If you had to grab one item.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : If you had to grab one item....

jrhymeammo
05-21-2006, 01:14 PM
In case of unfortunate fire damage, if you could safely grab/drag ONE item of your audio related equipment, what would it be?

Honestly, I would grab my dog, since he can act as an acoustic damper.

noddin0ff
05-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Not sure what I'd do with one speaker, so right now I'm thinking the hard drive that I'm slowly filling with my entire collection...

Florian
05-21-2006, 01:35 PM
I would grab the DIVAS......Unfortunatly 700lbs will be a pain in the ass :idea:

audio_dude
05-21-2006, 02:21 PM
umm....I would throw everything outta the window and hope for the best

kexodusc
05-21-2006, 03:53 PM
I was gonna say my dog...he's my favorite woofer (boo, hiss) but someone beat me to it.

I'd save my autographed copy of Dream Theater's "Scenes From a Memory" signed by John Petrucci and Mike Portnoy...the rest of the gear can burn...i've got it all insured and would probably enjoy the process of starting all over and building everything again anyway.

PAT.P
05-21-2006, 05:42 PM
My audio manuals,it contains all receipts for everything I bought including in here is my log book of DVD and CD I own.Now maybe I should make a DVD of all content of house and leave it in here.:ihih: I'll still make sure the wife and boy are out:cornut:

Feanor
05-21-2006, 06:08 PM
My audio manuals,it contains all receipts for everything I bought including in here is my log book of DVD and CD I own.Now maybe I should make a DVD of all content of house and leave it in here.:ihih: I'll still make sure the wife and boy are out:cornut:

Like Kex said, it would be fun starting over -- provided one had a fair wad of cash.

Smokey
05-21-2006, 06:15 PM
In case of unfortunate fire damage, if you could safely grab/drag ONE item of your audio related equipment, what would it be?

Have to say my LP collection. As many as I can :D

jrhymeammo
05-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Have to say my LP collection. As many as I can :D

That's cheating, you gotta pick just one album. But yeah, starting all over again would be really fun. I would definetly try out different stuff, and would enjoy it just as much as everything I have right now. .

topspeed
05-22-2006, 08:32 AM
After the family, the photo album would be about the only thing I'd grab.

Everything else is replaceable.

jocko_nc
05-22-2006, 08:46 AM
That's what insurance is for... I would be shopping with a big pocketbook.

jocko.

GMichael
05-22-2006, 08:47 AM
Some of you guys are pure crazy. Your house is burning down and all you can think about is how much "fun" it will be to start over again? Wow! Sick sick sick....

The audio would be left behind without a second thought. By by baby. Where's my wife? Where are my cats? Out the door.

noddin0ff
05-22-2006, 11:18 AM
ATTN: Eastern seaboard. I'm not really worried about house fires anymore! Here's your 3 day warning!

http://www.savelivesinmay.com/

topspeed
05-23-2006, 09:01 AM
ATTN: Eastern seaboard. I'm not really worried about house fires anymore! Here's your 3 day warning!

http://www.savelivesinmay.com/

He's French...

Figures. :rolleyes: