bfd won't give me any signal [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : bfd won't give me any signal

agtpunx40
01-29-2004, 08:47 PM
I just got my bfd a little while ago, and now when I have it hooked up, I can't get it to register any signal from my reciever. I tried adjusting the sub level on the reciever, and tried the cords, I tried using inputs (and matching outputs) 1 and 2 ong the bfd, I can't get any sound out out of my sub through the bfd. According to the online guide I was looking at http://www.snapbug.ws/bfd.htm I should be getting the leds on the display to light up to show the level, but I'm getting nothing. Just two horizontal lines on the far left of the display. I have it hooked up using 2 rca to 1/4" stereo (tps) adapters, like the manual said. Is my unit defective, or am I missing something. I know some people here have used one, any suggestions?

agtpunx40
01-29-2004, 09:37 PM
I should have just posted this, but here's a copy of my email to the behringer service info department which tells the specifics.

I recently bought a feedback destroyer for use as a parametric eq for my home theater subwoofer after numerous recomendations. After hooking it up, however, I cannot get response from my sub while the signal is passing through the feedback destroyer. When it is turned on, the filter lights flash, but no matter what the level of sound going into the unit is, I get no reading on the output level monitor on the left of the display.

Woochifer
01-30-2004, 05:54 PM
I just got my bfd a little while ago, and now when I have it hooked up, I can't get it to register any signal from my reciever. I tried adjusting the sub level on the reciever, and tried the cords, I tried using inputs (and matching outputs) 1 and 2 ong the bfd, I can't get any sound out out of my sub through the bfd. According to the online guide I was looking at http://www.snapbug.ws/bfd.htm I should be getting the leds on the display to light up to show the level, but I'm getting nothing. Just two horizontal lines on the far left of the display. I have it hooked up using 2 rca to 1/4" stereo (tps) adapters, like the manual said. Is my unit defective, or am I missing something. I know some people here have used one, any suggestions?

Probably the simplest thing to try is the IN/OUT button, which is the bypass switch. If your BFD is connected properly, that IN/OUT button should pass the subwoofer signal with no signal processing. If you can hear something with the bypass engaged, then your sub signal is inaudible because a filter of some kind is active that cuts off the signal in the bass range. If you still can't hear anything with the bypass engaged, then you need to try directly connecting the sub out to the subwoofer and see if you're getting signal that way. If not, then the BFD is not the problem, it's either your receiver or subwoofer.

Also, you need to make sure that the input and output on the back of the BFD are using the same channel. In the back, you should also have the output level switch set to +4 db, not the default -10 db setting.

Another simple thing to try initially is to toggle the jog wheel onto filter #4. By default, that filter setting is preset to the parametric mode and should pass the signal. The other filters have the defaults set for the feedback reduction and auto EQ functions.