Multimeter recommendation? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Multimeter recommendation?

natlus
05-23-2006, 07:00 PM
I want to troubleshoot my old Marantz quad receivers, as well as my newer gear, but am not sure of which multimeter to buy. In a perfect world I'll be using it to check continuity, etc.., so as to solder, locate defective circuits, etc..

Any recommendations or sites on the web that can get me there?

Thanks in advance

dean_martin
05-24-2006, 06:54 AM
I'm going to try the one below to bias the power tubes in my amp. Haven't got it yet so can't add much more.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103174&cp=&fbn=Type%2FDigital&f=PAD%2FProduct+Type%2FDigital&fbc=1&kw=multimeter&parentPage=search

Resident Loser
05-25-2006, 05:36 AM
I want to troubleshoot my old Marantz quad receivers, as well as my newer gear, but am not sure of which multimeter to buy. In a perfect world I'll be using it to check continuity, etc.., so as to solder, locate defective circuits, etc..

Any recommendations or sites on the web that can get me there?

Thanks in advance

...RS, Simpson, Aines, Sperry, Fluke...for basic testing, AC/DC, resistance, current...nearly all are interchangeable...yes, usually the higher priced units will have better tolerances and the package will most likely stand up to field use and abuse, have better/longer warranty periods...

jimHJJ...Stick with reliable names and pick a price point...)