimate HT system. Eventually the 2500 will make it back upstairs (to the bedroom) while better separates find their way to the basement. Our current bedroom system will go to either of the other two bedrooms.
Bye the way, both bathrooms are already wired for sound. Just a flick of the switch on either receiver and BAM! music to shower by.

So, did I ask, "who's coming over?"

PARTY!!!

:16: :5: :6: :23: :21: :18: :0:

L.J.
07-14-2006, 05:48 AM
First project will be to get those 2 new Z-4's up and running. Then comes the PARTY! Who's coming over? Even Sir TT can have all the beer and liquor he likes. My wife loves kids.
Then I want to upgrade speakers so that my Infinity's can be relocated to the bedroom.
Then separates so that the RX-V2500 can go down to the basement and that project begins. 700 sqft of open space waiting to become my ultimate HT system. Eventually the 2500 will make it back upstairs (to the bedroom) while better separates find their way to the basement. Our current bedroom system will go to either of the other two bedrooms.
Bye the way, both bathrooms are already wired for sound. Just a flick of the switch on either receiver and BAM! music to shower by.

PARTY!!!

:16: :5: :6: :23: :21: :18: :0:

Three systems!! GM are you sure that's enough? :ciappa:

Wow, that's sweet. And no neighbors either. You can surely crank it all night.

Party huh, I can see it now. GM and wife sitting on the couch opening gifts. "Wow honey look, another SPL meter. That's a total of 6 now".

GMichael
07-14-2006, 06:08 AM
Three systems!! GM are you sure that's enough? :ciappa:

Wow, that's sweet. And no neighbors either. You can surely crank it all night.

Party huh, I can see it now. GM and wife sitting on the couch opening gifts. "Wow honey look, another SPL meter. That's a total of 6 now".

We have 4 systems now. The RX-V2500 for the living room, the HTR-5740 in the bedroom, a crapy HTIB systems from Ratshack in the computer room, and an old Pioneer 2 chanel driving my 4 home made speakers in the basement. Oh, and an all in one, receiver, casset, turntable & 8-track recorder/player from Panisonic in the garrage. I guess that's 5.

What? No one is bringing a BFD?

The neighbours will be invited. They seem very nice. Both claim to be film makers from overseas. Not sure what kind of movies. But their house was filled with these big rolls of film in canisters.

L.J.
07-14-2006, 07:43 AM
Wow, we are some lucky fellas to have such understanding wives. In my old place I had a 7.1 in the main room, a 5.1 in the bedroom and a 5.1 in the garage. This place is a little smaller but OK. I have my main system, bedroom system, 2 vegas in the dining area powered by my Denon and some old Sony's in the garage. I have a HTIB sitting in a box in the garage and a bunch of speakers in my bedroom closet(don't ask).

ForeverAutumn
07-14-2006, 03:22 PM

PARTY!!!

Screw the party...I'm moving in! I'll even bring my Rush DVDs with me.

YEAH BABY! :thumbsup:

GMichael
07-15-2006, 05:41 AM
Screw the party...I'm moving in! I'll even bring my Rush DVDs with me.

YEAH BABY! :thumbsup:

Sure, but you'll have sleep in the room with the Ratshack HTIB for now. Audio upgrades won't be till next year.
I did break down and get the Rio DVD. Did you get the new one yet? I haven't. But I did pick up the new PF DVD yesterday. Still in the plastic.

Gotta run for now. Going to take more pics of the house. We have shutters and a garage door now. And walls inside! Maybe even a little paint!

GMichael
07-15-2006, 05:00 PM
No paint yet. But most of the spackling is done.

PAT.P
07-15-2006, 07:50 PM
No paint yet. But most of the spackling is done.Looking good ,where the Bar with neon light going to be?:ihih:

GMichael
07-16-2006, 07:07 AM
Looking good ,where the Bar with neon light going to be?:ihih:

In the basement with the pool table.:6:

JohnMichael
07-16-2006, 08:37 AM
In the basement with the pool table.:6:

I am glad the bar will be in the basement. All the AR members, myself included, will have a better chance stumbling out the garage door then tumbling down the steps. :cornut:

PAT.P
07-16-2006, 09:35 AM
I am glad the bar will be in the basement. All the AR members, myself included, will have a better chance stumbling out the garage door then tumbling down the steps. :cornut:Please leave keys at the door before you all start drinking.The last thing that GMicheal needs is one of you guys making a grand entrance when leaving into the house.:ihih:

JohnMichael
07-16-2006, 12:02 PM
Please leave keys at the door before you all start drinking.The last thing that GMicheal needs is one of you guys making a grand entrance when leaving into the house.:ihih:

Honey, I'm home!

