The Worlds Fastest Indian [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Worlds Fastest Indian

Groundbeef
06-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Just a heads up for anyone that has seen the movie at the rental place. This movie was GREAT. Very much a sneaker hit. It was very well done, and I am always a sucker for the "True Story" inspirational (sp) films.

It was similar to "Cinderalla Man" or any other beat all odds type of film.

Anthony Hopkins plays a man that comes from New Zeland. He rebuilt a 1920's Indian Motorcycle and attempts to make the land speed record with it.

A bit slow at the start, but boy does it finish in a BIG way. Very exciting. I am not a big motorcycle buff, so it was suprising that it sucked me in, but it did.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
07-02-2006, 01:48 PM
My video store just sent me my copy. I can't wait to see it, but it looks like Nanny McPhee will win out first.

eisforelectronic
07-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Loved it! Had me wondering how fast I could get my bike to go.

topspeed
07-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Just watched it and it was terrific!

This is an excellent example of the old axiom: It isn't the destination that counts, it's how you get there. The movie chronicles Munro's adventure from his home New Zealand to his final destination, The Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, where he is trying to realize a boyhood dream of setting a land speed record. Anthony Hopkins gives an amazing performance (when doesn't he?) as the loveable old codger Burt Munro and really instills the passion his character had for his dream. The DD soundtrack really gives your system a workout, especially during the speed runs, and the visuals are enough to make your palms sweat.

In a sea of so-so rentals, this one should be on your must see list. Highly recommended.