Shill? Store info...... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Shill? Store info......

bonsaiguitar
06-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Nice way to welcome a new member. I have a registered email address you could have contacted me about this. Why the removal of the thread? This is a legit question. Really.

Geoffcin
06-06-2006, 02:02 PM
Nice way to welcome s new member. I have a registered email address you could have contacted me about. Why the removal of the thread? This is a legit question.

I assume your asking wether any Audioreview member has had problems with that store.

Oh, the Klipsh are made in China already....

bonsaiguitar
06-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Yes, does anybody have experience with New York Wholesale Audio Video?

Also, Klipsh is not made in China, but maybe counterfiets are?

Geoffcin
06-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Yes, does anybody have experience with New York Wholesale Audio Video?

Also, Klipsh is not made in China, but maybe counterfiets are?

I may be thinking of their computer speakers, those are the only ones I've heard in a while.

bonsaiguitar
06-06-2006, 02:14 PM
I may be thinking of their computer speakers, those are the only ones I've heard in a while.

Then again maybe they are. I was told USA for the reference series today at a local dealer. The problem with this is with China they don't play by the rules. You should see the number of fake Gibson guitar on Ebay now shipping from China. Not a real one in the lot and they quality is very bad. I hope this isn't what's happening to Klipsch.

Why was my thread locked?

njspeer
06-06-2006, 02:14 PM
what the hell are we talking about?

bonsaiguitar
06-06-2006, 02:17 PM
what the hell are we talking about?
LMAO Well if the original thread wasn't deleted we would all know. I was inquiring about an online store with Klipsch RF-82' for $650 shipped from NY to SC. Sounds too good to be true. What do you think?

markw
06-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Nice way to welcome s new member. I have a registered email address you could have contacted me about. Why the removal of the thread? This is a legit question.They register and then their first and only post(s) are blurbs for a particular store and/or website. The store varies but the method stays the same.

If you are sincere about joining the party (by posting this question and it DOES appear you are(, give it another try. I'm pretty sure that within a few days you'll see what I'm talking about. ...but, the moderator who deletes these is pretty quick on the draw.

As you browse these forums, you may find detritus of these posts that have been removed.

Again, welcome and sorry about the rough beginning.

Markw (a nobody here)

bonsaiguitar
06-06-2006, 02:25 PM
They register and then their first and only post(s) are blurbs for a particular store and/or website. The store varies but the method stays the same.

If you are sincere about joining the party (by posting this question and it DOES appear you are(, give it another try. I'm pretty sure that within a few days you'll see what I'm talking about. ...but, the moderator who deletes these is pretty quick on the draw.

As you browse these forums, you may find detritus of these posts that have been removed.

Again, welcome and sorry about the rough beginning.

Markw (a nobody here)

Thanks markw. It's also a bit rude to delete without reason. I even used my real name and POP3 mail account when registering. There's nothing about shill doing a search or reading the site policy, FAQ's, and rules so it's a bit odd to see this.

Anywho. They have all these package deals listed, so I had to call for a price on the RF-82's. The guy answering is originally from China ( I'm not a racist my wife of 25 years is Korean) so right away I'm thinking these guys are doing the same this to Klipsch that they're doing to Gibson guitars. We all know China never signed the trade agreement so they can counterfiet whatever they like. Doens't anybody think that $650 shipped is a bit low for Klipsch RF-82's (PAIR)?

JohnMichael
06-06-2006, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE=bonsaiguitar]Thanks markw. It's also a bit rude to delete without reason. I even used my real name and POP3 mail account when registering. There's nothing about shill doing a search or reading the site policy, FAQ's, and rules so it's a bit odd to see this.

Hello. I did send you a PM about the reason I deleted it. I also just received your e-mail. I undeleted the post and want to welcome you to AR. It is a great place but we do get folks who try to use it for personal gain. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

bonsaiguitar
06-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks johnmichael. I never received the PM or email.

