Cary loudspeakers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cary loudspeakers?

bobsticks
05-28-2006, 05:26 AM
Did anyone know that Cary makes speakers? I saw a pair yesterday--breathtaking (kind of reminded me of drseid's Tylers). Evidently they were sold briefly in the states, but are now available only in Europe. Unfortunately, the demo pair was not plugged in, and as the owner of the shop was busy closing the deal on a pair of 805s my curiosity remains unsated. Anyone ever have a listen? Good stuff or all flash and no substance?

Bernd
05-28-2006, 06:30 AM
Good stuff Mark, and naturally voiced for Tubes but I am sure they will sing also with decent SS. Very good looking to boot. I used to own a Cary 300SEI and had on home audition a pair. Just can't recall the model name at the moment.Age I guess. Really liked them.

Update: The little grey cells have sprung into action. Silver Oak Model 3. Nice speaker.

Peace

Bernd:16:

bobsticks
05-29-2006, 06:12 AM
...I appreciate the reply. I'm not really surprised that nobody else has heard them. About the only thing I got from the hurried shopkeeper was that they were sold here for approx. 6 months and but had moved everything overseas for reasons of "exclusivity" (rather dubious on that one). Hopefully, later in the week I can make it back in and give 'em the go-around.

Good listening