GMichael
07-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Honey, I'm home!

I think I heard something in the basement. Go down and see what it is.

PAT.P
07-16-2006, 04:27 PM
I think I heard something in the basement. Go down and see what it is.GMicheal nothing to worry about,it's only one of the boys:ihih:

GMichael
07-17-2006, 04:52 AM
GMicheal nothing to worry about,it's only one of the boys:ihih:

OH BABY! Now that's hot! She's the kind of girl that could rip your.... off.

L.J.
07-17-2006, 05:06 AM
OH BABY! Now that's hot! She's the kind of girl that could rip your.... off.

I think I'm gonna be sick :yikes:

PAT.P
07-17-2006, 06:01 AM
I think I'm gonna be sick :yikes:What? To much woman for you:ihih:

ForeverAutumn
07-17-2006, 10:16 AM
GMicheal nothing to worry about,it's only one of the boys:ihih:

Hey Pat, where'd you find that picture of me???

:lol:

Seriously, male or female, that much muscle is just plain ugly.

GMichael
07-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Hey Pat, where'd you find that picture of me???

:lol:

Seriously, male or female, that much muscle is just plain ugly.

You told me that you would never pose in a G-string! What's up with this photo then?:incazzato:

She's just pumped up for the contest. Once she relaxes she'll look a lot better. Still big, but better. Maybe even a little like a woman.

Florian
07-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Oh man, i have been so busy buying speakers that i didnt even see this thread. Gratulations on the house buddy! Make sure you have a big enough room for a Megaline or big ass Apogee ;-)

GMichael
07-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Is this room big enough?

GMichael
07-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Here's another view.

Florian
07-19-2006, 10:22 AM
Ok for Duetta and DIVA. Could be bigger for the DIVA and the Grand would like 2 or 3 times the size. I am in deep **** trying to find a place for my Grand. But the DIVA will rock in there, so let me know when your ready. ;-)

Very nice house!

trollgirl
07-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Florian, not to bad-mouth the room in your photo, but does it not have too much glass for good acoustics? What effect does the drop in the ceiling have? Just curious...

Laz

Florian
07-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Florian, not to bad-mouth the room in your photo, but does it not have too much glass for good acoustics? What effect does the drop in the ceiling have? Just curious...

Laz
Hi Laz, the Apogees love reflective and diffusiv surfaces. I think that the room is quite good and with real digital room correction via Lyngdorf Audio or Tact (my plan) it wont matter :-)

Drop ceeilings dont matter to Apogees, and neither does the room really. They load the room equally and there are no parallel walls with the same backing etc....

That is the size room i am looking for ;-)

GMichael
07-27-2006, 05:25 AM
Holey peanut brittle Batman! More delays before we're done!

The local electric company has decided that the utility poll in front of our house needs to be moved 15 feet to the left. If they did this last month, or next month, it wouldn't have affected us. But because they want to do it this month it pushes us back 3 to 4 weeks. Oh, and a call from the gas company this morning. It seems that the paperwork we filled out last April was just handed to them today. Our builder claims that he forgot to give it to them. The gas company says that they needed more of a warning than this, and it will take them 4-6 weeks to get to us. So much for being in by the end of this month.

bobsticks
07-27-2006, 06:04 AM
While every house has its idiosynchratic dramas, the outcome was predictable. Even expected in my experience...
... You want we should lean on someone,boss. We's all got yer back.

Cheers

GMichael
07-27-2006, 06:18 AM
While every house has its idiosynchratic dramas, the outcome was predictable. Even expected in my experience...
... You want we should lean on someone,boss. We's all got yer back.

Cheers

It wasn't totally unexpected. Somehow, it didn't feel like we'd be in this month. My prediction of mid September is looking more and more like the real deal. It's OK though. Gives us more time to stock up on party essentials. And more time for me to save up for HT upgrades.:ihih:

