Portable DVD player recommendations? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Portable DVD player recommendations?

noddin0ff
05-20-2006, 01:59 PM
Anybody have recommendations for portable DVD. I'm looking for something to keep a 3 year old entertained while on road/air trips. It would be nice if it could hang on the back of a seat since the kid is still to young to hold such a thing. Guessing around the $200 price point give or take. Toshiba? Sony? Panasonic? Must run off car adaptor.

Thanks!

topspeed
05-21-2006, 05:54 PM
I bought a Toshiba SD-P2000 for the exact reason you are. The thought of trying to keep two young 'uns entertained on a cross country flight is truly frightening. The Toshiba has spent 3 years banging around on quite a few flights and road trips and still runs like a champ. Excellent picture quality, long battery life (enough for 2 movies before a recharge :) ), car kit, and two headphone outputs. It even has component and dts out so you can hook it up a receiver. You can even invert the picture if you want to strap it to the seat in front of you. We usually just fold down the tray, but it's nice to know you can hang it if you need to.

Naturally, they have updated models since the P2000 (it was 3 years ago), but the point is I can't recommend the Toshiba highly enough.

noddin0ff
05-21-2006, 06:37 PM
How do you go about strapping it on the back of the seat? That seems ideal.

topspeed
05-21-2006, 07:19 PM
A velcro strap should work fine.