Faux Punk Mix [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Faux Punk Mix

Slosh
05-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Here's a mix in Apple Lossless that'll be available until May 25.

01 Pig - Sparklehorse
02 50% - Grandaddy
03 Red Bull Of Juarez - Frodus
04 Old Dominion - Enon
05 Without MSG I Am Nothing - McLusky
06 The Sweat Descends - Les Savy Fav
07 Helicopter - Bloc Party
08 Blanket - Autolux
09 What Do You Want Me To Say? - The Dismemberment Plan
10 Red Haired Mary - Chisel
11 Minus - Beck
12 He War - Cat Power
13 AFK - Pinback
14 Ivan - Kid Dakota
15 Love's Lost Guarantee - Rogue Wave
16 Hopeless - The Wrens
17 Hateful - The Clash
18 I've Hardly Been - Stephen Malkmus
19 Add It Up - Violent Femmes
20 Sidewalk Serfer Girl - Super Furry Animals
21 Insistor - Tapes 'n Tapes
22 Fell In Love With A Girl - The White Stripes
23 Same In The End - Sublime
24 Quincy Punk Episode - Spoon

http://www.transferbigfiles.com/Download.aspx?id=eb9369bb-21a6-41ac-bdce-2cbd42f0c3ad

noddin0ff
05-21-2006, 02:05 PM
I gotta say, I'm only 10 tracks in and I'm enjoying this immensely! I can see ‘Without MSG’ making heavy rotation in my shuffle list. I stopped and played it about 8 times before going on to track 6. Is that track representative of the album? A dark and humorous Pixies successor, maybe? I’m having a hard time not buying an album with a title like that.

Nice upload! Appreciate the Apple Lossless as well. That last comp took me hours to figure out how to re-encode it.

If others wanted to put up comps, is this a free account? I couldn’t find a home page…wouldn't load.

Slosh
05-21-2006, 04:39 PM
I gotta say, I'm only 10 tracks in and I'm enjoying this immensely! I can see ‘Without MSG’ making heavy rotation in my shuffle list. I stopped and played it about 8 times before going on to track 6. Is that track representative of the album? A dark and humorous Pixies successor, maybe? I’m having a hard time not buying an album with a title like that.That's the album opener and is typical for about half the album. They delve off into some weird noisy math-rock (but always with a bit of punk attitude) in places. Hey, whatcha expect with Albini engineering? Their prior album, McLusky Do Dallas, is a better place to start, IMO (they only made three albums before splitting up).

Nice upload! Appreciate the Apple Lossless as well. That last comp took me hours to figure out how to re-encode it.Actually that's WMAL converted to ALE (because my daughter wanted to put it on her iPod). I tightened up some of the inbetween-track-gaps and it sounds fine when played back from the hard drive but a CD-RW copy has some noisebursts here and there but that just may be because I played it back on a car stereo that isn't specifically designed for RW playback. Is the upload clean?
If others wanted to put up comps, is this a free account? I couldn’t find a home page…wouldn't load.www.transferbigfiles.com

Yeah, it's free. You can upload up to 1GB at a time and it's available for download for 5 days or 20 downloads. YSI's free account allows 1GB also but now limits you to 100MB at a time, which means I would have had to split this up into 6 parts (which means I won't be using them for lossless comps).

noddin0ff
05-21-2006, 06:43 PM
The files sounded clean. I listened to the whole thing with headphones while I typed away. I didn't notice any pops but I get pretty absorbed when writing on a deadline. I haven't burned it to CD yet.

Ex Lion Tamer
05-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Looks to be an awesome mix. But I haven't been successful in downloading it. Tried using my YSI download manager, but it doesn't accept it, and if I try it as a straight download it gets hung up.

Bummer!

Slosh
05-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Well, you got until 9PM-ish EST on the 25th to snag it. Hopefully it's just a temporary server problem. I e-mailed a couple of friends the link and they both had no problem getting it on Sunday, and one was a Mac and the other a PC. I also posted this at Obner so maybe the twenty download limit has been reached (although the thread only got one reply and no mention if it was even downloaded).

FWIW, there are no noisebursts. I listened to it on my work commute yesterday, listening specifically for them and there were none. :)

Let me know what happens. If the download limit has indeed been reached I can upload it again and send you the new link via PM (or use YSI and break it up into 100MB chunks).