Audiophiles Beware: Meteor Particles... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Audiophiles Beware: Meteor Particles...

superpanavision70mm
05-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Each year the Earth receives a few inches of accumulated dust and debris from outer space...mainly meteor particles and other space dust in general. These particles go unnoticed to the human eye simply because it's such a small amount falling over some a large amount of time....each day might only receive 1/100 of a millimeter or so. Some areas are affected more than others, but generally speaking we all receive a small fraction. This fraction however has the intensity to warp the sound within your listening space. These particles are highly charged and emit just enough to make a difference. One quick method to counter these emissions is to cover your entire house or living space with aluminum foil. This might seem extreme, but then again...so is the damage from these foreign particles. Ever wonder where the fidelity went in your music? The particles have enough to take away that fidelity. Moreso, they have the ability to cause a small enough seismic force to put vibration into your system. Thus, these are probably the most detrimental part of any sound problem.

Now if you actually believe what I just wrote...shame on you. I just thought it'd be fun to write something totally crazy just to see where it would go.

ToddL
05-20-2006, 10:07 AM
(I am pointing and shaking my finger) We've got a jokster. I bet that there were several readers looking for the acoustic properties of tinfoil before getting to the end of your post.

What model PSB's?

audio_dude
05-20-2006, 10:12 AM
lol, what a gag, for people that gulible, I laught at you

-ahahahahahahahaha-
shake,
rinse,
repeat
-ahahahahahahahaha-

superpanavision70mm
05-20-2006, 04:35 PM
thank you for going with my humor and not against it....it's always great to laugh at the simple things in life....or meteors.

audio_dude
05-20-2006, 04:48 PM
ya, for the seriousness -ess of audio, a laugh once in a while is good, no, not corny "audiophile" humour, but funny humour, lol

GMichael
05-22-2006, 10:55 AM
OK you got me. Half way through I was thinking, "Why not just get one of those air filter thingies?"

Does it matter what brand of tin foil I use? Can I use a thousand or two ding dong wrappers?

Resident Loser
05-23-2006, 05:05 AM
...isn't even a close second...

Mylar, which has no appreciable atomic charge is a far superior material...It's production uniformity and multi-axis tensile strength is ideal for use as an interceptor medium, as determined by NASA in it's use of it as a protective layer for the Lunar Lander. With a vapor-deposited, conductive material, such as beryllium, applied to this polyester base, stray magnetic and electrical charges are easily shunted to the preferred earth ground or are simply dissipated to an atmospheric one. It is an idealized combination of mechanical and electrical properties which doesn't compromise the Gamon-Teller strengths of the inverse-beta transition on the sub-atomic level or the coherent density fluctuation while paying close attention to the Landau Parameter...

Add to that it's inexpensive (relatively) enough to be used a whole-house wrap in the post-framing construction phase...

jimHJJ(...the only probem is the required use of monel fasteners...)