Wanted; Information [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wanted; Information

likeitloud
06-15-2006, 01:17 PM
I know there are some JBL users out there, has anyone heard of a jbl tlx2 center.
Some guy was having a yard sale on my block, and it caught my eye(always looking
for gear). Anyway, There is zero online about it, except foreign entries, so it might have been released in europe. It was only 25 bucks, and it sounds pretty good, and was in
great shape. It can't be that old. Thanks in advance

Pioneer VSX1015TX
JBL Northridege E150 Powered Sub
JBL 4410A Studio Monitors(Front)
JBL Northridge E30(Surrounds)
JBL Cinema Vison CVCEN50 Center
JBL Northridge Satellites(Back Channel)
Pioneer Elite DV45A DVDA/SACD
Panasonic DVD F86K
Sony RCD W500C CD PLAYER/REC
AR Interconnects
Cobalt 14G Wire
Sanus Stands

As Long As My Brain And Fingers Work I'm Cool...Edward Van Halen

markw
06-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Go to http://www'jbl.com

Go to "Products"

Go to "Product Finder"

Type in TLX2

Play around. I forget the exact sequence but you'll eventually wind up with a list of products and if you scroll down, you'll find it.

Click on it.

You'll be able to download an owner's manual in.pdf format.

filecat13
06-15-2006, 07:51 PM
http://jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=TLXCENTER2&CheckProduct=Y

It was an entry-level center channel speaker in the late '90s. The Ti laminate tweeter is its best aspect, but it's pleasing enough overall and a step up from the low cost TLX Center 1. It should blend well enough with your Northridge gear.

Your price was definitely a good deal.

likeitloud
06-16-2006, 02:21 AM
Thanks so much for the info, I found it on the jbl web site. I wired it up, and its not bad.
It seems the TLX series was not very popular, according to some reviews I found, as
far as floor standing and bookself mains. Like all speaker companies, they put out
bad designs, so it makes everything in there product line sound bad. I'm gonna keep
it and use it in my bedroom rig, when its done, Tks to everyone for the research.
AR FORUMS ROCK