Jbl L-19 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jbl L-19

likeitloud
06-17-2006, 09:01 PM
I just got a pair of these cheap, I've never listened to a pair. How do the compare to
8" driver units from back in the day, and how do they stack up today. I'm planning on
replacing some things if they have a good rep. I've read they were a very good bookself
in the late 70's/early 80's. Thanks in advance:2:

Pioneer VSX1015TX
JBL Northridge E150 Powered Sub
JBL 4410A Studio Monitors(Front)
JBL Northridge E30(Surrounds)
JBL Cinema Vison CVCEN50 Center
JBL Northridge Satellites(Back Channel)
Pioneer Elite DV45A DVDA/SACD
Panasonic DVD F86K
Sony RCD W500C CD PLAYER/REC
AR Interconnects
Cobalt 14G Wire
Sanus Stands
XBOX 360 (Just Added)

As Long As My Brain And Fingers Work I'm Cool...Edward Van Halen

emaidel
06-19-2006, 05:03 AM
The L-19's were introduced around 1978 and were consumer versions of a popular JBL "professional" studio monitor, whose model number I don't fully recall. They were decent, small bookshelf speakers, and capable of tremendous amounts of power. I was selling JBL speakers at the time, and was all but blown away when i visited the JBL factory while a factory person was switching through a series of different models, and when the L-19's were turned on, and were playing at an extraordinarily high level, they worked absolutely effortlessly. I don't remember the price point at which they sold, but many felt it was a bit steep for an 8", 2-way system. Still, the speakers performed very, very well. If you got a pair "cheap" as you say, then enjoy!

likeitloud
06-19-2006, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the info. I'm going to invest some time and money into these and match
them with the 4410's I have. I really like vintage speakers, and they should be a good
addition. Tks