crackling noise [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : crackling noise

hitender_s
07-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Hello people, I am new to this Forum so immediate help would be highly appreciated. I have a bit of a problem with my Creative 2.1 speakers, when I put the 'wave' option in my sound panel to full, then the music I listen to starts crackling every 10-15 seconds, but when I put the 'wave' to 50% then the crackling noise goes away. Any idea why this happens and is this supposed to happen? I have a feeling its not normal, however, when I plug my computer with my built in monitor speakers, then I have the same problem, even if I keep the 'wave' leverl at 75% then I can still make out crackling in my creative speakers. Please help out on this one

THanks in advance

basite
07-02-2006, 01:17 AM
hi, first of all, a few questions: which creative speakers do you have cuz they have loads of 2.1 systems, second, are you sure it are your speakers making the crackling noise or is it your pc/soundcard doing something strange, if you can, try some old/other speakers and see if they crackle, if they do the same crackle, it's your pc and you might have a problem where i don't know a solution to, if they don't crackle you should ask your retailer about this problem, he might know more.
also, there is a "computer audio" section in this forum, you might have more luck there.
if you don't get any more helpfull answers, you can go to the creative forums ( http://www.creative.com/support/ ) and click discussion forums there.

but nevertheless, i hope this helped you a bit, if you know more information (name of speakers, computer or speakers causing the crackling) let us know

basite,

hitender_s
07-02-2006, 02:57 AM
hi, first of all, a few questions: which creative speakers do you have cuz they have loads of 2.1 systems, second, are you sure it are your speakers making the crackling noise or is it your pc/soundcard doing something strange, if you can, try some old/other speakers and see if they crackle, if they do the same crackle, it's your pc and you might have a problem where i don't know a solution to, if they don't crackle you should ask your retailer about this problem, he might know more.
also, there is a "computer audio" section in this forum, you might have more luck there.
if you don't get any more helpfull answers, you can go to the creative forums ( http://www.creative.com/support/ ) and click discussion forums there.

but nevertheless, i hope this helped you a bit, if you know more information (name of speakers, computer or speakers causing the crackling) let us know

basite,

hey, thanks for ur help, i got creative 2.1 2400 speakers, connected to an in-built pentium processor sound card...and i connected my monitor speakers to my computer and they make the same noise wen the wave level is too high..asked another frend hu has creative inspire speakers if has the same problem...and he also experiences crackling wen wave level is high.

basite
07-02-2006, 03:08 AM
it's definatly your pc then, was there a time when you don't had the crackling noise?? if that is, it's or a driver problem (if you started to have the cracks after you installed new drivers, it surely is a driver problem) but I think it will more be a hardware fault, i don't have a solution for that now (if i search a lil' bit maybe), the best thing you can do at the moment is to contact the computer shop where you bought your pc, explain your problem and ask if they have a solution there.

hitender_s
07-02-2006, 03:48 AM
another friend of mine has the same speakers..and he does not have any problems when he puts his 'wave' level on full...and another thing..ive always had this problem, from the time i got my speakers..whenever wave level wud b high..the speakers wud make sum crackling noise, but now i feel it has increased a little