Where to buy individual speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy individual speakers

mayday_ar
05-26-2006, 11:37 AM
I've this beautiful older Marantz bookshelf system with two 8" woofers, a mid-range and tweeter in each. I would like to replace the woofers. Where would you recommend finding individual speakers? Thanks. Jim

JohnMichael
05-26-2006, 11:46 AM
I've this beautiful older Marantz bookshelf system with two 8" woofers, a mid-range and tweeter in each. I would like to replace the woofers. Where would you recommend finding individual speakers? Thanks. Jim

Welcome to AudioReview. I would like to suggest you check out two places for individual drivers. They are www.madisound.com and www.partsexpress.com. You should be able to find repalcement woofers.

Resident Loser
05-26-2006, 12:07 PM

...of saying something you may already be aware of, the speaker diameter, while obviously important, is not the only parameter to be considered when replacing drivers...nominal impedance, type of enclosure and other specs must be taken into consideration in any attempt to replace them...

jimHJJ(...OEM parts would be ideal...matching specs are a very close second...)

mayday_ar
05-29-2006, 06:44 AM
[QUOTE=Resident Loser]...of saying something you may already be aware of, the speaker diameter, while obviously important, is not the only parameter to be considered when replacing drivers...nominal impedance, type of enclosure and other specs must be taken into consideration in any attempt to replace them...

I was worried about my ability to match the existing speakers. Thanks to the links provided, I will be having the woofers refoamed instead of replaced. Your kind responses saved me both money and hassle. Much appreciated.

JohnMichael
05-29-2006, 07:10 AM
I was worried about my ability to match the existing speakers. Thanks to the links provided, I will be having the woofers refoamed instead of replaced. Your kind responses saved me both money and hassle. Much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I am glad it was just a surround rot problem and not blown woofers.