Go ahead. Laugh. We saw Poseidon. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Go ahead. Laugh. We saw Poseidon.

markw
05-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Cheesy, but the one saving grace (and the ONLY way I would see it*) was that we went into the city and saw it on the IMAX.

There were a few good jump-up scenes but, on the whole, somewhat over-rated. I don't think We would have gone to see it on a regular cinema. without IMAX it might be a little lacking.

Watching that big boat rollover on that great, big screen with great sound was almost worth the price. ...and watching a smart-ass Kevin Dillon (the only roles he seems to play well) get crushed by some big hunka machinery was fun, too.

Emmy Rossum was pretty, Richard Dreyfuss was ollllllld (and I should talk?), Kurt Russell was, well, Kurt Russell and Kevin Dillon, well, we already discussed him..

*that, and a promise of a pastrami sandwich at the Carnagie Deli.

kexodusc
06-01-2006, 03:47 AM
Ha ha....I can laugh because I saw it too...posted a few weeks back I think.

It would make for an average rental...the movie was painfully obvious, and predictable...but I still feel that Poseidon was more of what Titanic should have been.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
06-01-2006, 04:33 AM
mmmmmm...Carnagie Deli. I would see the horrible movie The Fog again just for the chance to go to the Deli :thumbsup:

shokhead
06-01-2006, 05:50 AM
It wasnt as bad as it could have been. Not bad at all. I liked it better then MI3.

markw
06-01-2006, 07:26 AM
We make it a day in the city when we go the the Imax. Some coffee in one of the shops (sometimes a B &N), a walk in CP, the movie, some dinner, whatever...

Hell, I'd even watch SpongeBob if it's in Imax and she provides me with the proper incentive. I'm 57 and sometimes* my favorite foods I can't get every day rates higher than the usual incentives that worked 20 - 30 years ago.

Yeah, it was a fun movie. Not great art, but entertaining. She wants to See MI3 too, but so far I've managed to put this off. That's a renter, IMNSHO.

The next excursion wil lto see Superman Returns but I'm gonna have to bribe HER this time.

* I said sometimes, not always. I may be old but I ain't dead! ;)