the WAF dilemma - solved! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : the WAF dilemma - solved!

bubbagump
06-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Hopefully other audio product manufacturers will follow Audiovox's lead:

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/GenProductListCmd?type=nprev&catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=5106&langId=-1&page=&urlString=&productId=&brand

audio_dude
06-18-2006, 03:38 PM
its a good idea, i wonder how it sounds?

Mike Anderson
06-18-2006, 04:07 PM
A better solution to the WAF dilemma: Get a new W!

I like the way my huge 1.6qr speakers look, and my wife doesn't mind the look of them at all. (As long as they can be wheeled back to the wall when we need the space).

And they're always a great conversation piece for guests. It usually start like "Holy $&%@! Look at those speakers!"

Sir Terrence the Terrible
06-18-2006, 04:19 PM
I have just one word for this.....YUCK! ooopss two words DOUBLE YUCK!!!!!

audio_dude
06-18-2006, 05:14 PM
all flash, no bang

emorphien
06-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Those are hideous.

paul_pci
06-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Those are hideous.

Now you sound like all the wives.

Worf101
06-19-2006, 05:04 AM
Seems like a fair trade to me. You buy this stuff and all it'll cost you are your balls and self respect. How imprtant are those???

Da Worfster

GMichael
06-19-2006, 05:34 AM
I just made a deal with the little lady. I do what I want with the HT room & basement. The rest is her's.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
06-19-2006, 06:36 AM
Seems like a fair trade to me. You buy this stuff and all it'll cost you are your balls and self respect. How imprtant are those???

Da Worfster

I like my balls and self respect:yesnod:

JohnMichael
06-19-2006, 07:03 AM
Nasty, nasty, nasty. It might be a good way to hide a sound system in a funeral parlor.

Worf101
06-20-2006, 06:12 AM
Nasty, nasty, nasty. It might be a good way to hide a sound system in a funeral parlor.
"Fisher and Sons" ROTFLMBBAO . That was some funny chit right there bud...

LOL!!

Da Worfster

Worf101
06-20-2006, 06:13 AM
I like my balls and self respect:yesnod:You may now keep them...

LOL..

Da Worfster

nightflier
06-21-2006, 04:08 PM
I was looking at Maggies specifically because they had on-wall models. But reading all the difficulties associated with getting them to sound right, I've come to the conclusion that I just won't be happy owning anything less than towers. So in looking for some narrow, easily movable towers that still had a modicum of bass, I stumbled across the Odyssey Nightingales and Circes. I showed a picture to the wife and she actually liked them. They certainly seem like contendors for "best looking budget speaker" in my book.

Anyhow, I contacted Klaus about these and he told me of another solution he had been working on:

www.artandaudiofusion.com

If these don't score some WAF points, then I don't know what will. They have better specs than Martin Logan and Vienna's aluminum-trekkie-techno-Jetsons on-wall speakers, and could even better the Nightingales/Circes, albeit at twice the price. Heck, if you're artistic, you can even send them your own artwork to silk-screen on them (although I don't think the SI calendar stuff will score you any WAF points).

The Tahitijack
06-23-2006, 09:08 AM
These will be off the market within 24 months.

1. The subwoofer trunk is bound to rattle, creek and muffle the sound.

2. Build quality looks third rate at best so most folks will not want this stuff in their home. How dumb is it for fake books to have speaker wire leading out the back?

3. Returned goods from dissatified customers will become too costly to continue this line of audio furniture.

Disgusing speakers has been tried and never been successful. Anyone own thin line speakers covered with art?

thekid
06-23-2006, 09:34 AM
WAF solved????

In terms of difficult quesions I place the WAF question next to the Riddle of the Ages and the String Theory........

The WAF around my house seems to change about once a month......

MikeyBC
06-23-2006, 08:24 PM
Those things do not comply with the HAF at all !!

nightflier
06-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried to silk-screen a design on the screens of Acoustats/Magnepans or similar speakers?