identify speakes [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : identify speakes

laurence22
06-26-2006, 07:03 PM
I have theses speakers I want to sell but I have no idea what they are they say dbm 100 the m is a very small m

dual 8 to 10 "woofer
super tweeter
tweeter
midrange
with controls
both of them
I am not trying to sell them here I just want to know what they are I have

picture here http://pnarwal.com/dbm100.jpg

audio_dude
06-27-2006, 12:09 PM
hmm, those almost look hand-made...or made by an independant company

basite
07-01-2006, 10:12 AM
indeed, looks like a combination of old and newer (is that foam i see there?) because if it's foam they are older speakers but ond the other hand you've got a newer midrange, the tweeter/horn is not used anymore now, it's almost certain that they are from a indpendant company, and then you've got a quite unique speaker (which is harder to find) especcially because 9/10 the factory who made them is or gone or they don't make them anymore so you'll have to search a little bit longer

audio_dude
07-01-2006, 12:10 PM
did a little searching, maybe at one point this company made those http://www.dbtechnologies.com/
they do have an "M 100" model, but its not the one you have ...

and the mystery continues

basite
07-01-2006, 12:40 PM
radical change in what kind of speakers they made, but it could indeed be the right company
since they exist 'over 25 years' (seen in their history) and then looking at your speakers, it could be one of their first big and advanced speakers, ow yeah, almost forgot, you say they have 'controls', do you mean it is a bit of crossover adjustment or is it a active speaker?

laurence22
07-02-2006, 04:12 PM
I am not sure what a crossover or active is when I turen the controls the volume goes up
i have both speakers.
that is foam around the speaker.
the top part is made from glass.

teradacto58
07-02-2006, 10:35 PM
I've seen DB's many years back, but they were in smaller cabinets. These cabinets look alot like 30 year old RTR's...original made in Seattle,WA. I have 2 differant pairs of similar RTR's. The rectangular dome tweeters were used by many companies ....ADS,Acoustic Design,Polk Audio,Infinity,etc... The white tweeter looks like a Motorola. Good luck...

basite
07-03-2006, 02:04 AM
the build-it-yourself-spare-parts-speaker

audio_dude
07-03-2006, 06:11 AM
see, when your determined at finding something, you make mistakes... so having someone else use their search techniques always gives you a better result! :) happy listening