I went back [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I went back

SpankingVanillaice
06-28-2006, 12:13 PM
I have decided and returned back the Tascam VL-S21 and got back the other pair of monitors I had before. The reason why is that for the price I think that the Ediro MA-7A monitors were actualy more flatter than the Tascam's. I think the reason why that the Tascam's are not as flat as Edirol's is because Tascam's use a sub to make the bass and usualy subs put out alot more bass than normal pair of monitors.

JoeE SP9
06-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Where have you been?. Your sometimes very strange posts were missed.:smilewinkgrin:

GMichael
06-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Welcome back. Where have you been hiding?

Glad you have made up your mind on what speakers you like best. Are you going to sell the others? Extra cash means extra CD's?

JohnMichael
06-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Good to see a new post. I like the picture. Who is that in the background?

Florian
06-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Oh........
My........
God........

SpankingVanillaice
06-28-2006, 04:22 PM
Good to see a new post. I like the picture. Who is that in the background?Its a pic of Adam and I. I am the asian guy and Adam is on the left and he is my bf that I have been dating for 2 years.

SlumpBuster
06-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Oh........
My........
God........

ROFLMAO!! :cornut:

jrhymeammo
06-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Hey SVI, are you really gay? If so, I thought you were bigger than that Flo. Florian is no racist, but may be a homophobe.
At least he know what he likes and not afraid to share, much like SVI and Flo's audio preference.

GMichael
06-29-2006, 05:04 AM
Glad that you guys finally got together. Did you work something out so you can see eachother more often?
Who took the pic?

Florian
06-29-2006, 05:07 AM
Hey SVI, are you really gay? If so, I thought you were bigger than that Flo. Florian is no racist, but may be a homophobe.
At least he know what he likes and not afraid to share, much like SVI and Flo's audio preference.

I wonder how long it takes a Moderator to see this?

noddin0ff
06-29-2006, 05:54 AM

I think you may have taken Flo's comments way out of context...

jrhymeammo
06-29-2006, 09:52 AM
I think you may have taken Flo's comments way out of context...

Yes, I often do. Flo's intention could've been trying to be cute. But a minor humor such as:
Oh........
My........
God........

followed by "ROFLMAO!!" could and will likely offend our fellow member. SpankinVanillaice is only 21. Very close to our age Flo. I'm sure he get more harrasement than anybody would ever want for the sexual preference. Look back 2 years Flo, 5+ for me, and try to remember how crazy things were. We were and are still trying to establish what goes on in our dome.
My English skill isnt very good so I hope my comment here does not sound harsh and hatefu;. That is not what I'm try to demostrate to Flo.
I just thought Flo could've been a bit more sensitive, that's all.

Flo wrote: I wonder how long it takes a Moderator to see this?

If they do see it, I hope they do understand my POV.
Again, my words here and previous post are not animosity toward Flo by any means.

I just wanted to make sure SVI would enjoy his time here as much as we do.

Hey SVI. I'm sorry to make this such a big deal. I hope you are not embrassed cuz you shouldn't be at all. I thought I would comment here to eliminate further crap. THis thread was supposed to be about your speakers. Give us more feedback on your speakers you've reunited.

GMichael
06-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Yes, I often do. Flo's intention could've been trying to be cute. But a minor humor such as:
Oh........
My........
God........

followed by "ROFLMAO!!" could and will likely offend our fellow member. SpankinVanillaice is only 21. Very close to our age Flo. I'm sure he get more harrasement than anybody would ever want for the sexual preference. Look back 2 years Flo, 5+ for me, and try to remember how crazy things were. We were and are still trying to establish what goes on in our dome.
My English skill isnt very good so I hope my comment here does not sound harsh and hatefu;. That is not what I'm try to demostrate to Flo.
I just thought Flo could've been a bit more sensitive, that's all.

Flo wrote: I wonder how long it takes a Moderator to see this?

If they do see it, I hope they do understand my POV.
Again, my words here and previous post are not animosity toward Flo by any means.

I just wanted to make sure SVI would enjoy his time here as much as we do.

Hey SVI. I'm sorry to make this such a big deal. I hope you are not embrassed cuz you shouldn't be at all. I thought I would comment here to eliminate further crap. THis thread was supposed to be about your speakers. Give us more feedback on your speakers you've reunited.

Flo's remark has more to do with the speakers than anything else.

Read this for details. http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=14426

jrhymeammo
06-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Flo's remark has more to do with the speakers than anything else.

Read this for details. http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=14426

Not that particular thread but yers I have read many thread started by SVI. Explaining and giving advice to SVI can be a long journey at times. I've also read many replies (not by just Flo) that are considered to be harrasement.

SlumpBuster
06-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Oh........
My........
God........

followed by "ROFLMAO!!" could and will likely offend our fellow member.

Whoaa! there "Einstein.":rolleyes5: Don't drag me into your reading miscomprehension. Flo's comment came before anyone mentioned any boyfriends or sexy gay action. Accordingly, I inferred, apparently correctly, the his comment had to do with SVI's persistent and bizarre audio misconceptions.

Learn how to read before being so on guard.

GMichael
06-30-2006, 05:00 AM
I've got to admit, this is an equal opportunity augmentative site. We'll fight about anything at any time, for any, or no reason at all. We can take any comment and twist it into meaning something completely different than what it was originally meant as.

Hi Spanky, Welcome back. Tell us more about your speakers any why you like those best. Do you have any upgrade plans?

Florian
07-01-2006, 07:02 AM
Even if i get shot for this.....here goes a quote from Slumpbuster

<table class="tborder" id="post112904" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td id="td_post_112904" class="alt1">F it! I'll say it... I've been all over this here "internets" (to quote W) and this thread is the best thing ever written anywhere at anytime on any subject. It tears at the fabric of my reality. It is literary, yet banal. It is surreal, yet familiar.

I was first reminded of Sartre's "No Exit." But, then I realized it was Beckett's "Waiting for Godot." Last line of the play: "Let's go." "Yes, let's go." (Stage direction: They do not move.)

All I can say is I'm copying this ***** to my clipboard and shopping it to publishers.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Read this new guys..... http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=14426&page=1
<table id="post112904" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_112904">
<!-- / message --> </td>

</tr> <tr> <td class="alt2"> </td> <td class="alt1" align="right"> <!-- controls --> </td></tr></tbody> </table>

audio amateur
07-01-2006, 08:12 AM
Don't worry. You won't get shot. It simply had to be said:p

Feanor
07-01-2006, 12:53 PM
I have decided and returned back the Tascam VL-S21 and got back the other pair of monitors I had before. The reason why is that for the price I think that the Ediro MA-7A monitors were actualy more flatter than the Tascam's. I think the reason why that the Tascam's are not as flat as Edirol's is because Tascam's use a sub to make the bass and usualy subs put out alot more bass than normal pair of monitors.

I think self-powered monitors are a good idea; if I were starting from scratch, I'd give them serious consideration.

Personally I'd like some thing like these Genelec's, unfortunately they're in a whole different price range from my speakers or the Tascams for that matter.

http://www.genelecusa.com/ht/products/ht312a/ht312a.php