KaiWinters
07-27-2006, 06:49 AM
Utility companies and their workers can be/are just as bad as public entities/workers all too often.
When we built our home we put conduit under ground to route all lines, electric/cable/telly/etc., underground. This not only provides a clean look but no wires have to be attached to the house itself and in the case of weather related outages we eliminate one set of wires potentially going down. Well the "telephone cable guy" shows up to run the cable and telly cables. He immediately starts pulling wire from the pole, in my front yard ugh, across the yard and when I come on the scene he has a ladder against my house getting ready to start drilling holes in the wall. I tell him I have underground conduit ready for him and his people know of this, it should be on the work order. He tells me with a straight face "I don't pull wire through conduit". I tell him there are plenty of people to pull it for him but he repeats it and says he will only put it above ground. He gets surly about, a great big/fat guy while I am a small person, so he walks up to me nearly nose to top of my head lol and says "listen I only put wire above ground I don't care about your conduit." Well I release the leash on my Napolean Complex tell him where he can shove his cable and get the f off my property...lol...he did not expect that but tried to regain control, too late, by saying no one would run the cable watch and see. Before he is off the land I am on the telly with his company talking directly to his boss. After describing the situation I tell him I am going to make a major issue of this person threatening me. He promises me he will take care of everything and the cable will be run where it was approved to be run. The installer roars away and in ten minutes he is back walking over to me with his head down. He says he will install the cable wherever I want it and sorry for the problem. Since I had "hand" now I let him off the hook by saying I just want the cable installed but I made sure no one helped him. He had to pull the cables through the conduit alone and I stood over him the entire time making sure there was not a kink or nick on the lines...lol.

Utility companies see us as just another job number, not people hoping to get what they need done in a reasonable time.

GMichael
08-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Some progress has been made.

JohnMichael
08-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Looking good Michael, looking good.:3:

GMichael
08-07-2006, 12:25 PM
Thanks,

How do you like the pink walls in the kitchen? We picked out a champaign color, but they turned out pink. We didn't like it when we first saw the walls. But now it looks like it goes well with the teaberry cabinets.

bobsticks
08-07-2006, 12:37 PM
I, for one, was gonna let the pink walls go without comment. I figured it was the price you pay for having nine receivers, four projectors, eighteen speakers, two competition-sized billiards tables, and three keg-o-rators in your manpalace. Assumed it was a concession to wifey.
Glad to hear the delicate color is to your liking:ciappa:

Just messin' with ya,
M

GMichael
08-07-2006, 12:46 PM
I, for one, was gonna let the pink walls go without comment. I figured it was the price you pay for having nine receivers, four projectors, eighteen speakers, two competition-sized billiards tables, and three keg-o-rators in your manpalace. Assumed it was a concession to wifey.
Glad to hear the delicate color is to your liking:ciappa:

Just messin' with ya,
M

See the wall to the far left? That's the begining of my HT room. I picked that color. Wifey picked the "pink" to sort of match it but still be brighter for the kitchen. I didn't post pics of the HT room because they are so dark that they look like the walls are black.

KaiWinters
08-07-2006, 03:06 PM
I like the color. It does match the cabinetry well.
Is the color in the picture an accurate match for the actual color?
What floor material will you be using for the kitchen floor?
What material are you going to use for the counter tops?
Kitchen area looks great.

PAT.P
08-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks,

How do you like the pink walls in the kitchen? We picked out a champaign color, but they turned out pink. We didn't like it when we first saw the walls. But now it looks like it goes well with the teaberry cabinets.PINK ! Are you sure not Dusty Rose,never step foot in a pink kitchen.Pink bathroom "Yes" ,Pink living room "Yes" but a pink kitchen?Im scare of asking ,what color is your counter top?:ihih:

L.J.
08-07-2006, 08:00 PM
This brings back memories......When I moved into my house about a year and a half ago, we picked out a color called "Desert Sand" to paint a good portion of the house with. Well everything looked good until I woke up the next morning and got a nice view of that morning light down the hall. That Desert Sand in the right light looked pink as hell. Durning the evening time, it looked more like the tan color we were orginally looking for. To make a long story short, I repainted everything because I just could'nt live with it. This time around, I picked out a few different shades and painted small sections on the wall and viewed them at different times of the day until I found the perfect color.

Doesn't look bad GM! I agree with Bobsticks. With the set up your gettin', let wifee pick out whatever colors she wants. Except for rainbow :15:

GMichael
08-08-2006, 05:48 AM
I like the color. It does match the cabinetry well.
Is the color in the picture an accurate match for the actual color?
What floor material will you be using for the kitchen floor?
What material are you going to use for the counter tops?
Kitchen area looks great.

I like it now too. It's a relief. At first I thought, "Oh G.d, it looks like a bedroom." But it does match the cabinets well IMO.
The color in that pic does match what is really there.
We are going with a vinyl that looks like a light hard wood floor. That's in already and looks great. That will be in the kitchen, dining room and a small portion in the back of the living room.
The counter tops will be quartz. A dark blue, slightly marble looking color.
TANX:thumbsup:

GMichael
08-08-2006, 05:53 AM
PINK ! Are you sure not Dusty Rose,never step foot in a pink kitchen.Pink bathroom "Yes" ,Pink living room "Yes" but a pink kitchen?Im scare of asking ,what color is your counter top?:ihih:

Blue, like the color of my eyes. Thanks for asking. :ihih:

GMichael
08-08-2006, 06:00 AM
This brings back memories......When I moved into my house about a year and a half ago, we picked out a color called "Desert Sand" to paint a good portion of the house with. Well everything looked good until I woke up the next morning and got a nice view of that morning light down the hall. That Desert Sand in the right light looked pink as hell. Durning the evening time, it looked more like the tan color we were orginally looking for. To make a long story short, I repainted everything because I just could'nt live with it. This time around, I picked out a few different shades and painted small sections on the wall and viewed them at different times of the day until I found the perfect color.

