Good site - Most useful training I ever received... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Good site - Most useful training I ever received...

kexodusc
06-28-2006, 10:34 AM
http://www.fvza.org/zdefense.html

You'll never know when these skills can come in handy - remember what that Robert Baden-Powell guy use to say..."Be prepared" :ihih:

markw
06-28-2006, 11:29 AM
http://www.fvza.org/zdefense.html

You'll never know when these skills can come in handy - remember what that Robert Baden-Powell guy use to say..."Be prepared" :ihih:One of Brasil's greatest guitartists.

http://www.brazil-on-guitar.de/home.html

JoeE SP9
06-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Living in the inner city stuff like that could come in handy. :ihih:

ForeverAutumn
06-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Is there no limit to the internet's great powers of providing essential information?

GMichael
06-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Lex would have loved this site.

Woochifer
06-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Kex -

You're a lifesaver! This site points out the big-time error in my ways. All these years, I thought that carrying around a spike and some cloves of garlic in my work bag would be protection enough. But, that was for an entirely different race -- I guess it's own ignorance, since they all look the same to me! :cornut:

trollgirl
06-28-2006, 06:33 PM
...but the swipe & strike move is something I remember from my (Korean) karate days. Hit the bottom of the nose with the heel of the hand, and continue the upward punch - done right, it can drive the nasal bones into the brain. My favorite is to deliver a low forward kick to the opponent's knee, turning the joint backward. If done right, ie, with sufficient force (the knee joint is no match for the powerful quadriceps femoris muscle) and not missed, the opponent will go down like a sack of spuds. A finishing touch will be a kick to the face, then gut, then privates, a neck stomp is optional. Do it right, and its ALL OVER...

Laz

L.J.
06-28-2006, 07:13 PM
...but the swipe & strike move is something I remember from my (Korean) karate days. Hit the bottom of the nose with the heel of the hand, and continue the upward punch - done right, it can drive the nasal bones into the brain. My favorite is to deliver a low forward kick to the opponent's knee, turning the joint backward. If done right, ie, with sufficient force (the knee joint is no match for the powerful quadriceps femoris muscle) and not missed, the opponent will go down like a sack of spuds. A finishing touch will be a kick to the face, then gut, then privates, a neck stomp is optional. Do it right, and its ALL OVER...

Laz

:eek:

GMichael
06-29-2006, 05:26 AM
Anyone else take the aptitude test? I got a 48.

kexodusc
06-29-2006, 12:24 PM
I dunno guys - someone went to an aweful lot of trouble, and spent hours compiling that essential data to help mankind survive the true pandemic - forget the avian flu, SARS, AIDS, Cancer, etc...it's the freakin' Zombie virus...here I thought it was squeegie kids on ecstasy at 2 AM in the morning downtown standing in the middle of the intersections tapping on windows, when all along it was blood thirsty zombies.

ForeverAutumn
06-29-2006, 05:28 PM

Laz

Holy crap! ...and you wonder why your posts are thread killers? :yikes:

Actually, I'd like you to be around to walk me to my car after dark. :yesnod:

kexodusc
06-30-2006, 03:22 AM

Actually, I'd like you to be around to walk me to my car after dark. :yesnod:

Yeah, and when you done with FA, come back and get me...:thumbsup:

topspeed
06-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Voted: Best thread of the week! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the method of defense, I've always been partial to the tried and true method of Resident Evil Zombie Management: Nothing beats a good shotgun to the head!

GMichael
06-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Voted: Best thread of the week! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the method of defense, I've always been partial to the tried and true method of Resident Evil Zombie Management: Nothing beats a good shotgun to the head!

Resident Evil? You mean, nothing beats a flying kick by Milla Jovovich in something really short.

trollgirl
06-30-2006, 08:26 PM

LOL - actually, I RARELY get in fights. The main value of Karate is so that you do not fear, fear being the thing that holds you back in so many ways. Karate teaches a new way to move, a new way to think. Fighting is secondary, but it is a scary, dangerous world out there and we should be prepared. Let me tell you all a story on myself. My wife-to-be began to go to my Karate class, and though I outranked her, and my technique was better, she could wipe me (and for that matter, everyone but the instructor) all over the mat, when it came to one-on-one. She grew up in the inner city, I in the 'burbs. She likes a fight upfront and personal, using fists and knives. I like to fight from a distance, and prefer guns. Against zombies, I'd take the 12-gauge too...less chance of getting grabbed. Come on, zombies aren't for real...are they??

Laz

ForeverAutumn
07-01-2006, 08:54 AM
LOL - actually, I RARELY get in fights. The main value of Karate is so that you do not fear, fear being the thing that holds you back in so many ways. Karate teaches a new way to move, a new way to think. Fighting is secondary, but it is a scary, dangerous world out there and we should be prepared. Let me tell you all a story on myself. My wife-to-be began to go to my Karate class, and though I outranked her, and my technique was better, she could wipe me (and for that matter, everyone but the instructor) all over the mat, when it came to one-on-one. She grew up in the inner city, I in the 'burbs. She likes a fight upfront and personal, using fists and knives. I like to fight from a distance, and prefer guns. Against zombies, I'd take the 12-gauge too...less chance of getting grabbed. Come on, zombies aren't for real...are they??

Laz

Um...actually...I'd like your wife-to-be to walk me to my car. :D

trollgirl
07-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Um...actually...I'd like your wife-to-be to walk me to my car. :D

Are you sure, FM? She has MPD. BTW, she's now ex-wife - the karate classes were a LONG time ago.

Laz