i need a new 2nd sub HELP [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : i need a new 2nd sub HELP

soundgarden877
06-24-2006, 04:08 PM
:idea: Psw202 polk died, what about
YST-SW216BL? well let me restart this off with given you(s) a better insight. My room is the "ideal" rectanguler shape i recently brought the sony 12" inch 150 watt sub to "tag-team" with my polk but since then my polk died after 4 years of hard hittin performance because i was playing to loud to break in the sony the polkaudio one just up in quit with an unasl nosie more like a hum even when i shut the fkin thing off so now i just want a weak sub to team up with my new sony12? any idea's? and yeah its f***ing important to have 2

Wireworm5
06-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Get yourself a real sub, one that is clean and has sonic boom like properties. You can thank me later. :)

Mr Peabody
06-30-2006, 06:28 PM
If you are going to use subs, I'd recommend buying another one like you have now. You probably blew the Polk up because it couldn't keep up with the Sony or the Sony was louder and you couldn't hear the Polk clipping. If you do mismatch, you have to set the levels carefully leaving the smaller of the 2 plenty of headroom so it isn't driven too hard, in other words, keep your volume level on the sub well below 12 o'clock. In a 2 sub set up it's just easier to use matching subs. And your frequency response would be more uniform. A correct sub set up is difficult enough with peaks and valleys without 2 different brands to contend with.

Why do you have to have 2 subs? What other equipment are you using?