Maybe a dumb question... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a dumb question...

Resident Loser
06-22-2006, 12:14 PM
...or something I've overlooked, but whatever happened to the "report this post" option?

jimHJJ(...just curious...)

markw
06-22-2006, 12:23 PM
...or something I've overlooked, but whatever happened to the "report this post" option?

jimHJJ(...just curious...)I asked the exact same queston over a month ago.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=17656

It could prevent a lot of strife, but...

Anyhow, at least they appointed JohnMichael as the Duke of Spamalot.

ompid
06-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Lower left-hand corner of each post is a small red-bordered white triangle, beside where it says, "Online", or "Offline", as the case may be. When one clicks on that icon, the "Report a bad post" page opens.

markw
06-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Lower left-hand corner of each post is a small red-bordered white triangle, beside where it says, "Online", or "Offline", as the case may be. When one clicks on that icon, the "Report a bad post" page opens.Who are you, masked man, who rides in on your white horse and singlehandedly saves the town?

ompid
06-22-2006, 01:33 PM
That icon is a common feature to vBulletin software. Many forums, of diverse subject matter, use that feature.

ericl
06-22-2006, 01:37 PM
you know i just realized that it was gone early today when you mentioned it. It must have disappeared when we upgraded the forum software back in march. Hopefully the little triangle works for everybody. I am actually glad that the "report" button is no longer next to the "reply" button, because I use to get "reports" that were actually just intended to be replies on a daily basis..

markw
06-22-2006, 01:38 PM
That icon is a common feature to vBulletin software. Many forums, of diverse subject matter, use that feature.I'm just surprised that no one here ever made mention of that nifty little feature.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't be TOO surprised.

Who does it notify?

ericl
06-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Who does it notify?

God.

Just kidding. It sends an email to the mods and myself.

ompid
06-22-2006, 01:57 PM
It sounds like the site could benefit if the membership was informed, via some sort of announcement, of that change.

Just a suggestion, from a newbie.

Resident Loser
06-23-2006, 07:13 AM
Lower left-hand corner of each post is a small red-bordered white triangle, beside where it says, "Online", or "Offline", as the case may be. When one clicks on that icon, the "Report a bad post" page opens.

...ain't that cool!!! Being the computer-illiterate Luddite that I am, charts and graphs and flowcharts and clearly-labelled features make it all a lot easier...

jimHJJ(...thanx...)