How much bass is to much? <_< [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How much bass is to much? <_<

Zhyn
06-22-2006, 10:03 AM
So I was listening to some Quake II, and one of the songs must have been ripped funny or something but the diaphragm on my speakers (VR-1's powered by a Cambridge audio azur 640 V2) went all crazy. So I very quickly lowered the volume and avoided that track.

I'm guessing it had something to do with the bass being too high on that track?

So I was wondering, how much bass would be too much? When is the diaphragm moving in and out to far? Or if it should only be vibrating and not moving at all.

Florian
06-22-2006, 10:40 AM
I have the Q2 CD also and the tracks are just fine, but your speakers cannot handle the signal. Solution = turn it down ;-)

Cheers

Flo

PS: Bass is created by moving lots of air, the smaller your driver the more it has to move, and use the box to reinforce the signal. So, a little movement is ok, but when the rubber starts bending, watch out :-)

Woochifer
06-22-2006, 11:44 AM
The VR-1 is a ported/vented speaker, so I would suspect that your CD has some low bass content that dips well below the tuned port frequency on your speaker. As the bass content goes closer to the tuned port frequency, the driver movement on a ported speaker will actually taper off. But, once the signal goes below the tuned port frequency, then the driver will "unload" because the back pressure from the port is no longer there to dampen the cone movement. Car audio systems sometimes use bass blockers to prevent damage to the main drivers, since those installations do not typically have a tuned port alignment or sealed box to dampen the cone movement.

This type of cone movement actually used to be fairly common with turntables, because vinyl can create a subsonic rumbling. This low frequency content is inaudible because it goes so low, but the speaker can pick it up, so you'd see the drivers moving a lot even though it might otherwise sound silent. A lot of older amplifiers and some phono preamps include subsonic filter switches specifically to address this issue, since excessive driver movement can affect how the more audible ranges sound.

The cone movement with that low bass can damage the driver because there's nothing there to dampen it. But, fortunately most music does not have enough low frequency content to create serious problems at normal listening levels for decent speakers like the VR-1. Keep in mind that some cone movement is fine. But, if it looks like the driver is flopping around and it does not match up with any music content that you can hear, then the signal has likely gone below what your speakers are capable of reproducing, so you should use caution with the volume level.

JoeE SP9
06-22-2006, 11:49 AM
If you want real bass get a subwoofer. Those VR-1's are nice but what do you expect from a 61/2" woofer.:cool:

topspeed
06-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Wooch,

In response to your excellent description, it should be noted the VR-1's port isn't a typical tuned port. If fact, it isn't tuned at all. It is, in VSA lingo, a "pressure release" that allows the transducer to "see" a bigger volume than the actual confines of the cabinet.

As far as the distortion from overdriving the speaker, I'll admit that I'm surprised. Not that the speaker bottomed out (that can happen to any speaker), but that you were playing it that loud. You must have them in a pretty big room as I use a 30wpc Marantz and have never gone beyond half way on the volume. Like Flo said, turn it down :cool:

Zhyn
06-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Hehe, well the Quake song was up to the max that I sometimes listen to for a couple songs (half volume) And it went as Woochifer described. There wasn't much base sound but the driver was moving alot and it looked funky.

I just feel like listening to music at extreme volumes once and awhile. So If it looks like it's moving to much, it's probebly to much. I haven't seen the driver move to extremey at 75% volume(I don't think I've gone past that)

Thanks for the info :)

Woochifer
06-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Wooch,

In response to your excellent description, it should be noted the VR-1's port isn't a typical tuned port. If fact, it isn't tuned at all. It is, in VSA lingo, a "pressure release" that allows the transducer to "see" a bigger volume than the actual confines of the cabinet.

As far as the distortion from overdriving the speaker, I'll admit that I'm surprised. Not that the speaker bottomed out (that can happen to any speaker), but that you were playing it that loud. You must have them in a pretty big room as I use a 30wpc Marantz and have never gone beyond half way on the volume. Like Flo said, turn it down :cool:

ts -

Interesting stuff I didn't know about the VR-1, thanks for pointing that out. I would be curious as to how the driver behaves at the lower limit using that kind of design, since typical ported speakers have the minimum cone movement at the tuned port frequency and uncontrolled movement below the tuned frequency. Is there any point at which the driver can unload, or does the cone remain dampened throughout the bass range?

