Hockey-Football...........soccer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hockey-Football...........soccer

cam
06-30-2006, 07:31 PM
How many players over the years have you seen stretchered off the ice or field in a hockey or football game. Maybe a couple, and considering these are full contact games, that's pretty good. Now world cup soccer comes around and the amount of physical comedy that I have seen over the last while would make John Ritter (RIP), Carol Burnett, and Chris Farley (RIP) look like first rate CHUMPS. These soccer players dive all over the place, need a stretcher to get them off the field, and then a few minutes later they are back out there. If a Hockey player or Football player needs a stretcher, guess what, they are no doubt out of the game and probabley out for multiple games if not the season. Anyways, that's my rant.............go Germany.

Fergymunster
07-01-2006, 11:56 AM
How many people over the years have you seen players stretchered off the ice or field in a hockey or football game. Maybe a couple, and considering these are full contact games, that's pretty good. Now world cup soccer comes around and the amount of physical comedy that I have seen over the last while would make John Ritter (RIP), Carol Burnett, and Chris Farley (RIP) look like first rate CHUMPS. These soccer players dive all over the place, need a stretcher to get them off the field, and then a few minutes later they are back out there. If a Hockey player or Football player needs a stretcher, guess what, they are no doubt out of the game and probabley out for multiple games if not the season. Anyways, that's my rant.............go Germany.
I totally agree.What's more intertesting is the strerchers for soccer are simulor to those of WW1 and WW 2.