X Men 3 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : X Men 3

s dog
05-28-2006, 06:44 PM
I dont know how to post a review like some of the guys on here do so i will put it like this, sound was hellish loud which i really injoyed, action all the way, halle berry looked hot as always, story was fairly good, i liked it enough that i will buy the dvd when it comes out.

eisforelectronic
05-28-2006, 07:41 PM
I thought the first 2 were better. This one seemed too rushed and jumbled. I thought the sound was pretty good. I don't need to like the movie to buy it on DVD.

kexodusc
05-29-2006, 05:30 AM
I agree...this movie could have easily been two, and probably would have worked well as a trilogy. The concept of the story was excellent, but BAM, everything just happend so incredibly fastr. At 1hr 45 or so, this was very rushed. I agree, the execution of the other 2 was better, and I think I prefered them, but the story in X-Men 3 better I felt, a much more grand tale.

One thing I did appreciate - no introductions. By now we know the characters, what they are, what they do, etc...straight to the point.

Some of the scenes were really intense and I imagine will be very good on DVD.

The acting was what you'd expect for a movie of this type - it wasn't nearly as bad as critics will say it was, but probably won't win any nominations for awards.

Gotta admit - I usually go into a movie like this knowing what to expect, and find plots and sequences to be very predictable. It's the action they sell, if I want literary mastery, I'll read a book. But this movie threw me way off - it's not very often I'm totally surprised by the plot and ending. I've got a lot of questions I still want answered.

I'll give it props for that.

I just really hope there's more of these movies...this comic/superhero franchise is easily the best in Hollywood.

shokhead
05-29-2006, 05:56 AM
I'm going this afternoon.

thekid
05-29-2006, 07:00 PM
I think the pace was to cover the holes in the story line and to cover lazy writing. Of course my son loved it and that is the main reason I went to this in the 1st place. It delivered pretty much at the level it was intended and I suppose depending on the box office returns they have set a few story lines in place to get to the next movie.

shokhead
05-29-2006, 07:05 PM
It was ok,as good as the 2nd,better then the 1st but not great. Better then MI3.

Defshep
05-30-2006, 02:04 AM
Based on a star rating of 1-4, I'd give it a solid 3. With the original being three and a half, X-2 four stars. For some reason, I kept comparing it to Jurassic Park 3, as far as pacing and entertainment value. Good, but not great.

topspeed
05-31-2006, 10:37 AM
I enjoyed it. A great popcorn muncher from beginning to end. Like most of you, I found X2 slightly better, but this was still a far cry from such drivel as Fantastic Four or The Hulk *shudder*. Definitely worth seeing on the big screen, IMO.

I don't see how they couldn't make another installment. Seriously. Think of the marketing potential and plotlines for XMen 4, aka I X. The mind boggles :crazy: Besides, after the second largest opening weekend in history, it would seem foolhardy for them to walk away from the franchise at this point. Hugh Jackman has even hinted that this isn't the end. We shall see...

Defshep
06-01-2006, 03:40 AM
I enjoyed it. A great popcorn muncher from beginning to end. Like most of you, I found X2 slightly better, but this was still a far cry from such drivel as Fantastic Four or The Hulk *shudder*. Definitely worth seeing on the big screen, IMO.

I don't see how they couldn't make another installment. Seriously. Think of the marketing potential and plotlines for XMen 4, aka I X. The mind boggles :crazy: Besides, after the second largest opening weekend in history, it would seem foolhardy for them to walk away from the franchise at this point. Hugh Jackman has even hinted that this isn't the end. We shall see...
Hugh Jackman says he's in talks with Fox to make a Wolverine flick.

L.J.
06-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Gotta chance to see this the other day and I liked it. Almost as good as 2.

Next up, will be MI3.