Not that I'm asking you to run a frequency sweep at reference levels or anything like that! :D

superpanavision70mm
06-22-2006, 04:27 PM
How much bass is TOO much? Well, when the earth opens up below your feet...that could be an indication and not just that you live in California either.

bfalls
06-23-2006, 06:48 AM
Too much bass is when the blood trickling from your ears doesn't stop after the first wipe:-)

audio amateur
06-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Too much bass is when you start having a headach even though you consider yourself a basshead. Either that or when your woofer totally starts to max-out :p

audio_dude
06-23-2006, 05:11 PM
hehe, i like bottoming out really old speakers that i find in the trash...then i throw them out

jrhymeammo
06-23-2006, 07:49 PM
hehe, i like bottoming out really old speakers that i find in the trash...then i throw them out

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa. I luv it.

I used to do that alot, and still do whenever I come across a pair that are really beat up. Also, fun to test out the kindness of my neighbors. Of course I'll never use my tube amp for that.

emack27
06-24-2006, 02:02 AM
I'm guessing it had something to do with the bass being too high on that track?

Your first reaction is propably the correct one.
Some recordings such as some rap recordings are recorded into clipping or very close to clipping.
I noticed the same thing when playing an MP3 on Windows Media player, however I didn't hear it but saw it on a oscilliscope (if that's how you spell it). When I adjusted my equalizer up from the flat position the waves became clipped.
I'm still confused about how an equalizer can empasize frequencies into clipping.
So maybe that might answer your question.

emack27
06-24-2006, 02:10 AM
If you want real bass get a subwoofer. Those VR-1's are nice but what do you expect from a 61/2" woofer.:cool:

I would have to disagree with you there.
My 6.5's put out more bass than most subs wish they could and damn are they smooth!
My SEAS Excel 6.5's can vibrate a Las Vegas phonebook off of a milk crate!

JoeE SP9
06-24-2006, 06:59 AM
I would have to disagree with you there.
My 6.5's put out more bass than most subs wish they could and damn are they smooth!
My SEAS Excel 6.5's can vibrate a Las Vegas phonebook off of a milk crate!
Are you sure you have heard a good subwoofer set up properly? Bass is all about moving air. There is no way any 6.5" dia. cones can move as much air as a couple of 12" or 15" dia. cones. I don't think anyone else on this site would try to claim that a couple of 6.5" dia. cones can compete with a good subwoofer.:cool:

teledynepost
06-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Is it normal for the speaker cones to visibly get pushed in and out when bumping or dropping the needle on a record?

JoeE SP9
06-24-2006, 07:22 PM
Is it normal for the speaker cones to visibly get pushed in and out when bumping or dropping the needle on a record?

Yes, the extreme subsonics generated by those actions make woofer cones do just that. :cool:

shokhead
06-25-2006, 05:48 AM

Oh come on,you mean a 6.5" woofer wont play down to16- 20Hz@105db? Clean! BTW,will my receiver get warm while trying?

JoeE SP9
06-25-2006, 06:29 AM
Oh come on,you mean a 6.5" woofer wont play down to16- 20Hz@105db? Clean! BTW,will my receiver get warm while trying?
Is it related to the little engine that could?:ihih:

shokhead
06-25-2006, 07:16 AM
Is it related to the little engine that could?:ihih:

I know i can,i know i can,i know i can. Sh$t,i cant.

JoeE SP9
06-25-2006, 12:05 PM
I know i can,i know i can,i know i can. Sh$t,i cant.

Gee! I forgot to ask if you leave it on all the time.:idea:

Florian
06-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Hehehe, i read a lot of things on this forum that makes me smile. But someone commenting on the good "bass" from 6 1/2" woofer is a first :)

audio amateur
06-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Hehehe, i read a lot of things on this forum that makes me smile. But someone commenting on the good "bass" from 6 1/2" woofer is a first :)

