Outlaw Audio ICBM-1 questions [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw Audio ICBM-1 questions

PmR
01-29-2004, 09:53 PM
I was considering getting one of these units to use in concert with a Pioneer DV-563A. My main question regards how this unit would hook up with my system. Right now I have a 5.1 setup with a Yamaha RX-V1300. The receiver has 6 analog inputs which makes it compatible with hi-res audio.

If I want to hook up the ICBM-1 to the DVD player, should I be running the analog outputs of the DVD player into the ICBM-1 and running the outputs of the ICBM-1 into the analog inputs of the Yamaha receiver? If so, does that mean that I am giving up the DD/DTS decoders in the Yamaha for playback of DVD movies? Ideally, I would hope that the ICBM-1 could be multi-functional, acting as a cross-over for all three modes of play.

Secondly, could both my CD player and my Universal both be hooked up through the ICBM-1?

Is it possible to simply ouput all sound from the Yamaha through the ICBM-1 and then run the connections to the individual speakers? My main, center and surrounds are all hooked up by banana plugs to the receiver and it doesn't look like the ICBM-1 allows for this type of connection

Raj

Bryan
01-30-2004, 05:35 AM
Best advice I can give you is to post this question on the Outlaw ICBM forum (http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/cgi-local/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=ICBM+Discussion+Center&number=13&DaysPrune=1000&LastLogin=). They will be able to let you know one way or the other.