Moved? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Moved?

Mr Peabody
06-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Why was the thread about the Sony SACD moved from this forum titled "General AUDIO" but yet right under it you leave a thread called "Greatest R&R albums"??? Shouldn't that be moved to the Rave Recordings forum? On a forum with "General" in it's title there is bound to be some topic overlap as in most of the forums. You have me puzzled on this one.

Florian
06-04-2006, 02:40 AM
Thats a good question........:idea:

-Flo

paul_pci
06-04-2006, 09:29 AM
I don't think questions about Cd players, for instance, should be moved to a less trafficed forum; let's face it: who visits the Digital Domain forum? It doesn't serve much to do so.

Geoffcin
06-04-2006, 10:43 AM
I don't think questions about Cd players, for instance, should be moved to a less trafficed forum; let's face it: who visits the Digital Domain forum? It doesn't serve much to do so.

It's less trafficed simply because people are posting to the wrong forum.

audio_dude
06-04-2006, 11:22 AM
how ironic, now this post has been moved...lmao

paul_pci
06-04-2006, 01:18 PM
It's less trafficed simply because people are posting to the wrong forum.

With all due respect, if a question is moved to an untrafficed forum, that question is unlikely to be answered and turn off new members/users.

Geoffcin
06-04-2006, 01:23 PM
With all due respect, if a question is moved to an untrafficed forum, that question is unlikely to be answered and turn off new members/users.

I beg to differ. If a SPECIFIC question is posted to the wrong forum, then it will NOT get answered. Especially in high traffic forums where it can get buried quickly.

Oh, thanks for the respect, moderators don't often get that around here.

Florian
06-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Your still a Moderator? How come you told me that you are not a Moderator anymore?

-Flo

Geoffcin
06-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Your still a Moderator? How come you told me that you are not a Moderator anymore?

-Flo

I was going to ask you the same question. Didn't you say you were moving on?

Florian
06-04-2006, 01:37 PM
I was going to ask you the same question. Didn't you say you were moving on?

At least i have the guts to say what i really think! You could have told me that your sick of me, and have no interest in getting anything done in the planar section. All you had to do was make 2 Stickys! But you didnt feel like doing it because you cant stand me.

-Flo

Geoffcin
06-04-2006, 01:40 PM
At least i have the guts to say what i really think! You could have told me that your sick of me, and have no interest in getting anything done in the planar section. All you had to do was make 2 Stickys! But you didnt feel like doing it because you cant stand me.

-Flo

A little touchy aren't we Flo? It's not you that I can't stand, it's arrogent stuck up know-it-alls that really make me ill. Know any?

Mr Peabody
06-04-2006, 01:43 PM
It just seems to me that if you are going to be sorting out the posts that you should have some consistency about it. To me I didn't think nothing of seeing a post about SACD on a General Audio forum where the one about albums stuck out like a sore thumb. It makes it look like the moderators have favorism with members.

Geoffcin
06-04-2006, 01:47 PM
It just seems to me that if you are going to be sorting out the posts that you should have some consistency about it. To me I didn't think nothing of seeing a post about SACD on a General Audio forum where the one about albums stuck out like a sore thumb. It makes it look like the moderators have favorism with members.
Or some kind of punishment. It wasn't even dreamed of like that.

Florian
06-04-2006, 01:48 PM
A little touchy aren't we Flo? It's not you that I can't stand, it's arrogent stuck up know-it-alls that really make me ill. Know any?
Nope, i am cool. I find it arrogant that you think your in a position to question my answeres and tips. But considering the last post made....ill hush up now. Many many members write me, accept my tips and visit me.

Anyway, have a good one!

Geoffcin
06-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Nope, i am cool. I find it arrogant that you think your in a position to question my answeres and tips. But considering the last post made....ill hush up now. Many many members write me, accept my tips and visit me.

Anyway, have a good one!

I'ld like for you to show me where I questioned your answers to ANY question? I'm happy you decided to stay with Audioreview, we can use the help.

Florian
06-04-2006, 01:55 PM
I'ld like for you to show me where I questioned your answers to ANY question? I'm happy you decided to stay with Audioreview, we can use the help.

We PM'd many times where i asked for help on Stickys. I wrote Ericl and got no help there. I will call it quits now but please know that i only try to help here. I restrict myself to the planar section, unless i see spam somwhere.

-Flo

Florian
06-04-2006, 02:01 PM
BTW.....I just saw you had the small dcs dac...thats a good one! Any plans of moving up the dcs line someday?

Geoffcin
06-04-2006, 02:05 PM
I stuck the thread in question in the Digital forum so it will be on top for all to see. That should give it pleny of exposure.

Mr Peabody
06-04-2006, 02:06 PM
The move wasn't necessarily a bad thing, again, if you are going to sort, let's be consistent. It's probably good to show those who might be confused, or not understand, where you prefer a question to go.

I may have missed it, but when I read the post that was moved, I didn't see any where, where it was moved to. If that information isn't there, can you add something? If I find a topic interesting that has been moved, I'd rather not go into every forum looking for it. On the other hand, I guess the topic would narrow the search some.

Geoffcin
06-04-2006, 06:03 PM
The move wasn't necessarily a bad thing, again, if you are going to sort, let's be consistent. It's probably good to show those who might be confused, or not understand, where you prefer a question to go.

I may have missed it, but when I read the post that was moved, I didn't see any where, where it was moved to. If that information isn't there, can you add something? If I find a topic interesting that has been moved, I'd rather not go into every forum looking for it. On the other hand, I guess the topic would narrow the search some.

You never have to go looking for a moved thread. If a thread is moved, all you have to do is click on the title in the old forum and you will be sent to the same thread in the new forum. It's link is never deleted!