Well that will finish him off:ciappa: . He wasn't exactly tender with me. Sorry emack but your seas' can't do everything.
By the way Florian why ain't ya on msn anymore? (looked at the train tickets etc, we need to talk about it)

emack27
06-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Well if ya don't believe that my 6.5's can compete with alot (not all) subs then here are some quotes.
"Usable in-room bass response extends well into the low 30Hz range" by Joe D. Appolito http://www.madisound.com/pdf/seascatalog.pdf
"the response in Joe's room sounded flat down to 25Hz." Professional Audio Review by Dennis Colin http://www.madisound.com/pdf/Kits/audioXpress%20Thor%20Review.pdf

audio amateur
06-25-2006, 02:59 PM
Well if ya don't believe that my 6.5's can compete with alot (not all) subs then here are some quotes.
"Usable in-room bass response extends well into the low 30Hz range" by Joe D. Appolito http://www.madisound.com/pdf/seascatalog.pdf
"the response in Joe's room sounded flat down to 25Hz." Professional Audio Review by Dennis Colin http://www.madisound.com/pdf/Kits/audioXpress%20Thor%20Review.pdf

They still deserve a good sub no less.

emack27
06-25-2006, 03:10 PM
I just ran a side by side comparison with 1 SEAS Thor Tower and 1 10" Infinity Perfect sub housed in a 1cu. ft. sealed enclosure (both rated @ 4 ohms but the sub has a 2dB @ 1 watt higher effiency rating) using a test tone generator from 10 to 50Hz.. Comparing both audible and vibrational effects between the two there is no discernable difference from 10 to about 40Hz range, above 40 and the Thor's are hands down louder than the sub. Note: Below 25-30Hz the audio output from both were inaudible unless I really turned up the volume.

audio amateur
06-25-2006, 03:34 PM
I just ran a side by side comparison with 1 SEAS Thor Tower and 1 10" Infinity Perfect sub housed in a 1cu. ft. sealed enclosure (both rated @ 4 ohms but the sub has a 2dB @ 1 watt higher effiency rating) using a test tone generator from 10 to 50Hz.. Comparing both audible and vibrational effects between the two there is no discernable difference from 10 to about 40Hz range, above 40 and the Thor's are hands down louder than the sub. Note: Below 25-30Hz the audio output from both were inaudible unless I really turned up the volume.

car sub? what amp did you use? note that it's a 10inch driver housed in a small enclosure. There is no subsitute for cubic inches, and that's what your thor's have.

emack27
06-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Of course I'm not using a 12 or 15" sub here and since the sub is not ported then the sub should extend lower than a typical ported enclusure design.
This makes for some interesting research, and not that I seem to care but I know there are subs out there that have very good in-room low frequency response either using sealed or ported enclosures.
A typical ported desgn would have a good low frequency response at its tuned frequency. In this respect I do conceed but only slightly in that some subs will give a better lower frequency response than my 6'5's.
However, my 6.5's do have an advantage over using a sub in that there is a lack of coherency in bass at the crossover frequencies when using a sub.
Chow.

emack27
06-25-2006, 03:40 PM
car sub? what amp did you use? note that it's a 10inch driver housed in a small enclosure. There is no subsitute for cubic inches, and that's what your thor's have.
Yes a car sub.
The amp I used is listed below.
Using the subs specifications the optimal design enclosure for a sealed box is 1 cu. ft.

JoeE SP9
06-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Well emack, you can continue to claim that 6 1/2" woofers can compete equally with a decent sub if you wish. That's your opinion. You might want to note that everyone else who has responded has said that they disagree with your assessment. :confused5:

shokhead
06-25-2006, 04:02 PM

So what do you do for all the good stuff below 30? BTW,below 30 @ say 95-105db.

emack27
06-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Well emack, you can continue to claim that 6 1/2" woofers can compete equally with a decent sub if you wish. That's your opinion. You might want to note that everyone else who has responded has said that they disagree with your assessment. :confused5:
Well I guess hearing is believeing.
I'm fine with what everybody else thinks. But truely these Thor speakers are deffinitely the best I've ever heard even compared to systems with or without subs.
"It's all in the set-up"

emack27
06-25-2006, 04:06 PM
So what do you do for all the good stuff below 30? BTW,below 30 @ say 95-105db.
I guess i'll just have to live without frequencies below 25Hz. :frown5:

Florian
06-26-2006, 04:52 AM
Well I guess hearing is believeing.
I'm fine with what everybody else thinks. But truely these Thor speakers are deffinitely the best I've ever heard even compared to systems with or without subs.
"It's all in the set-up"

