NOT fake high-end (pt.2) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : NOT fake high-end (pt.2)

bobsticks
06-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Hey all,
Obviously, there has been much discussion of late regarding fake high-end scams online. I just wanted to drop a line recommending one of my new haunts. Audio Solutions is called "labriynthofquality" on e-bay. The shop is located about four miles down the road from me in downtown Indy, and so, it has been very easy for me to "develop a relationship" with these guys. For the record, this is where I picked up my MLs and I know they've sold three other pairs of MLs this month.
The proprietors Graham and Dave are stand-up guys and particularly service-oriented. The first two levels of the store house quite a variety of high-end gear--tubes,panels,boxes,SS,etc. The third level is their new pet-project devoted to recordings--reel-to-reel, cd, lp, etc.
Anyway, with so much discourse on the perils of online purchases, I wanted to give my suport to these gentlemen...and no, I am not an employee, nor an affiliate, just a satisfied customer.
Cheers and happy hunting

squeegy200
06-14-2006, 01:02 PM
on the same positive note, SLBenz is also selling a nice set of 1.5s on eBay.

likeitloud
09-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Hey all,
Obviously, there has been much discussion of late regarding fake high-end scams online. I just wanted to drop a line recommending one of my new haunts. Audio Solutions is called "labriynthofquality" on e-bay. The shop is located about four miles down the road from me in downtown Indy, and so, it has been very easy for me to "develop a relationship" with these guys. For the record, this is where I picked up my MLs and I know they've sold three other pairs of MLs this month.
The proprietors Graham and Dave are stand-up guys and particularly service-oriented. The first two levels of the store house quite a variety of high-end gear--tubes,panels,boxes,SS,etc. The third level is their new pet-project devoted to recordings--reel-to-reel, cd, lp, etc.
Anyway, with so much discourse on the perils of online purchases, I wanted to give my suport to these gentlemen...and no, I am not an employee, nor an affiliate, just a satisfied customer.
Cheers and happy hunting

Thanks for the info man, good to know there are good trustworthy shops out there.
Around here, if you take in your stuff for a simple bench test, they f#@k your gear
up. If they got a web page, how bout throwing it out there, I have some vintage
crossovers I want updated with up-to-date caps, and some binding posts. If your
recommending them, I'm there. Later

slbenz
08-14-2007, 01:22 PM
on the same positive note, SLBenz is also selling a nice set of 1.5s on eBay.

They definitely were a nice set. Purchased a box from Magnepan to ship them in and upgraded to a set of Magnepan IIIa speakers. Eventually bought another pair of IIIas use you as rear surrounds in my 5.1 system. I guess I am a Magnepan fan for life, especially of their true ribbons.

Slbenz