Legendary Receiver [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Receiver

Geoffcin
06-08-2006, 09:03 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/MARANTZ-2600-Receiver-from-the-70s_W0QQitemZ9736793024QQihZ008QQcategoryZ50591QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem

JohnMichael
06-08-2006, 10:24 AM
The receiver looks very nice. The latest bid had already outbid me.

Geoffcin
06-08-2006, 10:55 AM
The receiver looks very nice. The latest bid had already outbid me.

Outbid me too!

GMichael
06-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Did you see the speakers he was driving with this?

bobsticks
06-08-2006, 12:00 PM
That is absolutely beautiful.
I remember in the late seventies, my Grandfather was semi-retired from Air Force Intelligence and working for Eli-Lilly and in his office he had some Marantz gear, a tt, and some Bozaks (I think). I can still smell the pipe smoke and hear the Mozart.
Ultimately, after years of bs lifestyle microsystems it was the combined desire to move into home theater and the rememberances of that amazing fidelity that got me into this hobby--definately a soft spot in my heart for the vintage stuff.
Come on guys, give me a break. You characters are gonna have me buiding another damned system...

Cheers,
M

JohnMichael
06-09-2006, 11:49 AM
That is absolutely beautiful.
I remember in the late seventies, my Grandfather was semi-retired from Air Force Intelligence and working for Eli-Lilly and in his office he had some Marantz gear, a tt, and some Bozaks (I think). I can still smell the pipe smoke and hear the Mozart.
Ultimately, after years of bs lifestyle microsystems it was the combined desire to move into home theater and the rememberances of that amazing fidelity that got me into this hobby--definately a soft spot in my heart for the vintage stuff.
Come on guys, give me a break. You characters are gonna have me buiding another damned system...

Cheers,
M

It would be great to set up a completely vinatge system in a den. A great old turntable with a vintage receiver or pre and power amps combined with a nice vintage pair of speakers. I could imagine some AR's or early KEF's.

bobsticks
06-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Oh, I see what you're tryin' to do here, sir. JohnMichael you are an evil, evil, man:)

royphil345
06-17-2006, 05:16 AM
One of the questions from buyers was about another user duplicating the auction. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same guy using 2 stolen IDs. Forget eBay!!! If you absolutely must use eBay, ALWAYS pay by PayPal with a credit card that will reverse PayPal charges if need be. Call your credit card issuer first to make sure!!!