what is the best PLASMA in the market today [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : what is the best PLASMA in the market today

mel_s2las
05-26-2006, 03:10 AM
I need to buy for my client here in saudi arabia and need for my coming projects. could somebody link me a source ... thanks:5:

edtyct
05-26-2006, 04:12 AM
For pure picture quality, with various models representing a hierarchy of features and price points, Pansonic, Pioneer, Hitachi, and Fujitsu. A few of the many reputable dealers on the web are Plasma Depot, DTV CIty, and DTV Express.

mel_s2las
05-26-2006, 04:32 AM
Where does PLASMA (http://mel-science.blogspot.com/)come from?

edtyct
05-26-2006, 04:55 AM
It's not really plasma as most people think of it. Behind the screen are lots and lots of cells filled with neon and xenon, each cell containing a red, blue, and green phospor. Jolting these cells with a signal activates the phosphors and creates such TV shows as Gilligan's Island and such movies, when the time comes, as the Da Vinci Code--which I didn't get to see in its entirely last night at the theater because the damned fire alarm sounded, forcing us to evacuate.

paul_pci
05-26-2006, 11:52 AM
For pure picture quality, with various models representing a hierarchy of features and price points, Pansonic, Pioneer, Hitachi, and Fujitsu. A few of the many reputable dealers on the web are Plasma Depot, DTV CIty, and DTV Express.

I was under the impression that Fujitsu was top of the line in the consumer market with a price to go with that claim. Is that incorrect?

edtyct
05-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Fujitsu has a long and distinguished history of making plasmas; the company used to supply most everyone else with glass and electronics. Lately they have scaled production down and for some time have had rivals for picture quality. Fujitsu's pricing remains on the high side, but it is not necessarily an indication of total superiority. The company has a policy of not selling its products over the web, if it can help it.

Fergymunster
05-26-2006, 06:19 PM
I need to buy for my client here in saudi arabia and need for my coming projects. could somebody link me a source ... thanks:5: Just make sure it's PANOSONIC they are by far the best ones on the market these days.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
05-27-2006, 07:36 AM
IMO its Panasonic. I looked at so many different plasma models, but the Panasonic always looked just a hair better. I recently purchased a 42" Panny for my living room.

paul_pci
05-27-2006, 09:59 AM
IMO its Panasonic. I looked at so many different plasma models, but the Panasonic always looked just a hair better. I recently purchased a 42" Panny for my living room.

Congrats; Had I the money (credit line doesn't count) I'd do the same right now.

Dharris
05-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Pioneer Elite and Runco are the best I have seen.

edtyct
05-30-2006, 08:36 AM
It's no wonder that you place Runco and Pioneer in the same category, since traditionally Runco has used Pioneer displays as the foundation for its spare-no-expense designs. Runco has also started with NEC components. Good point, though. In our obsession with the mainstream, it's easy to forget the higher-end companies.

Dharris
05-30-2006, 08:57 AM
I forgot the NEC's they make top notch displays as well.