How come so many members are invisible? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How come so many members are invisible?

Davey.
11-18-2003, 03:19 PM
It looks like 6 of the 22 members logged in right now have elected to be invisible and I'm just wondering why? Seems more fun to know who's hanging out. Guess people have their reasons though.

I can guess who a couple of them are but that's about it :-)

Dusty Chalk
11-18-2003, 03:45 PM
I don't know. I guess I just don't like reminding people of my existence.

Over50revisited
11-18-2003, 03:50 PM
You know after my little hissy fit but as the the Eagles would say get over it and I have .

Davey.
11-18-2003, 04:25 PM
Hey Davey. (pronounced, "Davey-Dot")
Yeah, I wish I could just be un-dotted Davey but I already wasted way too much time on it and couldn't get Chris to delete the "old" davey account so I could use the name (guess he has too much other stuff going on right now :-)). Maybe sometime in the future I can drop the silly dot or just come up with a new and better moniker, one that will withstand the test of time. Although that's why I'm trying to use Davey :-)

Snowbunny
11-18-2003, 05:21 PM
It looks like 6 of the 22 members logged in right now have elected to be invisible and I'm just wondering why? Seems more fun to know who's hanging out. Guess people have their reasons though.

I can guess who a couple of them are but that's about it :-)

Its about time you showed up here! Lots of invisible people, eh? Well, given the choice I think I'd rather choose flying as my super power. How about you?

Snowbuns

PS Thanks for the private message. They obviously don't have censors for that option! Good thing its snowing here or I'd about burn up!!!

Troy
11-18-2003, 05:26 PM
I keep myself logged in all the time and this computer is never turned off so it would look like I am always here when in fact, I'm only here a little.

For the life of me, I cannot post an attached image!

Davey.
11-18-2003, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the board, Daveydot!
Thanks, I feel at home already!

Cute little animated bunny you got there but I couldn't help but notice that the carrot seems to ocasionally be involved in an activity that....er...well...let's just say it may not be suitable for a family audience. But then again, maybe it's just me and my monitor :p

Just kidding, you know like ;)

Snowbunny
11-18-2003, 08:26 PM
Thanks, I feel at home already!

Cute little animated bunny you got there but I couldn't help but notice that the carrot seems to ocasionally be involved in an activity that....er...well...let's just say it may not be suitable for a family audience. But then again, maybe it's just me and my monitor :p

Just kidding, you know like ;)

Well, when I turn off the lights and squint really hard your frog's eyes look like a woman's breasts.

Sheesh, why can't I get smilies in my message....:-P

Whooptee
11-18-2003, 08:59 PM
Hi davey dot and everyone,

I wonder if the "site newbie" designation gets changed after a certain amount of time from your first post (this is my first over here) or if it takes some certain number of posts. I wish the list of posts would sort in the order they were received instead of by the last date a reply was posted. Anyways, just thought I'd post something and see how my little avatar guy looks and start the ticker on getting a designation other than "site newbie" (in case it's the former system above).

John

Davey.
11-18-2003, 09:34 PM
Well, when I turn off the lights and squint really hard your frog's eyes look like a woman's breasts.
Yeah, I find myself thinking about women's breasts alot lately too but thought that might be a little too personal to talk about here. As long as you brought it up though ...... :p

Are you sure you don't have them disabled in the options when you post and do you have the standard tool bar selected in your profile options? You should see a smiley box next to the reply box and clicking on one will insert the text wherever the cursor is at that time, or you can just type it in if smilies are enabled. That's as far as my smiley expertise extends. :rolleyes:

BTW, did you know that my frog buddy is the cover of a Jim O'Rourke EP? Halfway to a Threeway. You may recall the tilte track from that Mermaid comp I did a long, long time ago. He's pretty cute, eh? The frog I mean, not that little trollboy Jim O :)

Jim Clark
11-19-2003, 06:19 AM
It looks like 6 of the 22 members logged in right now have elected to be invisible and I'm just wondering why? Seems more fun to know who's hanging out. Guess people have their reasons though.Wouldn't it be cool if you could really turn invisible. Doesn't seem to work out so great in the movies though...

I choose to stay invisible for the same reason as Troy. With cable access it looks like I'm here even when I'm not. I'm thinking of maybe turning it off, I get a kick out of seeing who's on, whether they are really there or not. Yesterday I saw Digital G browsing the forum-that guy was great! Today I see BT3 surfing the forum-

Hello there BT3! Water under the bridge or are you still pissed at me?

jc

ForeverAutumn
11-19-2003, 07:39 AM

Are smilies a chick thing? Most of the boys around here have stated their disdain for our little smiley friends, but us girls seem to like them. (no offense intended for our male friends who do happen to like smilies).

Smilies around here don't have noses. Just a colon and a bracket. :)

Davey.
11-19-2003, 07:46 AM
I choose to stay invisible for the same reason as Troy. With cable access it looks like I'm here even when I'm not.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you'll only be shown viewing the page if you leave it displayed on your computer, right? Or is that what you and Troy are saying that you do, leaving the page active on your display all day?

Invisibility would only be fun if you could easily turn it on and off. It would get kind of lonely if you got stuck with it. But like those "Wanna get away?" commercials on TV for one of the airlines, it sure would be nice once in a while :)

Jim Clark
11-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Or is that what you and Troy are saying that you do, leaving the page active on your display all day?

Yep, that's what I'm saying the page stays on pretty much all day. When I get home I hit refresh and settle in for a quick peek at what's going on. Fairly good system for me since I don't visit too many other sites and the boys have their own PC with access.

jc

Snowbunny
11-19-2003, 06:16 PM
BTW, did you know that my frog buddy is the cover of a Jim O'Rourke EP? Halfway to a Threeway. You may recall the tilte track from that Mermaid comp I did a long, long time ago. He's pretty cute, eh? The frog I mean, not that little trollboy Jim Clark :)

Of course, I remember that disturbing song about the menage a trois! Great song. Did you ever get into that cd I sent you with him in cartoon drag on the cover?

Davey.
11-19-2003, 06:33 PM
.....not that little trollboy Jim Clark :)

Hey, that's not what I said! If you are gonna start misquoting me, I'm gonna have a word with the management.

Of course, I remember that disturbing song about the menage a trois! Great song. Did you ever get into that cd I sent you with him in cartoon drag on the cover?
He is a strange guy and that is a good CD. I listened to it a lot back then but haven't in a long time. Eureka is still my favorite. He's in Sonic Youth now. Don't know what else he's doing.

Snowbunny
11-19-2003, 07:05 PM
He's in Sonic Youth now. Don't know what else he's doing.

No freakin' way! In Sonic Youth? Isn't he an old guy like you?

Winning is everything!

Davey.
11-20-2003, 12:34 PM
No freakin' way! In Sonic Youth? Isn't he an old guy like you?

Silly wabbit! Sonic Youth is a bunch of old codgers, just like us ;)

http://members.mailaka.net/davey/sy.jpg