Doesn't look bad GM! I agree with Bobsticks. With the set up your gettin', let wifee pick out whatever colors she wants. Except for rainbow :15:

I should have done that too. But what we have isn't turning out half bad. Wish I could post a pic of the HT/living room, but they all came out too dark. Here is a glimps of our HT/master bedroom colors. The doors are much lighter than this pic shows, but the blue is correct.

GMichael
08-08-2006, 06:03 AM
Here is a better look at the doors throughout the house. But the blue is washed out in this pic.

JohnMichael
08-08-2006, 07:28 AM
Nice choice in colors. I would love to have some color in the apartment. I can paint any color I want as long as one coat of white paint will cover it. So I love your colors and I am quite fine with pink.

PAT.P
08-08-2006, 08:10 AM
Here is a better look at the doors throughout the house. But the blue is washed out in this pic.GMichael I love your doors.Later on I need to change the doors here(45 years old) very plain:incazzato: Not enought hours in a day ,and been spending my time on drummers forum.:ihih:

GMichael
08-08-2006, 09:34 AM
GMichael I love your doors.Later on I need to change the doors here(45 years old) very plain:incazzato: Not enought hours in a day ,and been spending my time on drummers forum.:ihih:

These are the basic doors that they put in almost all their houses. No upgades here. But they are solid pine I believe. Very light stain.

ForeverAutumn
08-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Thanks,

How do you like the pink walls in the kitchen? We picked out a champaign color, but they turned out pink. We didn't like it when we first saw the walls. But now it looks like it goes well with the teaberry cabinets.

I'm not a fan of pink or anything pink related. But the first thing that I thought when I saw that picture was how jealous I was over your fridge. Oh...the second thing that I thought was how nicely the wall colour set off the colour of the cabinets.

KaiWinters
08-09-2006, 01:43 AM
I have the same doors and they are solid pine.

PAT.P
08-09-2006, 04:43 AM
GM I've notice they already have the baseboard on ,dont they usualy put them last?What kind of floor is it going to be,wood or carpet?

GMichael
08-09-2006, 05:15 AM
Nice choice in colors. I would love to have some color in the apartment. I can paint any color I want as long as one coat of white paint will cover it. So I love your colors and I am quite fine with pink.

One coat of white won't cover much. Maybe a light pink would be OK.

GMichael
08-09-2006, 05:19 AM
I'm not a fan of pink or anything pink related. But the first thing that I thought when I saw that picture was how jealous I was over your fridge. Oh...the second thing that I thought was how nicely the wall colour set off the colour of the cabinets.

Thanks. We have a matching stove, microwave and dishwasher. They should be in by this weekend.
I am a very big fan of pink myself. But it wouldn't have been my first choice for a kitchen normally. It's growing on me now.

GMichael
08-09-2006, 05:20 AM
I have the same doors and they are solid pine.

How do you like them? I only spent a few minutes with mine so far.

GMichael
08-09-2006, 05:25 AM
GM I've notice they already have the baseboard on ,dont they usualy put them last?What kind of floor is it going to be,wood or carpet?

The flooring (vinyl, fake hardwood) is already in for the kitchen, dining and part of the living room. The bathrooms have vinyl that looks like tile. Here's that pic.
Carpet everywhere else. That's not in yet, but those baseboards are not in yet either.

PAT.P
08-09-2006, 05:40 AM
The flooring (vinyl, fake hardwood) is already in for the kitchen, dining and part of the living room. The bathrooms have vinyl that looks like tile. Here's that pic.Ok my house is mostly hardwood,in kitchen and bathroom is vinyl,now she wants ceramic in kitchen:incazzato: As soon as she see her friends renovate ,she want to do the same(hard to satisfy them):ihih:

GMichael
08-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Here are some more pics of the "never ending project." Everything is covered in dust so the colors are a little off. The living room colors look very close though. The countertops are actually blue.

GMichael
08-21-2006, 01:08 PM
5 pics is the limmit? What the heck?

