Davey's mystery disc: finally! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Davey's mystery disc: finally!

3-LockBox
06-11-2006, 12:10 PM
We were cleaning out the garage a couple of weeks ago and came across some misplaced mail___in it was a package from Davey: his mystery disc (and another disc which has yet to be played). I finally got around to playing it yesterday and I was quite surprised that it didn't suck. It wasn't the usual brand of one-note indie, psuedo-psychadelic garage/punk band stuff that got way outta hand a few years back.

So who is it? I'm sure its already been covered here before but I don't wanna search and it ain't like I'm taking up space here.

Davey
06-11-2006, 01:16 PM
To tell the truth, I'm not quite sure what you got. Most people got the Voyager One disc called "Dissolver", but I think only one person really liked it besides myself. I do seem to recall you being last on my delivery list, and running out of Voyager One copies, and all the packages already sealed, and my original disc loaned to a friend, so I might've hit you with My Morning Jacket "Z" instead. Good disc, if so. Probably should consider yourself lucky for being last :)

Should have CD-TEXT with artist/album/song titles if you pop it in the computer and open a CD-TEXT app like EAC or HACP, or some Sony CDP models. Probably show up in any CDDB-enabled app too if you are online. Might've also included a copy of my Holiday Mixer 2005, or some other comp. Can't recall now and didn't record what went in some of the packs.

Glad you found it, but if ever I'm tempted to send something your way again, remind me of this one, OK? http://forums.audioreview.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

BradH
06-11-2006, 02:39 PM
...and my original disc loaned to a friend...

WHAT?!?! Why do you keep doing that?

Davey
06-11-2006, 04:18 PM
WHAT?!?! Why do you keep doing that?
Hey thanks, that's a cool one Brad! Wish I remembered where I stole that picture from. Wish I was artistic enough to make pictures like that myself (or music like that, now that would be even cooler). Think I still need to gather up some stuff and work out that trade we were talking some about a while back.