Spanedo s8e [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Spanedo s8e

tenor
06-01-2006, 07:35 AM
Hello. I´m writting from Spain.

Anyone has this loudspeakers SPENDOR S8E ? what do you think ?

Resident Loser
06-01-2006, 08:26 AM

Anyone has this loudspeakers ? what do you think ?

...Spendor S8e ?

Re: these speakers...haven't a clue...

jimHJJ(...Hopefully helpful criticism: no one here will be willing or able to help/opine unless they know what you are talking about...)

markw
06-01-2006, 08:28 AM
I don't mean that facetiously, but truly. I'm pretty sure they don't exist here in the US.

I've never heard of these and did a google search and of the seven sites that it returned, none was in any language I could understand. A lot of grear is not available all over the world and this may be some of it.

You were wise to state your location. That helped a lot. ...seriously.

Good luck and post often. It's nice to get a perspective from other countries.

Resident Loser
06-01-2006, 08:35 AM
...did a google search and of the seven sites that it returned, none was in any language I could understand...

...got a response?...I did a Google and it asked me to leave and not come back...

jimHJJ(...actually said my search did not match any documents...)

markw
06-01-2006, 08:47 AM
My apologies to The Smothers Brothers for the liberties I took with that one.

Actually, it asked me if I meant "spandex". Don't think I wasn't temped to make a crack about that but I figured he's new and might not get the humor.

Actually, you might be on the sumptin' with that "spendor" thingie.

Markw(we wus in yer hood last week)

drseid
06-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Very good speakers. I like the entire Spendor line, and yes they are available in the US. Many consider these reference quality in the 3-4K range...

---Dave

Resident Loser
06-01-2006, 09:31 AM

Anyone has this loudspeakers SPENDOR S8E ? what do you think ?

...we have that all sorted out...the more important question is what you think of them?...Do you own them or are you auditioning them?

Their specifications look promising, but specs don't tell us everything, as there are too many variables. Of all the various components, loudspeakers are the most subjective to deal with because not all people hear all things in quite the same way...take that a step further: not all speakers will sound the same in your living room as they did in the dealers showroom...other choices such as program material or the volume at which it is played affect the end result...so while the Spendor's may get good reviews or word of mouth, you are the one who has to be the final judge...

jimHJJ(...good luck and good listening...)

Resident Loser
06-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Very good speakers. I like the entire Spendor line, and yes they are available in the US. Many consider these reference quality in the 3-4K range...

---Dave

...Spendor's are available...it seems however, that the Spanedo s8e (the subject of the poster's pre-edit inquiry) are not...nor do they even exist...

jimHJJ(...and therein lies the rub...)

JohnMichael
06-01-2006, 11:10 AM
I do not own the Spendor S8e but I have read very positive reviews in the Absolute Sound and in Stereophile and many of their reviews are available on line. Sorry I could not be of more help but I also wanted to welcome you to AudioReview.

audio amateur
06-01-2006, 12:56 PM
I sure don't own them either but I have read good reviews about them. They are floorstanding speakers, using the same drivers they use in the bookshelf model.
http://www.spendoraudio.com/exp800.htm this is the website.

and these are the bookshelves:
http://www.spendoraudio.com/exp800.htm

those look sexy as hell with their stands.
Anyway, they do seem to be quality speakers. Can't tell you anymore about them.

tenor
06-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Thank you very much for your answers. Excuse my terrible english !!.

I have Spendor s8e + amp unison unico se with mullard tubes + marantz sacd sa 15. I´t´s a good combination , but in my room, the bass frequencies are too much.I think is a acoustic problem . Also, the classic series had less bass. I´d like to know other owners of this speakers with other amps.
Yhank you

Resident Loser
06-02-2006, 06:49 AM
Thank you very much for your answers. Excuse my terrible english !!.

I have Spendor s8e + amp unison unico se with mullard tubes + marantz sacd sa 15. I´t´s a good combination , but in my room, the bass frequencies are too much.I think is a acoustic problem . Also, the classic series had less bass. I´d like to know other owners of this speakers with other amps.
Yhank you

...natives who can't speak the language as well as you, don't worry about it...

Your integrated amp strikes me as an excellent example of hybrid design and from a spec POV, is impressive...the reviews I have read seem to concur...IMHO, I don't think changing amps is the answer...and since it is of a rather minimalist design, it's not a simple case of adjusting the bass response...Additionally, I'll take a guess you aren't a fan of the group sunnO)))...

You probably hit the nail on the head with your problem being a room-based one...keep in mind that too much bass can be the result of too little treble and vice-versa...re-positioning the speakers or changing room decor may help, as the tonal relationships are interdependent .

I'll assume you followed Spendor's recommendation as to the minimal distance (45cm/approx. 18ins.) the speakers are away fromm room walls...any closer may be augmenting the bass frequencies...also toe-ing in the speakers in order for your listening position to be more in line with the tweeters axis/dispersion pattern may result in a better or more linear perception of their overall frequency range.

Rugs/heavy curtains/plush furniture...they all tend to take a toll on the highs, which can, in the big equation, overemphasize the low end...then of course there is the possibility of standing waves which will require more aggressive methods to cure.

jimHJJ(...but first, start with the little things...)

Florian
06-02-2006, 07:04 AM
Try some DIY bass traps, room acoustics OR a EQ in the digital realm :-)