Anyone here a Carptree fan? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here a Carptree fan?

3-LockBox
06-02-2006, 12:06 AM
I have Man Made Machine and will be looking to get some more from this band.

Kinduva mix between IQ, Marillion, and FK...the singer sounds somewhat like Steve Hogarth...edgy at times, folky at others...somewhat retro musically speaking (what ain't?) but the writing is very good.

ForeverAutumn
06-02-2006, 05:25 AM
I have Man Made Machine and will be looking to get some more from this band.

Kinduva mix between IQ, Marillion, and FK...the singer sounds somewhat like Steve Hogarth...edgy at times, folky at others...somewhat retro musically speaking (what ain't?) but the writing is very good.

You know, outside of Dream Theater and Porcupine Tree, it's been ages since I bought any prog. Care to make some recs for me? Get me back into the swing of things? What's new that you think I'd like? Besides the new Flower Kings disk that BarryL keeps raving about.

3-LockBox
06-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Well, a few months back I dissed mightily on OSI and IZZ, and now I like them both, so I'd rec them for sure...I'd rec that Carptree album I mentioned above...

As far as Izz:My River Flows goes, they meander into the world of indie-ish on a few songs, so they're not died-in-wool prog, and niether is OSI:Free for that matter.

And if you ain't gots the new Flower Kings, is it cuz you don't like them? I was pretty much on the fence as far as the FKs were concerned before...I liked Adam & Eve pretty much, but this new FK album is "all that and a bag of chips". Quite simply put, Paradox Hotel is my front runner for album of the year so far.

Oh and BTW: Don't speak to me of recs until you tell me about Pain Of Salvation!

ForeverAutumn
06-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Well, a few months back I dissed mightily on OSI and IZZ, and now I like them both, so I'd rec them for sure...I'd rec that Carptree album I mentioned above...

As far as Izz:My River Flows goes, they meander into the world of indie-ish on a few songs, so they're not died-in-wool prog, and niether is OSI:Free for that matter.

And if you ain't gots the new Flower Kings, is it cuz you don't like them? I was pretty much on the fence as far as the FKs were concerned before...I liked Adam & Eve pretty much, but this new FK album is "all that and a bag of chips". Quite simply put, Paradox Hotel is my front runner for album of the year so far.

Oh and BTW: Don't speak to me of recs until you tell me about Pain Of Salvation!

I told you about Pain of Salvation (I think). I liked it. The Perfect Element is on my Amazon wish list. I ended up not being so crazy about the Lacuna Coil CD though.

I haven't heard much Flower Kings. I like what I've heard though. The reason that I said I was looking for recs besides them, is because I already know that the FK fans 'round here like the new disk.

3-LockBox
06-02-2006, 09:26 PM
I ended up not being so crazy about the Lacuna Coil CD though.

You know, they haven't had any staying power with me either. I haven't listened to them since I sent you that copy.