GMichael
08-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Electricity is in the air. The poll is going up on Monday and we should have electrons zipping around our house by Labor Day.

JohnMichael
08-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Electricity is in the air. The poll is going up on Monday and we should have electrons zipping around our house by Labor Day.

Did you select an audiophile grade cable to bring the ac into the house?

GMichael
08-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Did you select an audiophile grade cable to bring the ac into the house?

Nope, just looked at what he used in other houses. Then made him put it in my contract. Pops (a former engineer for a power plant) said it was top notch. That was good enough for me.
What rude gesture?

PAT.P
08-26-2006, 09:56 AM
Electricity is in the air. The poll is going up on Monday and we should have electrons zipping around our house by Labor Day.Your getting there! Lots of work left to do before your in?:16:

ForeverAutumn
08-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Here are some more pics of the "never ending project." Everything is covered in dust so the colors are a little off. The living room colors look very close though. The countertops are actually blue.

Well, colour me green with envy. That kitchen is gorgeous!

GMichael
08-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Well, colour me green with envy. That kitchen is gorgeous!

Thanks. We spent about 2 hours there today making plans. "This will go there. That will go here."
Can't wait. :eek6:

GMichael
09-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Carpet, CARPET! The builder called and said that I have carpet now. I should have new pics by tomorrow evening.

They did crack the counter tops though. That's why only half of them are in.

GMichael
09-02-2006, 01:49 PM
the pics didn't come out well today. The blue carpet looks purple. The purple wall looks black. The new counters look like darkness. I'll tray again tomorrow or Monday. But the house looks done except for the electricity. Still not done. :nonod:
They better hurry up. Here is what my current basement looks like.

GMichael
09-02-2006, 01:51 PM
And.........

bobsticks
09-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Hey G,

Great to see that progress continues, especially considering the amount of time and effort invested. I get the idea that unlike many, you are building this one for the long haul and not some short-term investment...it will be a fantastic place to hang yer hat (and those projectors!).

Cheers

GMichael
09-14-2006, 07:41 AM
The poll is going up right now!
Gotta call from the builder a minute ago. He went by the house and saw them putting in the poll. Electric by the end of the day!

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaahaaaaaa............:15: :4: :16: :5:

Dusty Chalk
09-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Lightning pole?

GMichael
09-14-2006, 01:29 PM
Lightning pole?

Utility

We may already have excited electrons zipping around our house.
We're gonna stop by tonight to make sure they have tiny little condoms available.
Of coarse, I'll be rolling the windows down and cranking the sub as we pull up.

JohnMichael
09-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Are you hiring professional movers or will we be surprised with invitations to bring pickup trucks and strong backs?

GMichael
09-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Are you hiring professional movers or will we be surprised with invitations to bring pickup trucks and strong backs?

To hire movers would be in the $1500 range. A 26 foot U-Haul for 3 days will come to about $300. Ohio isn't far from PA right? :ihih:

dean_martin
09-14-2006, 02:34 PM
don't forget the bear rug in the entertainment room...nudge, nudge.

GMichael
09-15-2006, 05:13 AM
don't forget the bear rug in the entertainment room...nudge, nudge.

I was told to leave the bears alone. :rolleyes:
It's a good thing that they told me too. I was going to slap them around next time. Maybe flick one on the nose. :idea:

JohnMichael
09-15-2006, 08:00 AM
To hire movers would be in the $1500 range. A 26 foot U-Haul for 3 days will come to about $300. Ohio isn't far from PA right? :ihih:

The next state to your left. Gas at $2.04 a gallon I could get there cheaply. Just do not give me alcohol until the work is done. I do not drink while I am working and I do not work while I am drinking.

GMichael
09-15-2006, 08:25 AM
The next state to your left. Gas at $2.04 a gallon I could get there cheaply. Just do not give me alcohol until the work is done. I do not drink while I am working and I do not work while I am drinking.

I paid 2.49 last night in PA.

No drinks for you. At least not till we're done.

GMichael
09-19-2006, 11:50 AM
The electric is finally on! :thumbsup: The C.O. should come in by next week. With any luck we could start moving in by the end of this month.
The main system has been boxed up for months. It goes in first.

L.J.
09-19-2006, 01:56 PM
The electric is finally on! :thumbsup: The C.O. should come in by next week. With any luck we could start moving in by the end of this month.
The main system has been boxed up for months. It goes in first.

If your anything like me, you will set things up in this order

1. Speakers
2. Grill
3. Bed

Everthing else comes after those three are good to go.

GMichael
09-27-2006, 05:20 AM
If your anything like me, you will set things up in this order

1. Speakers
2. Grill
3. Bed

Everthing else comes after those three are good to go.