Funny :-)

JoeE SP9
06-26-2006, 05:21 AM
All the set up in the universe is not going to move large amounts of air. Are there no other audiophiles near you? Are there no dealers near you with decent demonstration rooms? I'm very glad for you that you are happy with your system but you should do a comparison with a "good" subwoofer. Your low end response claims remind me of a friend who was certain her car would go 140mph because that's what the speedometer went to.:ihih:

Florian
06-26-2006, 05:25 AM
All the set up in the universe is not going to move large amounts of air. Are there no other audiophiles near you? Are there no dealers near you with decent demonstration rooms? I'm very glad for you that you are happy with your system but you should do a comparison with a "good" subwoofer. Your low end response claims remind me of a friend who was certain her car would go 140mph because that's what the speedometer went to.:ihih:

Did i ever show you my funny "air moving" photo?

-Flo

shokhead
06-26-2006, 05:48 AM
You mean a fart?

Florian
06-26-2006, 05:56 AM
You mean a fart?

Nope, i dont want to show the picture from you on the last BBQ meet. :ciappa:

I have a picture comparing the air moving ability of a 6 1/2 driver to my divas bass area. LOL

audio amateur
06-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Nope, i dont want to show the picture from you on the last BBQ meet. :ciappa:

I have a picture comparing the air moving ability of a 6 1/2 driver to my divas bass area. LOL

hmm so you got your usher's... sucker:biggrin5:

Florian
06-26-2006, 03:25 PM
hmm so you got your usher's... sucker:biggrin5:

Well, a KW into a bass panel is a nice controll.....

audio amateur
06-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Well, a KW into a bass panel is a nice controll.....

Can't wait to audition..;)

emack27
06-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Ok then.
Let's do some calculations shall we?
The total surface area (or in other words how much air a particular driver can move) of a 12" diver is 113 sq. inches. The total surface area of (4) 6.5" drivers is 133 sq. inches.
So if your theory about a driver's ability to move air is dependent on it's size (surface area) then you have made my point.

Florian
06-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Thats why i move 3120 square inches of air, with less movement, more linearity and no box....:ciappa:

Florian
06-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Can't wait to audition..;)

Youll love it here, well go to a good club, spin tunes on the Apogee Caliper, DIVA Reference and the small Maggies. I can show you some VMPS boxes etc...

:cornut:

emack27
06-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Thats why i move 3120 square inches of air, with less movement, more linearity and no box....:ciappa:
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...
Oh BTW what is the linear excersion limits on those?

Florian
06-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...
Oh BTW what is the linear excersion limits on those?

Hehe, considering your character so far, you will expect a small number and then go on ranting about the effect is has to move air. Well, ill let you in on a secret. Excursion= non linearity and distoration. You can also controll these by servo controlling your bass, like its done on the Infinity IRS series, Genesis Advanced Technologies etc.... or you can create a membrane with a perfect flat surface, huge area, huge controll over area, almost no movement, ribbons that stay perfectly over their entire operating range or you can buy two 6 1/2 woofer and find the nearest audio forum to talk to guy who has heard most equipment, owned a lot and has access to some of the worlds best designs and try to argue with him with about pointless crap....... and the ability to move air and creating bass with two 6 1/2 woofers

emack27
06-27-2006, 01:44 AM
or you can buy two 6 1/2 woofer and find the nearest audio forum to talk to guy who has heard most equipment, owned a lot and has access to some of the worlds best designs and try to argue with him with about pointless crap....... and the ability to move air and creating bass with two 6 1/2 woofers
LOL. You're a funny guy.
BTW. It's (4) 6.5" drivers. MTM design.
Hey, unless you've heard a pair of Thor's then you really can't possibly tell me I'm full of @$%#.

JoeE SP9
06-27-2006, 07:28 AM
LOL. You're a funny guy.
BTW. It's (4) 6.5" drivers. MTM design.
Hey, unless you've heard a pair of Thor's then you really can't possibly tell me I'm full of @$%#.

