Refurbishing Thiel CS3 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Refurbishing Thiel CS3

Olivertmc
06-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Hi all. I recently was given a pair of Thiel CS3's from my father-in-law. They are not in the greatest shape, but I want to try to refurbish them myself. Some of the damage includes dented dust caps, destroyed grills, and numerous scratches and chips all over the cabinets. I think I can figure out how to fix the caps and I'll probably need to order new grills direct from Thiel, but I'm not sure how to repair the damage to the cabinet. They are finished in a matte black. Any suggestions? Also, is it worth opening these up to try and clean up the interior components as well? Thanks.

Geoffcin
06-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Hi all. I recently was given a pair of Thiel CS3's from my father-in-law. They are not in the greatest shape, but I want to try to refurbish them myself. Some of the damage includes dented dust caps, destroyed grills, and numerous scratches and chips all over the cabinets. I think I can figure out how to fix the caps and I'll probably need to order new grills direct from Thiel, but I'm not sure how to repair the damage to the cabinet. They are finished in a matte black. Any suggestions? Also, is it worth opening these up to try and clean up the interior components as well? Thanks.
I would call Theil and ask what they would recommend.