I like your priorities. We think alike. But where does the pool table fit in?

Here is the latest scoop. The building inspector came by on Monday. It seems that there were a few things that he didn't like about the house, so it didn't pass.

1) The drier exhaust hose was taped on with duck tape. This is a no no?
2) The dirt around the house comes too close to one of the basement windows. We took a rake and moved this dirty dirt.
3) There was too big of a step going from our deck steps to the ground. We moved the dirty dirt to fill this in.

So now we should pass inspection (in theory). All we need is for the inspector to come back.

bobsticks
09-27-2006, 07:00 AM
So now we should pass inspection (in theory). All we need is for the inspector to come back.

So the housewarming party has been put off for a few months, eh? Around here you'd have to grease the guy just to get him back sometime this year. Good luck, my man.

GMichael
09-27-2006, 07:25 AM
So the housewarming party has been put off for a few months, eh? Around here you'd have to grease the guy just to get him back sometime this year. Good luck, my man.

I have heard that. Lucky for me that this guy is our Builder's son-in-law. He came back today. We have the go-ahead to start moving now!

PARTY!
PARTY!
PARTY!
PARTY!
PARTY!
PARTY!

KaiWinters
09-28-2006, 05:30 AM
Congrats and good luck.

ForeverAutumn
09-28-2006, 07:53 AM
Congratulations!

L.J.
11-03-2006, 10:26 AM
I like your priorities. We think alike. But where does the pool table fit in?

Here is the latest scoop. The building inspector came by on Monday. It seems that there were a few things that he didn't like about the house, so it didn't pass.

1) The drier exhaust hose was taped on with duck tape. This is a no no?
2) The dirt around the house comes too close to one of the basement windows. We took a rake and moved this dirty dirt.
3) There was too big of a step going from our deck steps to the ground. We moved the dirty dirt to fill this in.

Hey GM, how's the place coming along? You got your main system up and running yet? Let's see some pics of that projector!!!!

GMichael
11-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey GM, how's the place coming along? You got your main system up and running yet? Let's see some pics of that projector!!!!

OK, I'll take some pics this weekend.
Both the main and bedroom systems are up completely. Just some accustic pannels left to add. I love the projectors. The 92" in the bedroom is even more impresive than the 106" in the living room. The viewing distance is only 13' instead of 20'. Both systems sound very good, but the sub in the main room (28' by 25' & 9' tall) is maxed out. Looking to upgrade to the 15" Titanic MKIII. The PS-12 would move to the bedroom.
Still lots to do around the house though. The list for this weekend includes putting the pool table together and planting tulip bulbs on the hill. I'm sure wifey will have many more to add to my list (which is about 12 pages long). Sunday = HD football on the 106 incher! You can see every blade of grass as well as any tiny piece of paper that may have falled between them. Life is good. But busy.

GMichael
11-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Wow! Thanks LJ. Because of your post I checked my cart on PE. It looks like the MKIII's are on special at $100 off. After sitting in my cart for almost a year, I finally pulled the trigger.
Must be a new model coming out soon.

L.J.
11-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Yeah I'd love to see some pics! I plan on getting a projector myself in a couple of years. That 15 Titanic may get a look at also. Give us your thoughts on the sub if you go that route. Glad to hear that things are going good.

GMichael
11-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Yeah I'd love to see some pics! I plan on getting a projector myself in a couple of years. That 15 Titanic may get a look at also. Give us your thoughts on the sub if you go that route. Glad to hear that things are going good.

Just ordered the sub a few minutes ago. Should be in in time for next weekend.
Projectors are coming down fast. The replacement for mine just came out and it's already less than mine was new. DLP's are down to $1k. 1080p's are down to $4-5k. Next year they should be even better and cost even less. It's a great time to be into HT.

L.J.
11-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Just ordered the sub a few minutes ago. Should be in in time for next weekend.

What!!!! You lucky SOB, I thought you were talkin' down the road. Now I'm jealous. :incazzato:

I'll be expecting a full report on this baby once you get it up and running.

Projectors are coming down fast. The replacement for mine just came out and it's already less than mine was new. DLP's are down to $1k. 1080p's are down to $4-5k. Next year they should be even better and cost even less. It's a great time to be into HT.

Exactly. I'm in no hurry either. Figure I'll hang with my current system awhile longer, giving HD a chance to open up a bit more. I will be getting a PS3 though. Besides that I'm content with both my systems.

GMichael
11-03-2006, 01:51 PM
What!!!! You lucky SOB, I thought you were talkin' down the road. Now I'm jealous. :incazzato:

I'll be expecting a full report on this baby once you get it up and running.

