Where is the Headphones section? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Headphones section?

audio_dude
06-03-2006, 11:18 AM
hey guys, just looking around the site, and I realised we have no headphones section!

I was thinking we could put this as a sub category to the speaker section, or even a section on its own!

Headphones are a big part of audio and I think we should have a section to discuss them.

jrhymeammo
06-03-2006, 11:48 AM
http://www.audioreview.com/cat/headphones-home-audio/headphones/PLS_2750crx.aspx

I'm thinking about getting HD600 by Senn. My paycheck didnt come in on friday so I'm gonna wait until monday to make a decision.

audio_dude
06-03-2006, 01:44 PM
yeh, but we still don't have a dedicated headphone section!

so if you have interest in a headphone section, post a message here!

Wireworm5
06-03-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm no longer interested in headphones since my loudspeaker system exceeds my headphones. At one time however it was vice versa. If however someday I can't crank my stereo I may be interested once again in finding cans that are better than what I have.:)

audio_dude
06-04-2006, 07:23 AM
like by no means am I a headphone-ophile but I enjoy these so much more because they sound so much better for the money than speakers! (i'm not talking $1000 people, i'm comparing my $185CND atoms to my $130CND grado sr60)

Zhyn
06-04-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm not home all the time so I depend on my headphones (Sennheiser px100) to listen to music while I am out.
I think a headphones section would be awesome.
I actually need to buy some new headphones, it's too hot in the summer to have the px100's on my head.
I'd get some in ear ones, but I find they're never very comfortable, and fall out of my ears easy. Maybe I have weird ears...

audio_dude
06-04-2006, 11:29 AM
I'd get some in ear ones, but I find they're never very comfortable, and fall out of my ears easy. Maybe I have weird ears...

maybe you should look at a set of in-ear buds, like the shure EC2, i'm saving up to get a set of these! http://www.shurestore.com/earphones/eseries_e2c.html

they're cheap, and i've read many reviews raving about them (there are some that hate 'em, but they usually just use 'em for a day or two, you need a week or two to start hearing the difference)

but ya, we should get a headphone section

Florian
06-04-2006, 01:24 PM
I will ask for you

-Flo

audio_dude
06-04-2006, 04:27 PM
thanks flo! :D

Geoffcin
06-09-2006, 09:52 AM
hey guys, just looking around the site, and I realised we have no headphones section!

I was thinking we could put this as a sub category to the speaker section, or even a section on its own!

Headphones are a big part of audio and I think we should have a section to discuss them.

Headphones are now part of the "Portable Audio" forum.

Enjoy!

audio_dude
06-09-2006, 01:16 PM
thank you!

Geoffcin
06-09-2006, 01:52 PM
thank you!

AR's big Limburger & master code monkey.

BillShiphr
03-05-2021, 06:54 AM
Je ne sais pas, il me semble toujours que si vous achetez https://indegenerique.com/priligy-belgique/ sans ordonnance-alors vous n'aurez tout simplement pas de tels problèmes. Je ne sais pas pourquoi j'ai décidé de le faire, peut-être parce que j'utilise cet outil depuis 2 ans et personnellement, tout est parfait!

Happy Camper
03-02-2022, 05:52 PM
Headphones and digital media took off about the same time. Many were drawn in by a need for portability but wanting better quality sound with our digital sources. Prior "quality" came from the hobbyist intrepid excursions into electronics wanting a better sound with portable amps, DACs, etc.and in that flourish also included desktop rigs. At the turn of the 2000s, competition of the hobbyists stirred some of the long standing providers to up their game. Today's headphone game has hundreds of options and sound from a portable today was SOTA to most people a couple decades ago. Today, you can search stores with any budget in mind. https://en-us.sennheiser.com/sennheiser-he-1