How is it possible? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How is it possible?

Jefferson
01-29-2004, 08:00 AM
How is it possible that you could release a single and AMG not even be able to discover your name?

That said, this sounds interesting, has anyone heard it?

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDMISS70311072346332114&sql=Bme5e8qn9btm4

-Jar-
01-29-2004, 08:36 AM
Sheffield's The Past Seven Days' "Raindance" (AD 102) was a dramatic six-minute slab of guitar-driven anthemic drama that should have been the start of an interesting career. Sadly, though the band left 4AD to sign with the then-hot Dindisc label (home to OMD and Martha & The Muffins), they never released another record.

http://www.mcilwaine12.utvinternet.co.uk/ctuk/bios/others/ivo/interview.htm

I've never heard this song, I'll have to track it down.. being fan of many 4ad bands, it sounds very interesting to me.

-jar

MindGoneHaywire
01-29-2004, 08:49 AM
When it comes to fringe stuff, AMG isn't always on top of everything. They have a listing for a band I was in a few years ago & all we ever released was a 7". The label that put it out fed them some nonsense about how violence frequently erupted at our shows, to make it sound sexier than it actually was, I guess. They reprinted the 'press release' almost verbatim. They cover so much that they're not going to pay great attention to something unless there's someone there that feels it's warranted. I've come across a lot of stuff I thought was real good & had thought was popular, too, that they don't have bios for & only the thinnest of listings. But for all its flaws, AMG does a pretty good job, all around.

Jefferson
01-29-2004, 10:41 AM
When it comes to fringe stuff, AMG isn't always on top of everything. They have a listing for a band I was in a few years ago & all we ever released was a 7". The label that put it out fed them some nonsense about how violence frequently erupted at our shows, to make it sound sexier than it actually was, I guess. They reprinted the 'press release' almost verbatim. They cover so much that they're not going to pay great attention to something unless there's someone there that feels it's warranted. I've come across a lot of stuff I thought was real good & had thought was popular, too, that they don't have bios for & only the thinnest of listings. But for all its flaws, AMG does a pretty good job, all around.

So c'mon J, aren't you going to share with us the name of the band?

I agree that AMG is a great site but they do leave loose strings about at times. I can't remember the band right now, but they had lengthy reviews of like their first 3 albums, then nothing on the next 2, then reviews on the remainder. Oh well.

-Jar-
01-29-2004, 10:47 AM
So c'mon J, aren't you going to share with us the name of the band?

I agree that AMG is a great site but they do leave loose strings about at times. I can't remember the band right now, but they had lengthy reviews of like their first 3 albums, then nothing on the next 2, then reviews on the remainder. Oh well.

I'd love to work there, I mean, I like writing short little reviews, plus I think doing the research would be fun. Plus I could say " hey man, I saw you guys at the Euclid Tavern back in '91!! whatever happened to your first drummer? " etc etc...

:)

-jar

Jefferson
01-29-2004, 10:53 AM
I'd love to work there, I mean, I like writing short little reviews, plus I think doing the research would be fun. Plus I could say " hey man, I saw you guys at the Euclid Tavern back in '91!! whatever happened to your first drummer? " etc etc...

:)

-jar

I'm with you Jar, it'd have to beat the hell out of actually working. ;)

How does one get a gig like that anyhow?

Davey.
01-29-2004, 02:13 PM
... being fan of many 4ad bands, it sounds very interesting to me.

Hey, speaking of 4AD, I just saw at today's <a href=http://www.kingblind.com/>kingblind.com</a> that Blonde Redhead is now signed to 4AD and their new Misery Is A Butterfly album is due Mar 9. I downloaded the linked Elephant Woman mp3 and it sounds pretty good. Not that it has anything to do with this thread, but ..... :)