I couldn't pass on the current special.
List Price: $1,299.99 EA
Price: $688.30 EA
Special Price: $578.00 EA
Edit: forgot to mention, free ground freight, no tax.!!

A report will follow. (where's your review of the 10"? I was looking for it in the review section)

Exactly. I'm in no hurry either. Figure I'll hang with my current system awhile longer, giving HD a chance to open up a bit more. I will be getting a PS3 though. Besides that I'm content with both my systems.

Yeah, now you're talkin'! Some of these new HD games are looking good to me. One of these racing games might be a lot of fun. Just don't crash. It may put a hole in the wall.

L.J.
11-03-2006, 03:03 PM
I couldn't pass on the current special.
List Price: $1,299.99 EA
Price: $688.30 EA
Special Price: $578.00 EA
Edit: forgot to mention, free ground freight, no tax.!!

A report will follow. (where's your review of the 10"? I was looking for it in the review section)

Yeah, now you're talkin'! Some of these new HD games are looking good to me. One of these racing games might be a lot of fun. Just don't crash. It may put a hole in the wall.

$578.........hmmm........that's one good deal. It was pushing close to $800 when I got my 10" awhile ago. I'm very tempted to pull the trigger right now. The 10" for $288 is a heck of a deal also.

I never even thought to do a review for the review section. :crazy:

jrhymeammo
11-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Congrats on your house. I hope your pup wont chew your roof off.

I think I'm in a similar situation for subs.
I'm thinking about ditching my Paradigm PW2200 to a friend for $100.
I'm trying to decide between two 10"mk3 or two DSUBK-15. I'm not interested in HT though...
-JRA

GMichael
12-13-2006, 06:37 AM

Wifey found her new camera and opened it up. The good news is that I have some pics of the main system now. Also a few from around the house.

Hows that sub working out for ya?

ForeverAutumn
12-13-2006, 06:48 AM
Wifey found her new camera and opened it up. ?

I guess you're still looking for the good hiding spots in the new house, eh? :lol:

GMichael
12-13-2006, 06:54 AM
I guess you're still looking for the good hiding spots in the new house, eh? :lol:

It was tough to hide as the UPS guy asked her to "sign here please." :incazzato:

basite
12-13-2006, 07:59 AM
yeah, congrats Michael, those ups guys always spoil the fun.

I like you cinema room, you seem to have a good wife, allowing you to hang all those speakers, and that huge projection screen, my mom goes nuts when dad is buying audio gear...

if i lived next to you, i'd be at your place watching movies all day long, but belgium is so far away...:(

Congrats,
Basite.

GMichael
12-13-2006, 08:20 AM
I like you cinema room, you seem to have a good wife, allowing you to hang all those speakers, and that huge projection screen, my mom goes nuts when dad is buying audio gear...

if i lived next to you, i'd be at your place watching movies all day long, but belgium is so far away...:(

Congrats,
Basite.

Thanks, yeah she is sweet. But she likes it too. She also knows how much it means to me.
You're welcome to come on over. HD- football looks better than that pic shows. I couldn't use a flash because it washes out the picture. So, no flash, in a dark room, means the shutter stays open longer and the sensitivity goes up. Anything that moves is blurry.

I'll try to get some pics of the second system this weekend. It looks even bigger but only because we sit closer.

basite
12-13-2006, 08:37 AM
You're welcome to come on over.

if my calculations are correct (and google earth pointed the right location) i'm about 3670 miles away from you...

at a speed of let's say 750km/h (airplane + ground movement) it would take me about 7 hours and 3 quarters to get to your place, when the plane drops me off at your place, count some extra hours for the airport.
hmmm, it would be a nice experience coming to the usa i think, but i'll pass for now...

Greetings,
Basite.

GMichael
12-13-2006, 08:42 AM
if my calculations are correct (and google earth pointed the right location) i'm about 3670 miles away from you...

at a speed of let's say 750km/h (airplane + ground movement) it would take me about 7 hours and 3 quarters to get to your place, when the plane drops me off at your place, count some extra hours for the airport.
hmmm, it would be a nice experience coming to the usa i think, but i'll pass for now...

Greetings,
Basite.

Worried about making it back for lunch?

L.J.
12-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Wifey found her new camera and opened it up. The good news is that I have some pics of the main system now. Also a few from around the house.

Hows that sub working out for ya?

Man that screen is huge. You lucky @$%&(*!!!!!

What color is that on the walls?

How could you bring up the sub? :mad: You forgot it's in storage :frown5:

GMichael
12-13-2006, 09:21 AM
Man that screen is huge. You lucky @$%&(*!!!!!

