Blue October [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Blue October

Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid
05-20-2006, 06:32 AM
I was in the local record shop last week and over the in-store system comes Peter
Gabriel, (or so I thought). Did Peter release something new and I missed it, I thought.
I had to go and ask what was playing. Turned out it was Blue October. Wow! Pretty cool stuff. Check them out if you get a chance.
Anyone know much about this band?

peace.
rael

ForeverAutumn
05-20-2006, 09:48 AM
I was in the local record shop last week and over the in-store system comes Peter
Gabriel, (or so I thought). Did Peter release something new and I missed it, I thought.
I had to go and ask what was playing. Turned out it was Blue October. Wow! Pretty cool stuff. Check them out if you get a chance.

peace.
rael

I posted a while back, asking about them also. No-one here seemed to know too much about them. They've been around for years, apparently, and have about six or seven albums under their belt. I don't have anything by them yet, but they are definately on my wish list. They have a new CD out in the US but it won't be released in Canada until May 30. I'll be picking it for sure, based on what I've heard by them. If you go onto their web site, there's a really good stream which includes both new and old stuff.

Finch Platte
05-23-2006, 04:54 PM
I picked this up today.

One of the worst CDs I've ever heard. What a waste of $10 (US). :incazzato:

fp

ForeverAutumn
05-23-2006, 06:05 PM
I picked this up today.

fp

Oh Finchy, you could have ordered it off of Amazon for $6.95. What made it so bad for you?

Finch Platte
05-24-2006, 05:09 AM
Oh Finchy, you could have ordered it off of Amazon for $6.95. What made it so bad for you?

Hey, it was in front of me at Best Buy, and I was curious. Besides, don't you have to pay shipping from Amazon, not to mention waiting for the damn thing? Of course, after hearing it, I could have waited a loooooong time. :sleep:

Cheesy.

Amateurish keyboards trying to be big-league. Annoying, over-the-top, self-important vocals, usually done with someone doubling it a few octaves down, which gets old quick.

I can just imagine the bass player leaving after laying down his tracks, and coming back the next day & hearing what someone has added while he was gone. "Why'd you guys put that in there? It doesn't make any sense. And how are we going to do that live??"

Pretentious. Overblown. Overwrought.

Sucky.

:)

fp

ForeverAutumn
05-24-2006, 12:02 PM
That makes me sad. I was really looking forward to this disk.

Finch Platte
05-24-2006, 05:47 PM
That makes me sad. I was really looking forward to this disk.

Hey, you know my tastes. You'll probably really like it. :cornut:

What did you think of the Asia disc I sent you?

fp

Duds
05-25-2006, 05:44 AM
These guys are horrible, way overhyped.

just my opinion though

I picked this up today.

fp

Finch Platte
05-25-2006, 06:24 AM

peace.
rael

Street teamer, perchance?

fp

Stone
05-25-2006, 07:29 AM

fp

I don't think so. He/she's posted about a lot of other stuff in this forum.

Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid
05-25-2006, 08:23 AM

fp

no, not a "street teamer"....
I've been lurking around for awhile. occasionally I post. Hopefully this isn't an exclusive club, is it? Whatever happened to that yechy guy?

btw, guess I will pass on "Blue October", I have plenty of discs that got one play and then were shelved. Thanks for the opinion finche.

peace,
rael

n.p. White Stripes "Elephant".

ForeverAutumn
05-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Hey, you know my tastes. You'll probably really like it. :cornut:

What did you think of the Asia disc I sent you?

fp

Well, you were right about the Asia disk, so may just be right about the Blue October disk. :yesnod:

ForeverAutumn
05-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Hopefully this isn't an exclusive club, is it?

Nope. Not exclusive at all. The more the merrier!

Dusty Chalk
05-25-2006, 02:33 PM
no, not a "street teamer"....
I've been lurking around for awhile. occasionally I post. Hopefully this isn't an exclusive club, is it? Only slightly exclusive -- no street teamers. Otherwise, all are welcome. And yeah, I recognize you from other posts, so you're allowed in. (He says magnanimously.)

I mean, just because someone tries to post with a little bit of creativity, doesn't make them a street teamer. Not everything that's said has to start off from word one telling us whether or not something sucks or not. I applaud any efforts to draw us in with a bit of storytelling.

ForeverAutumn
05-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Only slightly exclusive -- no street teamers. Otherwise, all are welcome. And yeah, I recognize you from other posts, so you're allowed in. (He says magnanimously.)

I mean, just because someone tries to post with a little bit of creativity, doesn't make them a street teamer. Not everything that's said has to start off from word one telling us whether or not something sucks or not. I applaud any efforts to draw us in with a bit of storytelling.

Geez, if we was kicking people out for Street Teaming, y'all woulda kicked me out ages ago for The Trews and Luke Doucet. This place is all about plugging the music you love.

Keep on loving :15:

ForeverAutumn
06-09-2006, 05:48 AM
I picked this up today.

fp

Despite Finch's opinion, I gambled $10 and picked up this CD yesterday. After three spins, I have to say that...while I don't hate it as much as Finch does...this is not very good. I like the older stuff that I heard on their web site a lot better.