Does anybody think this price is on the up and up?

paul_pci
06-06-2006, 03:27 PM
One potential problem is that while they may be "real" they won't necessarily be "authorized" in that Klipsch won't recognize or honor any warranty express or implied by the sale through an unauthorized dealer. However, there are those consumers out there willing to roll the dice just to save some money. Thus, you have to ask yourself is you are one of those, and if having peace of mind is more important than saving money.

bonsaiguitar
06-06-2006, 03:37 PM
I've found a store with a price I can live with that is an authorized Klipsch dealer. That's who I'll more than likely go with. Of course having to wait a week or two for them to get them in stock in black and seeing a price around $200 less has to make one wonder.

topspeed
06-06-2006, 04:29 PM
If it sounds too good to be true...

Geoffcin
06-06-2006, 04:37 PM
I've found a store with a price I can live with that is an authorized Klipsch dealer. That's who I'll more than likely go with. Of course having to wait a week or two for them to get them in stock in black and seeing a price around $200 less has to make one wonder.

Factory seconds, but with full warrentee;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Reference-RF-7-Floorstanding-Speakers-Cherry_W0QQitemZ9737243839QQcategoryZ61378QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

markw
06-07-2006, 03:26 AM
Here's the latest shill posting, as of 06/07/06 @ 07:25 edst

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=18014

bonsaiguitar
06-07-2006, 04:23 AM
If it sounds too good to be true...

Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't. Thus the post.

bonsaiguitar
06-07-2006, 04:25 AM
Factory seconds, but with full warrentee;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Reference-RF-7-Floorstanding-Speakers-Cherry_W0QQitemZ9737243839QQcategoryZ61378QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

I've been watching those too. I prefer the RF-82's and something new.

bonsaiguitar
06-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Just received and email from Klipsch that basicly says these guys are not to be trusted. The speakers may have been altered or might not be the real deal.

Guess this thread is dead. Thanks for the input.

paul_pci
06-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Stick around for a while and you'l see that a poster finding resolution to his/her question is rarely the end of the threat because you just can't shut us up. The question of patronizing unauthorized retailers for the sake of saving money can be quite the hot potato around here.

bonsaiguitar
06-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Stick around for a while and you'l see that a poster finding resolution to his/her question is rarely the end of the threat because you just can't shut us up. The question of patronizing unauthorized retailers for the sake of saving money can be quite the hot potato around here.

Now that all being said I'm buying a set of RF82's, brand new, in the box, with full warranty for $854 shipped to my door over the phone. Saving $50 for beer money. Can't get my Internet to work. ;)

bonsaiguitar
06-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Let me just add what I found out. There was a big problem with dealers buying large lots then selling them online DBA (doing business as) someone else to get around the no online sales rule. Of course they couldn't offer the warranty but the prices were way lower. These were real speakers minus the warranty.

The manufacturer had their retained lawyers get most of this stopped but obviously there are a couple of these online stores still doing this. Klipsch claims the speakers have been disassymbled and reassymbled (why). My guess is they say this only to discourage one from buying them.

So the moral of the story is if it looks too good to be true it just might be true, depending on how you look at it.

bfalls
06-08-2006, 07:14 AM
I went to a Klipsch Pilgrimage a couple of years ago at their Engineering offices in Indianapolis IN. They stated many speakers in the Klipsch line are manufactured outside the US. Particularly the speakers with plastic cases or baffles. At the time they were talking about their THX certified mini-systems and multi-media, but I see the same materials in their newer speaker lines. I'd be hesitant of the China Klipsch'. They may look like a duck and walk like a duck, but I bet it wouldn't sound like a duck. Rotsa Ruck!

bonsaiguitar
06-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Here's a link to an article about the problem Klipsch had with resellers selling online.
http://www.stereophile.com/news/042604klipsch/index.html

None of the Klipsch Reference or Heritage lines are made in China, only USA. If they were made in China there would be serious problems with counterfeits. The lower cost Synergy and multimedia are, but there would not be enough profit on these to tempt counterfeiters.