Shack - The Corner of Miles and Gil [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Shack - The Corner of Miles and Gil

Mike
05-24-2006, 01:36 AM
Dave (wouldn't you know it) put me on to this latest release from Shack in another thread but this album deserves everybody's attention. It's been streaming through my pc for the last few days now and it's a gem, can't wait for my ordered copy to come through.

If you like the sound of The La's or Elbow or even the Super Furry Animals without the electronica then this is for you, beats me why they aren't more popular. It's features horns/strings guitars and warm vocals with that Liverpudlian twang, with some great harmonies in there and clever lyrics too.

Some albums you know when you first hear them, you just know this is the one, like an old comfortable pair of jeans it just feels right. Well this is the best album I've heard so far this year for this genre. Thanks again for the link on this one Dave.

Cheers
Mike

Live streaming here, go listen....

http://www.uncut.co.uk/music/shack/special_features/8750

Bernd
05-24-2006, 02:09 AM
Hi Mike,

Couldn't agree more. Got my copy last week and it's a gem.:)

Bernd:5:

Davey
05-24-2006, 07:44 AM
Yea, they are definitely one of the top Britpop bands, right up there with the ones you mention, along with the Stone Roses and the other early charmers. But if you are outside of the UK, you probably aren't gonna find this one in a shop. Don't know if it'll get a US release or not. As I mentioned in the other thread, I got mine through cd-wow, but make sure you go through a link such as this $2 discount ...

http://www.flamingoworld.com/coupon/CD+WOW/104502/?afsrc=1

With that link it is $15.95 postpaid. If you've already used it just clear your cache and it should work again, but there are other discounts around too. A little more pricey than normal US deals, but still much better than paying $30 from amazon :)

Mike
05-24-2006, 08:27 AM
As I mentioned in the other thread, I got mine through cd-wow, but make sure you go through a link such as this $2 discount ...

http://www.flamingoworld.com/coupon/CD+WOW/104502/?afsrc=1

With that link it is $15.95 postpaid. If you've already used it just clear your cache and it should work again, but there are other discounts around too. A little more pricey than normal US deals, but still much better than paying $30 from amazon :)

Interesting I use CD Wow from time to time but my link automatically brings up prices in sterling. Your link brings up dollars and with that discount and the current exchange rate means I can buy them even cheaper now.

I've just put an order through now and using my link it would cost me £8.95 which isn't bad by UK standards, but your link means I've only paid £7.49 after conversion from $ to £!! nice one Dave.

Cheers
Mike

Davey
05-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Interesting I use CD Wow from time to time but my link automatically brings up prices in sterling. Your link brings up dollars and with that discount and the current exchange rate means I can buy them even cheaper now.

I've just put an order through now and using my link it would cost me £8.95 which isn't bad by UK standards, but your link means I've only paid £7.49 after conversion from $ to £!! nice one Dave.

Cheers
Mike
Yea, it does vary but right now the US oriented site is cheaper. There used to be some £2 vouchers floating around, but not now. Best seems to be £1 so the $2 is a better deal, and it seems to always be around. And like you say, the prices at the US site seem to be better than the exchange rate right now too, but part of that is probably VAT, right? Won't you have to tack that on to the price, or does that get calculated in when you check out?

Mike
05-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Yea, it does vary but right now the US oriented site is cheaper. There used to be some £2 vouchers floating around, but not now. Best seems to be £1 so the $2 is a better deal, and it seems to always be around. And like you say, the prices at the US site seem to be better than the exchange rate right now too, but part of that is probably VAT, right? Won't you have to tack that on to the price, or does that get calculated in when you check out?

I've just had confirmation of what I'll pay by credit card and it's all inclusive of VAT and delivery so I'm well chuffed (pleased) The only thing I need to be careful of is keeping orders below £18 otherwise I'll get stung for import duty.

Cheers
Mike