Considering that no one picked up on your speakers being MTM in design a lot of this could have stopped in the beginning had you said so. We all know there is a large difference between (1) 6.5" and (2) 6.5" per speaker. However, you still might want to check out "good" subwoofers. They can and do make a considerable difference in full range speakers including other MTM designs. As someone else mentioned, 100+db at 20hz requires a subwoofer.
This in no way negates my comments about box resonances and their effect. All boxes resonate and color the sound. Manufacturers like Wilson and Focal use heroic construction methods to keep cabinet resonance to a minimum. The only way to get rid of cabinet resonance is to get rid of the cabinet. I have heard a subwoofer with a cabinet made of poured concrete. Even it had resonance. Without going to exotic materials tubes make the least resonant enclosures. When Hsu research started they used concrete construction formers for their subwoofer enclosures. Those formers are still less resonant that just about anything else out there. The have the added benefit of being very reasonably priced although they are not particularly attractive. It is very easy to build a subwoofer in a construction former.

Instructions for building a ported tubular subwoofer.
1. Get Woofer
2. Use Theile Small calculations to determine enclosure volume and port dimensions.
3. Get a former large enough to mount the woofer on one end.
4. Cut the former to length for a calculated internal volume.
5. Mount Woofer on one end.
6. Stuff tube with damping material.
7. Add a cap with the port tube to the other end.
8. A fabric sock can be used as a cover.
Said subwoofer will be less resonant than most everything else.

This should be enough information for anyone who is interested.:cool:

shokhead
06-27-2006, 08:07 AM
I guess i'll just have to live without frequencies below 25Hz. :frown5:

Your missing all the fun.

emack27
06-27-2006, 12:30 PM
However, you still might want to check out "good" subwoofers. They can and do make a considerable difference in full range speakers including other MTM designs. As someone else mentioned, 100+db at 20hz requires a subwoofer.
:cool:
Well, yesterday I spent a considerable amount of time listening to my system with my Infinity Perfect sealed 10" sub hooked up and I noticed there were some bass notes that my Thor's either couldn't reproduce or couldn't reproduce as loud without the sub. So IMO a sub would be a worthy compliment to my system. Not that I really need a sub it's just that it would compliment the whole audio spectrum and I don't see why adding more speakers would hurt any system.

shokhead
06-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Then your not quite getting it. I feel for your receiver. Huff'n and puff'n and please put a fan on be,oh no another LFE. LOL.
Sub helps out your receiver,makes your mains even better and its just plain fun if you have a good one.

audio amateur
06-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Well, yesterday I spent a considerable amount of time listening to my system with my Infinity Perfect sealed 10" sub hooked up and I noticed there were some bass notes that my Thor's either couldn't reproduce or couldn't reproduce as loud without the sub. So IMO a sub would be a worthy compliment to my system. Not that I really need a sub it's just that it would compliment the whole audio spectrum and I don't see why adding more speakers would hurt any system.

The infinity perfect is a start even thouh it is only 10inch. Get a good sub amplifier for it, a decently sized and well braced box, ported. It should give ok results.

audio amateur
06-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Then your not quite getting it. I feel for your receiver. Huff'n and puff'n and please put a fan on be,oh no another LFE. LOL.
Sub helps out your receiver,makes your mains even better and its just plain fun if you have a good one.

He ain't quite got a receiver, it'a a five channel amp...

emack27
06-27-2006, 05:16 PM
He ain't quite got a receiver, it'a a five channel amp...
Yeah. I don't have a Denon Receiver like you.
My amp puts out far more watts than I need brother.300 w/channel RMS X 5 @ 4 ohms. The SOB weighs 90 lbs.

shokhead
06-28-2006, 05:34 AM
My bad.

audio amateur
06-28-2006, 07:47 AM
My bad.

:p you don't have to be I was just pointing it out;)

topspeed
06-29-2006, 09:48 AM
Thiele Small Calculations?
Linear Excursions?
Vibrational Effects?

Jeebus, you guys are putting waaaay too much thought into this.

You want to know when you have too much bass?

If the ceiling in your house is starting to cave in...you have too much bass.

If you suddenly have an involuntary bowel movement in your Underoos...you have too much bass.

If you girlfriend is constantly having orgasms...and you're in the other room spinning tunes...you have too much bass.