Thanks, wifey says the same thing, almost.

What color is that on the walls?

It's kind of a maroon with a little purple. When I saw it at the paint store I knew I wanted it.

How could you bring up the sub? :mad: You forgot it's in storage :frown5:

Oh man! I am so sorry. Yes, I do recall now. My bad. My very very bad.
The only good thing about having a bad memory is that I get to meet new people every day.:blush2:

Dusty Chalk
12-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Nice! I like your choice of rich colours.

GMichael
12-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Nice! I like your choice of rich colours.

Thanks,

Everyone kept telling me to go with natural colors. That way I'd be able to change them later and everything would still match. Nope. I knew what I wanted and went with it. You should have seen the look on the builder's face when I handed him the samples from the paint store. He called them "funky."

basite
12-13-2006, 12:36 PM
Worried about making it back for lunch?

not really, i assume you or your wife can cook,
but the exams do bother me more, and it wouldn't be smart inviting me to somewhere interesting, you'd probably have problems getting me out of there, and i'll probably ask so many questions that you'd get depressed... :cornut:

GMichael
12-13-2006, 01:27 PM
not really, i assume you or your wife can cook,
but the exams do bother me more, and it wouldn't be smart inviting me to somewhere interesting, you'd probably have problems getting me out of there, and i'll probably ask so many questions that you'd get depressed... :cornut:

We both cook a little. She makes all kinds of Asian dishes. I do Italian, breakfast and basic American stuff.
Ask all the questions you like. If I get tired of it, I'll just pump up the volume on the stereo. It's really no problem.

What exams? Are you taking classes? Come after you're done.
Oh, no bed in the guest room yet. How do you like our sectional?

KaiWinters
12-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Very nice looking home. I love the colors. The sectional is quite "vivid" wow !!!

Nice to have it done in time for the holidays too I suspect. We moved into our new home in mid-November and had roughly two weeks of relaxing time to get ready for
Christmas.

L.J.
12-13-2006, 02:39 PM
GM, your surrounds are a little high aren't they :hand:

GMichael
12-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Very nice looking home. I love the colors. The sectional is quite "vivid" wow !!!

Thanks, we like it a lot! Very soft.

Nice to have it done in time for the holidays too I suspect. We moved into our new home in mid-November and had roughly two weeks of relaxing time to get ready for
Christmas.

Yeouch! That must have been rough. It took us a few weeks just to get upstairs straight. We're still working on the basement. But we are ready for Christmas.

GMichael
12-13-2006, 02:48 PM
GM, your surrounds are a little high aren't they :hand:

Yes they are. :prrr: Sacrifices needed to be made. They do sound great anyhow.:biggrin5:

ForeverAutumn
12-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Thanks, we like it a lot! Very soft.

Yeouch! That must have been rough. It took us a few weeks just to get upstairs straight. We're still working on the basement. But we are ready for Christmas.

Is that you slouching on the couch?

GMichael
12-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Is that you slouching on the couch?

No. That's my evil twin George. :yikes:

JoeE SP9
12-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Enough of your evil twin! How about a shot of the business end?:cool:

jrhymeammo
12-13-2006, 10:33 PM
No Hawiian shirt? and I thought you were an audiophile...

Congrats again, I hope to own a house one day.

JRA

Bernd
12-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Looking good GM.
I am glad all worked out ok.
Here is to many happy years for you and yours.

Peace

GMichael
12-14-2006, 06:20 AM
Enough of your evil twin! How about a shot of the business end?:cool:

My wife would kill me if she knew I was posting this one. Not at her best. Notice the, "I'm gonna shove that camera up your ..." look on her face.

Dusty Chalk
12-14-2006, 08:21 AM
Oh, she's cute in that one, I wouldn't worry about it.

Oh and: every time I read the name of this thread, I keep thinking of Mohamed and the mountain.

GMichael
12-14-2006, 08:57 AM
JRA - Thanks, it's worth all the crap we went through to get it. You'll get one when the time is right.

Bernd - Thanks, we're loving it now. Just a few more bugs to work out. (not the icky kind of bugs that FA runs from. these are the typical SNAFUs that come up)

Dusty - At 4 foot 7 inches & 90 pounds, she has no choice but to look cute. Yeah, we were just standing there in the woods when we noticed this house sneeking up on us. We didn't want to chase it off so we pretended not to see it. It got closer and closer till we grabbed it and cemented it to the ground. Now it's ours. Or, the bank's. They let us use it though, as long as we pay them every month.

PAT.P
12-17-2006, 06:54 PM

Hows that sub working out for ya?Very nice GMichael ! This bed would fit right in:ihih: