A pretty decent boom box w/ aux input [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A pretty decent boom box w/ aux input

3-LockBox
06-15-2006, 02:12 PM
I know this should go into the equipment review section, (and maybe I'll post there too), but since its about music:

I was at an outdoor BBQ last saturday (where I debuted KINO and someone asked if it was ASIA) and the music was being played on a Milwaukee Tools outdoor boom box stereo radio. It has an aux input jack for a portable device as well as electronic EQ settings.

http://www.milwaukeeconnect.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=27&catalogId=40027&langId=-1&mainCategoryId=127418&fromSearch=Y&productId=333822&parentProd=333821

Now I know you're thinking, BFD...there are lots of radios like that, but this radio has a better than average output, can operate off of most any value of power tool battery (provided its a Milwaukee battery) and best of all, its rugged as hell. I've heard stories of this thing getting knocked off of platforms two stories high and falling down a flight of concrete stairs, spilling out of the back of a pick-up going about 40 MPH, and still working perfectly.

This thing lasted around 12 hours on an 18v battery before any noticable change in output volume occured. The newer models are supposed to have even more features, and usually aren't any more expensive that a Sony or JVC boombox, except if you drop these from about waste high, they're toast.

Finch Platte
06-15-2006, 07:47 PM
I was at an outdoor BBQ last saturday (where I debuted KINO and someone asked if it was ASIA) and the music was being played on a Milwaukee Tools outdoor boom box stereo radio. It has an aux input jack for a portable device as well as electronic EQ settings.

It's a just a frickin' radio. Who wants to hear today's radio? And if you want to hear something else, you have to bring a CD player, MP3 player, whatever? What a pain. Yeah, I can see this happening at the job site: "I brought my IPod, and it's got 53 hours of Bob Seeger, plug it in!"

"No, plug my MP3 player in- I've got 96 hours of Lynyrd Skynyrd boots!!"

It's just a frickin' radio. I guarantee you could drop a Sony or a JVC radio and they'd work just fine. Oh, this works off Milwaukee batteries, you say? Just another thing to plug in. "Anyone got a charged battery so we can hear a straight day's worth of Foreigner?"

And... "Waste" high, huh? Are we talking about a 33 gallon container, or something that fits grocery bags? Be specific, man!

And what an insult!! "Is that ASIA???" :lol:

:devil:

fp

3-LockBox
06-15-2006, 10:44 PM
It's a just a frickin' radio. Who wants to hear today's radio? And if you want to hear something else, you have to bring a CD player, MP3 player, whatever? What a pain.

Hey, aren't there some school kids cutting through your yard you could be yelling at?

Have an extra Prozac

:D

Defshep
06-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Hey, aren't there some school kids cutting through your yard you could be yelling at?

Have an extra Prozac

Heh, heh.

Defshep
06-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Good boomboxes are hard to find. I don't care about having an ipod.

3-LockBox
06-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Good boomboxes are hard to find. I don't care about having an ipod.

You don't have to own an Ipod. Any old portable MP3 player or Discman will do...

KEXPMF
06-20-2006, 10:00 AM
I never find todays boomboxes with aux ports for mp3 or cd players. I've always wondered why they don't make those anymore, to cut costs I'm guessing? I have a 20+ year old Panasonic boom box with an aux input for my cd player or ipod. Nothing else works on this thing, but the sound is GREAT. If I ever find another one like this thing, I'm buying it.

nobody
06-20-2006, 03:02 PM
I actually like those Milwaukee radios too. But, Bosch makes one that I think sounds even better and has an integrated CD player.

And, yup, the ones made for construction sites are way more durable than the typical ones.