If the neighbors have sent over a large gentleman with a Louisville Slugger named Guido to "talk to you"...you have too much bass

If you don't have any leaves on your trees...in June...you have too much bass

If you have to wear glasses when listening to music, even though you have 20/20 vision...you have too much bass

If you notice the 8" hole in your back where the voicecoil shot through it...you have too much bass

If you have the shakes, but haven't had a drink in years...you have too much bass

Finally...

If your Persian cat now looks like this
http://absolutelycats.tripod.com/ZSphynxExoticats.jpg
you have too much bass!

emack27
06-29-2006, 10:18 PM
"If you girlfriend is constantly having orgasms...and you're in the other room spinning tunes...you have too much bass..."
LMFAO
No wonder I'm not gettin any action?

audio_dude
06-30-2006, 04:16 AM
LMAO, great stuff...

but to me, there is NO such thing as TOO much bass!!!

Geoffcin
06-30-2006, 05:08 AM
LMAO, great stuff...

but to me, there is NO such thing as TOO much bass!!!

I once had my two 15" Velodyne subs hooked up with two Axiom 12" EPI500 subs. That was pretty darn close to too much bass. (set off the car alarm, andf the car was parked in the driveway!)

GMichael
06-30-2006, 06:22 AM
I would back off on the base when I see my windows crack.

audio_dude
06-30-2006, 06:49 AM
I would back off on the base when I see my windows crack.

i'll let my windows explode before I think its too much bass!

GMichael
06-30-2006, 07:22 AM
i'll let my windows explode before I think its too much bass!

I went through too many windows. Had to adjust my thinking.

JoeE SP9
06-30-2006, 12:58 PM
When you can stop a heart maybe then you have too much bass.
http://www.wired.com/news/medtech/0,1286,64829,00.html
:ihih:

audio amateur
07-01-2006, 04:54 AM
When you can stop a heart maybe then you have too much bass.
http://www.wired.com/news/medtech/0,1286,64829,00.html
:ihih:

Interesting read.

audio amateur
07-01-2006, 04:55 AM
I'd be thankful if someone could give me a small list of abreviations often used in this forum and their meaning, thanks.

audio amateur
07-01-2006, 04:57 AM
I once had my two 15" Velodyne subs hooked up with two Axiom 12" EPI500 subs. That was pretty darn close to too much bass. (set off the car alarm, andf the car was parked in the driveway!)

What kind of tunes where you spinning?

Geoffcin
07-01-2006, 05:12 AM
What kind of tunes where you spinning?

Basically the Chesky 5.1 DVD-Audio sampler, and the Stereophile test CD. I was NOT able to bring it up to max output simply because everything in the room/house/neighborhood/area code was vibrating in sympathy. Still I managed a respectable ~114dB or so at 30hz at my listening position. (I really think we could have gotten a 120dB reading)!

audio amateur
07-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Basically the Chesky 5.1 DVD-Audio sampler, and the Stereophile test CD. I was NOT able to bring it up to max output simply because everything in the room/house/neighborhood/area code was vibrating in sympathy. Still I managed a respectable ~114dB or so at 30hz at my listening position. (I really think we could have gotten a 120dB reading)!

very nice;) wish I had a dB meter...

Geoffcin
07-01-2006, 06:36 AM
very nice;) wish I had a dB meter...

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103668&cp=&origkw=Sound-Level+Meter&kw=sound-level+meter&parentPage=search

A great thing to have!

basite
07-01-2006, 09:59 AM
for me, to much bass is when you think the neigbhours are bashing your head but they aren't really there, instead their bashing your walls but you don't care because you don't hear it, also too much bass is when you create so much vibration that your 12kg amp is vibrating of your desk and your cat is running away from the speaker (which is unusual because they seem to be too stupid to know where the sound comes from), if you go outside and you realize that your house is the only house still standing straight, you also have to much bass, when your 110 year old grandma is shaking her ass in front of you, you also have too much bass, if you start to move automatticly everytime there is a base sound, you should turn it down,

after having all that sead, here comes my musical opinion: you have too much bass when you don't hear anything else then bass in a song, or if your sound gets disturbed by some ugly extremly low base sound

JoeE SP9
07-01-2006, 11:42 AM
I'd be thankful if someone could give me a small list of abreviations often used in this forum and their meaning, thanks.
Which ones are you talking about?:cool:

