The problem with The Raconteurs CD... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The problem with The Raconteurs CD...

ForeverAutumn
05-26-2006, 02:24 PM
...is that it's too darn short!

Broken Boy Soldiers is, by far, my top CD of 2006 so far. There isn't a bad note on this disk IMHO. It's just solid rock from start to finish.

I don't have any White Stripes CDs so I can't do a comparison for you. But I can say that nothing I ever heard by The White Stripes made me want to buy a CD. The first single off of this disk made me run out and buy it, and I wasn't disappointed. It's a bit of an ecclectic collection of sounds. There are songs on here that remind me of Sabbath, Bowie, Zappa, and even a blues track.

The ironic thing (IMO anyway) is that I hear so many other influences in this music and one of the lines in the title track is, "I'm done ripping myself off". I'm sure that some could/would argue that this CD rips off a lot of other people...better than ripping yourself off I guess. :ihih:

The bottom line is that this is an excellent disk.

Anyone else listening to this one yet?

Finch Platte
05-26-2006, 06:08 PM
...is that it's too darn short! The bottom line is that this is an excellent disk.

I gotta disagree. About it being excellent, that is. I want to like it- it's pure focking R&R, but it's just not sticking. If all the songs were Steady As She Goes caliber, I'd have to agree with you, but that's the first song, and the quality drops off from there, imo.

It's not bad, but excellent? Really? Ya think?

I'm looking at it on Allmusic, where they describe the moods of the disc, and one of them is "swaggering." I can see that. :ihih:

Maybe I need to listen to it some more. Maybe you do, too, and we can meet in the middle. :cornut: I gotta admit, I really like the Intimate Secretary track. :ciappa:

fp