What's your favorite reference DVD for "test drives"? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite reference DVD for "test drives"?

CaptainPurple
01-30-2004, 07:05 AM
I like the storming of Normandy in Saving Private Ryan. There's not a lot of highs but there's some good surround and bass to listen to. I also like Air Force One's dog fight between Kazakstan and the US fighter planes; great jet action surround.

What about anyone else?

Sorry if this has been done. I searched for reference DVD and it choked on the DVD term. Just searching on reference returned too many results for my lazy a$$. :p

yamdsp-a1
01-30-2004, 07:36 AM
Fifth Element - DTS superbit.

Chicago - DTS

Jurrasic Park - DTS

Star WArs - AOTC - DD , the opening sequence is a speaker killer.

Behind Enemy Lines DTS

That is all I can think of for the moment.

All of these are for sound, I don't have the display or connections to notice much difference in picture...

karl k
01-30-2004, 09:18 PM
I like the storming of Normandy in Saving Private Ryan. There's not a lot of highs but there's some good surround and bass to listen to. I also like Air Force One's dog fight between Kazakstan and the US fighter planes; great jet action surround.

What about anyone else?

Sorry if this has been done. I searched for reference DVD and it choked on the DVD term. Just searching on reference returned too many results for my lazy a$$. :p
Lost in Space... DD
Independence Day... DD/THX
X-Men 1&2... DD
Terminator 2 extreme edition...DD/THX
Starship Troopers Superbit...DTS

gocats5611
02-06-2004, 11:21 AM
Independence Day ... DD/THX
Ice Age ... DD
Pearl Harbor ... DTS

Though after getting the new Lion King special edition with the new Disney-Enhanced Surround sound.. that might be teh best one for reference out there.

TinHere
02-06-2004, 11:30 AM
The Eagles...Hell Freezes Over... DTS

U571...DTS Major bass.

phillyguy
02-06-2004, 06:41 PM
The Iron Giant. Love the giant's footsteps and the scene in the coffeeshop with the squirrel.

chimera128
02-12-2004, 11:57 AM
The Lion King Special Edition. The special Disney Mix is awesome. Didn't care for the new song though =/.

This Guy
02-12-2004, 01:06 PM
How come noone mentioned Terminator 3? That's the best soundtrack i ever heard. Coming in a close second is Final Destination 2 in DTS-ES. These will test any system.

-Joey

joel2762
02-12-2004, 04:58 PM
T-3 definetly.
Topgun!-DD 5.1-Pretty much every scene!!!Crank the first scene..Ouch!
The Ring-DTS- After the movie's started, and the days are counting down ex, Thursday, Day 1, appears on the screen with a huge thunder-ish rumble from the LFE..woah! Some nice effects in the rear channels too. Not alot of action, but a great movie and the DTS soundtrack is awsome! Action packed or not! Check this movie out.