Florian
07-01-2006, 01:09 PM
<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" width="450"> <tbody><tr><td class="c5" valign="top">*</td> <td valign="top">your actions in the third person, i.e. " *goes to your site"</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top"><3</td> <td valign="top">Love, i.e. "I <3 New York" (looks like a sideways heart)</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top"><!--3</td-->
</td><td valign="top">Broken Heart / Hearted, i.e. "She left me and I'm <!--3"</td--> </td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">adn</td> <td valign="top">Any Day Now</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">afk</td> <td valign="top">Away From Keyboard</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">afn</td> <td valign="top">that's All For Now</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">amf

ar
</td> <td valign="top">Adios Mother F_cker

Apogees Rule
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">asap</td> <td valign="top">As Soon As Possible</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">asl?, a/s/l</td> <td valign="top">what's your Age, Sex, and Location?</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">atm</td> <td valign="top">At The Moment</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">b4</td> <td valign="top">Before</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">bbl</td> <td valign="top">Be Back Later</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">bc, b/c</td> <td valign="top">Because</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">bf</td> <td valign="top">Boyfriend</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">bfd</td> <td valign="top">Big F_ckin Deal</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">bfn</td> <td valign="top">Bye For Now</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">brb</td> <td valign="top">Be Right Back</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">btdt</td> <td valign="top">Been There, Done That</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">btw</td> <td valign="top">By The Way</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">cu</td> <td valign="top">See You</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">cya</td> <td valign="top">See Ya</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">d/w</td> <td valign="top">Don't Worry</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">dl, d/l</td> <td valign="top">Download, Downloading; ALSO "down low"</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">eg</td> <td valign="top">Evil Grin</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">emsg</td> <td valign="top">Email Message</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">f2f</td> <td valign="top">Face To Face</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">fts</td> <td valign="top">F_ck That Sh_t!!</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">fyi</td> <td valign="top">For Your Information</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">gal</td> <td valign="top">Get A Life</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">gf</td> <td valign="top">Girlfriend</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">gg, g/g</td> <td valign="top">Gotta Go</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">gl</td> <td valign="top">Good Luck</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">gmta</td> <td valign="top">Great Minds Think Alike</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">gr</td> <td valign="top">Gotta Run</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">gtg, g2g</td> <td valign="top">Got To Go, Gotta Go</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">gtsy</td> <td valign="top">Glad To See You</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">h&k</td> <td valign="top">a Hug and a Kiss</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">h/o</td> <td valign="top">Hold On</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">hb</td> <td valign="top">Hurry Back</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">hfs!</td> <td valign="top">Holy F_ckin Sh_t!!</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">hw</td> <td valign="top">Homework</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">ianal</td> <td valign="top">I Am Not A Lawyer but...</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">idk</td> <td valign="top">I Don't Know</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">im</td> <td valign="top">Instant Message</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">imho</td> <td valign="top">In My Humble Opinion</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">imo</td> <td valign="top">In My Opinion</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">irl</td> <td valign="top">In Real Life</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">jk, j/k</td> <td valign="top">Just Kidding</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">jtlyk</td> <td valign="top">Just To Let You Know</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">jw</td> <td valign="top">Just Wondering</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">k, kk</td> <td valign="top">Okay, alright</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">kit</td> <td valign="top">Keep In Touch</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">l8r</td> <td valign="top">Later (Goodbye)</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">lmao</td> <td valign="top">Laughing My Ass Off</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">lmfao</td> <td valign="top">Laughing My F_ckin Ass Off</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">lol</td> <td valign="top">Laughing Out Loud</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">ltns</td> <td valign="top">Long Time No See</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">lyl</td> <td valign="top">Love Ya Lots!</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">lylab</td> <td valign="top">Love Ya Like A Brother</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">lylas</td> <td valign="top">Love Ya Like A Sister</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">mwa</td> <td valign="top">a Kiss (the sound "mwa")</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">nc, n/c</td> <td valign="top">No Comment</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">nfl</td> <td valign="top">Not F_cking Likely!!