Recommend CD Recorder with Hard Drive [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Recommend CD Recorder with Hard Drive

spiritman
06-27-2006, 04:04 PM
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]First post here. Looking for recommendations of CD Recorders with hard drive, ideally with the following features:

No compression in recording
Editing features
Volume leveling
Good size hard drive (over 100 hours)
Non-degradable results
Easy to change playlists or comparable
Good manual- easy to understand
Deal under $700
Good customer service

One possible so far is the Yamaha CDR HD 1500 but that may not too easy to understand. Many people suggest CD recording with a computer, but I don't really want to buy another computer. My computer hasn't been compatible with my car CD player. Ironic since both are Sonys. But also I've read reviews that say that some stand-alone components in my price range yield recordings superior to computer hard drives.
Am NOT looking to duplicate CDs. Mostly want to make compilations from CD, DVD, LP and cassette (hence need for volume leveling or record level control with VU).
When I search on most sites for CD recorders with hard drives I mostly get DVD recorders.[FONT]

HAVIC
06-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Typically the when people burn cd's to play in a cd player the reason they don't work is because they do not "finalize" the disk. If you have a cd burner on your computer what program do you use to burn cds?

Also sony blank cds are not that good. Try MAXELL.

emorphien
06-27-2006, 05:00 PM
I highly recommend a computer as it can do all that and more, for $700.

Granted that doesn't help if standalones are better than a computer. I'd like to see an actual comparison of a $700 standalone and a computer built for the same $$.

Feanor
06-27-2006, 05:59 PM
[font="Comic Sans MS"]First post here. Looking for recommendations of CD Recorders with hard drive, ideally with the following features:

No compression in recording
Editing features
Volume leveling
Good size hard drive (over 100 hours)
Non-degradable results
Easy to change playlists or comparable
Good manual- easy to understand
Deal under $700
Good customer service

.[FONT]

The Alesis Masterlink ML-9600 has scads of features includinG 24/96 recording. Hard disk is a little small per your requirements, otherwise looks good. Is rated a Stereophile Class 'A' component. Street price is around US$800.

http://www.alesis.com/product.php?id=4

bonsaiguitar
06-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Go with the PC, and yes Sony blanks suck. Try CD-R type disks for best quality.