A new toy [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A new toy

GMichael
06-14-2006, 11:41 AM
to add to my wish list. Is this for real?

http://www.higherfi.com/RockportSerius4_web.jpg

JohnMichael
06-14-2006, 12:09 PM
to add to my wish list. Is this for real?

http://www.higherfi.com/RockportSerius4_web.jpg

Yes it is but there are now two turntable that are more expensive. Clearaudio's statement table and one from Continuum Audio Labs. Kick that toy list up a notch.

GMichael
06-14-2006, 12:14 PM
How many days for it to stop spinning?

noddin0ff
06-14-2006, 12:17 PM
How does that 'police' radar check the speed. Is the table bouncing up and down? I can hear it now..."Officer, what do you mean I was going 45 in a 33 1/3 zone?"

JohnMichael
06-14-2006, 12:26 PM
How many days for it to stop spinning?

Do you mean the ttable or our eyes from spinning after seeing the price tags.

E-Stat
06-16-2006, 03:46 AM
Yes it is but there are now two turntable that are more expensive. Clearaudio's statement table and one from Continuum Audio Labs. Kick that toy list up a notch.
There is another magnetically driven platter unit like the Clearaudio available for a mere $13k. I heard the EAR table this past weekend. It's kinda cool - the motor assembly turns a very powerful magnet. The platter has a corresponding magnet underneath. It turns, therefore, without touching anything at all! It sounded rather nice on the Seacliff system.
rw

JohnMichael
06-16-2006, 06:54 AM
There is another magnetically driven platter unit like the Clearaudio available for a mere $13k. I heard the EAR table this past weekend. It's kinda cool - the motor assembly turns a very powerful magnet. The platter has a corresponding magnet underneath. It turns, therefore, without touching anything at all! It sounded rather nice on the Seacliff system.
rw

I have read very good things about the EAR table. Tim P. designs some nice gear. Early reports are it's the table to own if you do not have a spare $100,000.00. Oh wait I do not have a spare $13,000.00. Guess I will have to enjoy the modded Rega for now. How is Harry and how exciting for you to hear that system?

E-Stat
06-16-2006, 07:35 AM
I have read very good things about the EAR table. Tim P. designs some nice gear. Early reports are it's the table to own if you do not have a spare $100,000.00. Oh wait I do not have a spare $13,000.00. Guess I will have to enjoy the modded Rega for now. How is Harry and how exciting for you to hear that system?
He's as intense as usual! This trip I made it a point to listen to the Super Maggie system to really get a handle on multi-channel. I made mention of that in another thread. Naturally, he played cuts from his sampler available on Telarc.

Listening to the 45 RPM version of The Firebird on the EAR table was incredible. The big Nolas create an enormous soundspace and dynamic range.

It is always a treat to visit Seacliff to hear the latest stuff he has. I still remember the very first time I visited him back in 1980 when he had the IRS speakers.

rw

GMichael
06-16-2006, 07:45 AM
This hobby is insane.:idea:

JohnMichael
06-16-2006, 09:42 AM
This hobby is insane.:idea:

Must be why I was attracted to it. :out:

GMichael
06-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Must be why I was attracted to it. :out:

Are you saying that... uh.. nevermind.