</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">nfw!</td> <td valign="top">No F_cking Way!!</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">nm, n/m</td> <td valign="top">Never Mind</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">np</td> <td valign="top">No Problem</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">ns</td> <td valign="top">No Sh_t!</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">nvm</td> <td valign="top">Never Mind</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">oic</td> <td valign="top">Oh, I See</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">ol</td> <td valign="top">Old Lady (wife, girlfriend)</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">om</td> <td valign="top">Old Man (husband, boyfriend)</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">omg!</td> <td valign="top">Oh My Gosh!, Oh My God!</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">otp</td> <td valign="top">On The Phone</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">pal</td> <td valign="top">Parents Are Listening</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">pita</td> <td valign="top">Pain In The Ass</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">pls, plz</td> <td valign="top">Please</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">pm</td> <td valign="top">Private Message</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">pmfji</td> <td valign="top">Pardon Me For Jumping In</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">pos</td> <td valign="top">Parent Over Shoulder</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">ppl</td> <td valign="top">People, i.e. "lotsa ppl do that"</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">qt</td> <td valign="top">Cutie</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">r</td> <td valign="top">Are, i.e. "what r u doin tonite?"</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">rl</td> <td valign="top">Real Life</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">rofl</td> <td valign="top">Rolling On Floor Laughing</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">roflmao</td> <td valign="top">Rolling On Floor Laughing My Ass Off</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">rtfm</td> <td valign="top">Read The F_ckin Manual!! (read the instructions, notes, etc.)</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">sb</td> <td valign="top">Smiles Back</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">so</td> <td valign="top">Significant Other</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">sol</td> <td valign="top">Sh_t Out of Luck</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">sos</td> <td valign="top">Same Old Sh_t</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">srsly</td> <td valign="top">Seriously</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">sry</td> <td valign="top">Sorry</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">stfu</td> <td valign="top">Shut The F_ck Up</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">sup?</td> <td valign="top">What's up? or Wassup? (a greeting)</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">sys</td> <td valign="top">See You Soon</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">ta</td> <td valign="top">Thanks Again</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">thx</td> <td valign="top">Thanks</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">ttfn</td> <td valign="top">Ta Ta For Now</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">ttyl</td> <td valign="top">Talk To You Later</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">ty</td> <td valign="top">Thank You</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">tyt</td> <td valign="top">Take Your Time (common reply to brb)</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">u</td> <td valign="top">You</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">ul, u/l</td> <td valign="top">Upload or Uploading</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">ur</td> <td valign="top">Your</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">vn</td> <td valign="top">Very Nice</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">w.e</td> <td valign="top">Whatever</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">w/e</td> <td valign="top">Whatever</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">wb</td> <td valign="top">Welcome Back</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">weg</td> <td valign="top">Wicked Evil Grin</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">wtf?</td> <td valign="top">What The F_ck?</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">wtgp?</td> <td valign="top">Want To Go Private? (go to a private room)</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">wth?</td> <td valign="top">What The Heck? or What The Hell?</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">wts?</td> <td valign="top">What's That Sh_t? or What The Sh_t?</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">xoxo</td> <td valign="top">Hugs and Kisses (X's are kisses and O's are hugs)</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">ybs</td> <td valign="top">You'll Be Sorry</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">yt?</td> <td valign="top">You There?</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="c5" valign="top">yw</td> <td valign="top">Your Welcome</td></tr></tbody> </table>

shokhead
07-01-2006, 03:04 PM
You forgot JH Jackhole for jackass/a$$hole

Florian
07-01-2006, 03:16 PM
You forgot JH Jackhole for jackass/a$$hole

aaaaah

JoeE SP9
07-01-2006, 03:46 PM
That's some list there Flo! I knew you had it in you. You are learning to harness the power of the panel. You are coming along well young master.:ihih:

Florian
07-01-2006, 04:02 PM
That's some list there Flo! I knew you had it in you. You are learning to harness the power of the panel. You are coming along well young master.:ihih:

Yes the force is growing in me, lets hope that i master the rest of my life as good as the system :ihih:

audio amateur
07-02-2006, 01:03 PM
thanks buddy.

basite
07-03-2006, 02:08 AM
quite big list for all the people who see an abrevation that isn't in there go to www.acronymfinder.com and search them up

audio amateur
07-03-2006, 04:06 AM
I love this thread it's huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!! Lets make it BIGGER!!!! hahahahaa:p