Anyone watching the Stanley Cup? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching the Stanley Cup?

bobsticks
06-15-2006, 04:33 AM
While I have been watching out of a sense of tradition, not loyalty for either of the teams, IMO last night's game was one of the better contests in a while. Grit, determination, generally solid defensive positional play for both teams. Too bad it ended on such a miscue...

markw
06-15-2006, 05:58 AM
Where's your sense of priorties, man? ;)

Go Brasil!!!

kexodusc
06-15-2006, 06:47 AM
This year's hockey playoffs have been the most entertaining installment of recent years - probably since the Rangers won in 1994? Even better than March Madness!
WOW...usually when my teams lose early I quit watching, but I was hooked this year.

World Cup is great too though, Brazil is obviously the favorite, but don't count out England and even Germany! There's always surprises - like the US getting it handed to them...

I'm rooting for Australia as my underdog team this year.

markw
06-15-2006, 07:33 AM
There's always surprises - like the US getting it handed to them...Croatia took us out in the first round.

dean_martin
06-15-2006, 09:47 AM
Croatia took us out in the first round.

Yeah, geez, that looked like a first round NCAA basketball tournament game where the #1 seed blows out the #16. Does the US even stand a chance against Italy?

Hadn't been keepin' up with Stanley Cup. As a sports fan, generally, I usually know at least which round they're in, etc. I'm ashamed to say I'm clueless so far this year.

kexodusc
06-15-2006, 09:54 AM
Carolina looks to be winning the Stanley Cup this year, up 3-2 over Edmonton (was 3-1 until last night)....First Cup for the Hartford/Carolina franchise if the pull it off.

Croatia was no slouch team, so there's no shame losing - just shame losing the way we lost. Sometimes these big setbacks turn into the pathway to great things. And no, I don't see any chance against Italy. But then, I picked US over Croatia so what do I know?

dean_martin
06-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Croatia was no slouch team, so there's no shame losing - just shame losing the way we lost. Sometimes these big setbacks turn into the pathway to great things. And no, I don't see any chance against Italy. But then, I picked US over Croatia so what do I know?

It looked like the US didn't even have a game plan to execute. Several players have been called out, but I'm wondering whether Bruce Arena is the only guy in the US who knows anything about coaching soccer.

ForeverAutumn
06-18-2006, 04:20 AM
I've been watching the Stanley Cup games. It's been a great series! Unfortunately, due to a family BBQ commitment, we weren't able to tune into last nights game until about halfway through the third period.

Monday night is our wedding anniversary (12 happy years). We've already cancelled our dinner reservations so that we can hit the pub to watch The Game instead. The big fancy-pants dinner will have to wait until next weekend...when, hopefully, we can expand the celebration to include an Edmonton win! :biggrin5:

bobsticks
06-18-2006, 06:46 AM
That's dedication, FA--gotta love it. Up to this point, I have been without preference as both teams have young goalies, talented rookies, and some veterans chasing their first cup. I'll go ahead and lend my hopes and wishes to Edmonton ( and whatever the hell karma that'll get you); maybe you'll have another cause for celebration. Happy anniversary.

Cheers

Fergymunster
06-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Now if they could play hockey that way ever night.I liked that byndamor got a bone crushing hit!